Get Timers Now!
X

May 16 - 20:05:43
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
Duping. Started by: -Clyde- on Jul 20, '10 23:16

I suggest a firmer penalty for this offense. It is in the rules and player is notified apon startup. I do not see any excuse as to why these offenders cannot be banned for a period of time in addition to losing characters?

Report Post Tip

The majority of "dupers" are players with first time accounts who think they can cheat the system. Hopefully, they learn their lesson after the first time.

I imagine any IP address which repeatedly dupes is monitored and deal with accordingly.

Report Post Tip

And adding to Gwarble the admins are really nice and cool people :) thats the other reason and the problem with banning everyone that has dupes straight away is that that's taking a chunk of all new players out so the growing of this game would slow done.

Report Post Tip

Understandable gentleman, My hopes with this are to head it off at the pass by instituting a shall we say....No tollerance policy. I'm not talking a ban for life here, and as Gwarble stated: A new ip is 1 thing. However, the point here is to stop spies. It should not be tollerated in any way, shape or form.

Report Post Tip

Stop spies?

Again as Gwarble and matt have said, I'm sure admin go harder on repeat offenders... IE if you dupe 2 or 3 times you will get banned for a month or 6 months or a year or life. It is possible for people to forget they have a living character or even their password or sign up email address and create two accounts by accident. You also have a few n00bs who don't read the rules, or feel they can cheat admin and not get discovered. I feel the current punishment system is more than adequate.

Report Post Tip

Yea Judge quite often people come and go so it is possible they don't come on for say a month think they would have died or forgot there sign up email then create another one and then they would get banned because they have bad memory.

Report Post Tip

Theres also the issue of people who share an ip and die, when they create a new character they could forget to report ip sharing again.(altho im not sure how they could as there is a note saying the system has detected you are sharing an ip)

Report Post Tip

we can't go banning everyone that makes a mistake. That's just not good business.

Like what was mentioned before, there are harsher punishments for repeat offenders. If we banned every dupe, Izzy and Anubis would never be able to access the game, they are the worst! 3, 4, 5 duplicate accounts!

If I see another Anubis_Test_Account1, I am shutting the site down! :/

Report Post Tip

...well it is nice to know repeat offenders are dealt with accordingly. :)

Report Post Tip

I understand the problem of banning a member from day one. But i also share Clyde's thoughs about this... duping is a spying stategie. Because of this we cannot trust entirely our own fellow family members. There must be another way to control this better.

Report Post Tip

In all honesty there aren't as many dupes as there used to be. Each case is considered individually and punishment is handed out based upon the circumstances involved in the situation.

Because of this we cannot trust entirely our own fellow family members. There must be another way to control this better.

Maybe you should get to know your members before you "recruit" them. I have people come to me about dupes they find this way quite often.

Theres also the issue of people who share an ip and die, when they create a new character they could forget to report ip sharing again.(altho im not sure how they could as there is a note saying the system has detected you are sharing an ip)

You must report with every character once you have shared an IP even just once on a previous character. That is the way our system works. I get sick of sending nag letters to the same people repeatedly. This IS in the game rules and is a punishable offense again with the outcome being based on the severity of the situation. We do NOT have to chase you down, that's not our job. We do this so we don't have to kill you for it. It is your RESPONSIBILITY to report this and follow the game rules by doing so.

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Duping.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL