Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 24 - 20:36:24
Page:  1 
The First Ever Writers Vendetta Awards Started by: Kenzi on Mar 03, '19 14:47

In the spirit of awards season, I think it's a good time to celebrate the creative writers of our community.

It isn't hard to see that we are in the midst of a role play revival. The streets and business districts are absolutely alive with gripping stories and dynamic characters. Nothing feels better than achieving that next rank and being recognized by your family. However, that's for the characters. I think it's time that we recognize those behind the story lines. 

SO...

With support from a number of folks who want to encourage the RP to keep going strong, I would like to announce the creation of an awards "show" for the RPers of our world. The Writers Vendetta Awards will happen March 26th at 1:00 game time. This will be a role play ceremony, only this time, the nominees and presenters will be playing themselves! 

Nominations begin March 3rd and end March 17th.
Anyone may nominate any RPer or Role Play thread. 
To submit a nomination, use the following form:

https://goo.gl/forms/QKfjrhpEVF44SWr12

Multiple submissions for the same RPer or thread by the same person will only count as one nomination. 

A panel of non-biased judges will review the nominations between March 18th and March 23rd

Award Categories:

Best Group RP 

Best Duo RP

Best Drama RP

Best Comedy RP

Best Action RP

Best BD Business

Best Street RP

-----

Best Actor

Best Actress

Best Supporting Actor

Best Supporting Actress

Best Character Couple

-----

Rising Star Award (Voted on by nominees)

John Keats Exemplary RPer Award (Voted on by nominees)

Awards Ceremony will take place March 26th. 

Players will be notified of their nominations prior to the ceremony.

Nominees are encouraged to participate in the Red Carpet RP leading up to the ceremony.
(Link will be provided)

Players may volunteer to be award presenters.

Acceptance speeches can be made after all awards are presented. 

Feel free to message me with any questions or if you need clarification!

Report Post Tips: 13 / Total: $1,040,000 Tip

Neat idea Kenzi,

Is this like the Oscars in that we're only looking at the last 365 days of RP and characters?

Also, I presume it's okay to nominate dead / retired characters that have been active in that period of time as well?

Also - are you giving out prizes (would you welcome donations of prizes?  If so I might have a few things laying around to contribute!)

And yes, I'm happy to help as a presenter.  Anything else you need just give me a shout!

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

OH GOD I FORGOT!

Yes, there are awards!!!

So far, there is a total of $10m that will be distributed among the winners and nominees- as well as major and minor perks that were donated as well.  If you'd like to contribute to the prize pot, that is most wonderful and you'll be listed as a sponsor of the event!

RPs that are active within the nomination period (now until March 17th) are eligible for consideration.  This includes RPs that were begun prior to the nomination period and are still active.

I would love to be able to recognize dead/retired characters, but if someone wins that isn't actually playing right now, it's hard to give them an award.  Perhaps we'll add a category for posthumous awards?

Report Post Tip

An in memoriam slide show of suits worn by fallen rp characters ... too bad we hadn't thought of this earlier we could have saved suits and created a slideshow to do like they do at the oscars

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Will there be a lifetime achievement award?

Report Post Tip

Wow.....nice Kenzi.  Writers block obviously gone!

Report Post Tip
Honestly this is such a great idea I’m kicking myself for not starting it years ago so the community had something to look back on. Great fucking going for real Kenzi, this will be fun for years to come.
Report Post Tip

Just a note:

Yes, the awards are still on, all prize money and stuff are secure since my recent character switch ;)

GET THOSE NOMINATIONS IN!!!

Report Post Tip

Sounds like a good idea for all good writers in here.

Report Post Tip

Time Is Almost Up!
Don't forget to submit your nominations for the First Annual Writer's Vendetta Awards! 

Nominations must be submitted by 23:59 on 3/17 to be considered.

Submit your nominations here!

Awards Show will be March 26th! 

Nominees will be notified Monday, March 18th, with instructions for preparing for the awards ceremony.

GOOD LUCK!

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Did I miss this?

Report Post Tip

Nope- we're just in a bit of a holding pattern while we get the rest of the results back! No worries, things are coming together beautifully! :)

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: The First Ever Writers Vendetta Awards
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL