Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 04:42:25
Page:  1 
The Intellect Society Started by: The_Mathmatician on Sep 23, '07 22:06
Everybody gather round and listen up. I've got very important news to bring you! There has been a University opened up in the great city of Philadelphia! This University is run by myself, I am the Dean Of Admissions, and we are welcoming any new students!

After the recent death of my mentor Sao, I decided it was time to expand my teaching career, and opened this University. Sao was a great mentor, but I needed to go my own way.

Thank you for listening, if you have any questions my office hours are.... well, leave a message with my secretary and I'll respond as quickly as work allows. My students are waiting.

The Mathmatician runs off to teach his first class--20 minutes late already.
Report Post Tip
Would anyone else like to point out the oozingly ironic tale of this family's name coupled with their master's?
Report Post Tip
Well, Sing, it's not Ironic at all if you think about it, as I teach Mathmatics, and The_Chemist teaches English... wait, no, he doesn't... what does he teach again?

The_Mathmatician grabs his pocket directory and scans it searching for The_Chemist, muttering to himself.

Oh that's right, Chemistry. Wow, should have been a simple one there.

If you weren't previously engaged I'd have offered you the position of Master of the Arts. It's a Liberal college after all.
Report Post Tip
I believe you have still failed to spot the irony of your poster.

You are running a college... yet you don't seem to be able to even spell "Mathematician" right.
Report Post Tip
That is because I am a math professor, not an English professor my good sir. I reject all forms of knowledge except those of mathEmatics. Notice I have capitalized the E for your pleasure.
Report Post Tip
If only I was sponsorless, then I could rebuff your advances.
Report Post Tip
Notices his friend and fellow professor speaking to the masses.

I just wanted to thank you for not remember the subject in which I teach. I forgive you, though, you being the Dean and all.

The_Chemist lights a cigarette before continuing

On the subject of being able to spell and being an English professor and such. Hell I'm not even sure I spelled Chemist right, so I agree about the not having to be able to spell.

The_Chemist smiles and takes a drag off his cigarette.

But yes at the time I am taking all applications for the University as our Dean has something of more importance to handle. So please send all of your applications to me and I will review them and send you your acceptance letter myself. Thank you for your time.

The_Chemist shakes his boss' hand and continues his cigarette as he heads back towards the University.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Intellect Society
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL