Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 06:43:08
Page:  1 
Ambition Started by: Homie on Sep 24, '07 04:37
An old civilian who has been walking the streets all day, finally tires and sits down on an overturned milk crate. He wipes the sweat from his brow and looks around. Stopping a passerby, he poses a question. Several others stop to listen as he veers off on a tangent from his original, single question.

What do these leaders hope to accomplish during their tenure? I've been walking around these streets all day looking for employment, and to be honest, I haven't seen much that impresses me. Some leaders have taken five minutes out of their certainly busy day to introduce their family to the rest of the mafia factions throughout the country, but some haven't even bothered to do that. I've heard the arguments that there is no point in doing this until a family is stabilized, but I'm not buying it. Is saying a few words such a strain on one's time? Besides, if you aren't deemed a mute, perhaps you'll live long enough to become stable. Then again, in this environment, maybe it doesn't matter.

Are the Feds winning? Are they finally succeeding in killing off this way of life that our old timers brought over from Sicily? Families used to get much more involved in La Cosa Nostra, as a whole, rather than introverting themselves into their own families. Not even their own cities, just their own families. There was a time when leaders used to develope their business districts, and offer incentives for profitable businesses, and death sentences for worthless ones. Some leaders would run competitions to motivate lower ranks to work harder, rewarding those who impressed. This often opened the door of opportunity for those who came out ahead, signalling to the higher ranks that perhaps they were worthy of branching out on their own. There was a time when multiple families would compete against each other with their own nationwide newspaper industries, each offering their own spin on events.

And now it seems like they can't even bothered to tell other mafia factions who they are when they set up. How far we've fallen...

You can't say that it is due to a shortage of events. Leaders rise and fall every day. Not long ago, that would have been adequate incentive for anyone who wished to profit from dabbling in journalism to pick up a pen and write. And by "dabbling in journalism", of course I mean strong-arming the industry into giving a favorable opinion of their family, along with a share of their profits from newspaper sales.

I've seen overly cocky actions that were unjustified based on the lack of rank and power to back it up, and I've seen shameful cowardly acts that have no place in organized crime, regardless of rank or power.

So what are our leaders going to do with this chance they are given? Continue on this same path, or step it up and begin to give the position of crew leader the amount of effort it is due?

As for me, I'll keep walking these streets as an observer until I see someone who I would be proud to work under.
Report Post Tip
I have a car wash opening available..
Report Post Tip
Maybe you should explain to me what you meant by that? As a lowly thug, you might think I would accept such employment. I thought I made it pretty clear that I wasn't so desperate.

Also, with my being a lowly thug, you might assume you can make snide remarks towards me without consequence. I can also assure you, that would be an incorrect assumption.
Report Post Tip
I see your point Homie, but........

I pose these questions of you.

Is it not sometimes advantageous to ignore these streets of ours in such a turbulent time?

Is it not best to keep a low profile?

With the bloodshed of the last couple of weeks since a new beginning was offered to us, is it not time to explore what is available, sign up to the oh so treasured code of Omerta and work your way to the top through both guile and brawn rather than "wandering these streets alone"?

After all, A mafioso with an allegiance will hold far more leverage than one without......

Tips his hat and walks slowly away
Report Post Tip
Paradox was merely walking down the streets when he noticed the man talking to a group of people. Curiosity gets the best of Paradox, and he stops and listens to him.

Paradox pulls out his cigars, and digs his hand deep into his left pocket, pulling out some pocket lint, digging his hand into his right pocket, and finally finds his lighter. Paradox lights up his cigar and takes off his hat.

As Homie comes to a stop in his speech, Paradox slowly approaches the old looking man and tries not to scare him. Paradox then introduces himself to Homie

'Good day to you sir. My name is Paradox, and I live in LA. I work for a man they call Antonio.

He runs a gang called Hell's Angels in the harbor area of LA.

We were the first to set up in the city of Angels, and we won't be the last. However, I believe I have what youre looking for in a crew. Yes, right now, that's what we are, a small crew. Or as others would say, a gang of earners.

Since day one, we have been working on making our crew into a family. Bring in structure and organization.

We have spotted some top earners of the mafia world, and managed to get into business and sometimes even to recruit them.

I am not saying, you will certainly like our way of doing things, however, I would gladly invite you to take a stroll down the Los Angeles city lights and visit our warehouse. I guarantee you at least a nice stay, you won't regret it at all.

Paradox steps back and awaits Homie's reply
Report Post Tip
I thank you for the offer, Paradox, but I have found work in New Orleans. Los Angelos isn't really my style, but Antonio seems to run a fine crew.

To answer your question, Concept, no. I don't believe it is best to keep a low profile in these turbulent times. It is better to throw caution to the wind. Cowards will keep a low profile, and as a result will get no respect. Being respected will keep you alive much longer than keeping your head low. Eventually, that low profile will catch up with you, and someone will decide that your existence is pretty much meaningless, and you will become their target practice.
Report Post Tip
Yes, everything you say here rings true to me. I understand your point of view, but do not neccessarily agree with it as things stand.

It is true that I am a great advocate of a healthy street presence from our leaders but I stand by my thinking that now is a time to build family bonds in the first instance.

What do we have at the moment? A handful of Wise Guys and a lot more Earners. I can only hope that they are putting all their effort into building strong bonds within their families much like Otho, myself and the other members of this gang are.

I would expect of course to see a healthy improvement on the noticeboards strewn around the 6 cities in the weeks to come.

I guess it is a case of "watch this space", or not as the case may be.

Tips his hat and wanders off.
Report Post Tip
I think it's a "spot the lazy bastards" rather than "watch this space" to be honest.

Overly cocky you say...well, arrogance is the new brevity.

There is one easy explanation for all of this really - 90% of the current leaders are shit.

But, homie, you already knew this didn't you? Does that make this whole thing rhetorical? Hard to say, very hard to say indeed.
Report Post Tip
miss Future walks up and hears parts of a conversation

I have yet to see a family. Having no one around with any stature (Made status) there can be no "Families".

Right now what you see is a bunch of crews...or gangs maybe that are striving and working together to be that first family. Trying times, and watching what you say is important, I think. Of course what do I know...I'm a nobody along with everyone else here.

Love,

GVF
Report Post Tip
HappyMod hears what the civilian has to say about the life of crime, and decides to comment.

You seam to forget dear sir, that it has hardly been more that a week since the world went dark, and all of our ancestors faced armegetan. Considering what you said, I thought back to just about every other black out my family line has seen, and there is always one thing that turns up indefinitely. That things is this, progression takes time. The world that we are walking around in today is not the same one as your ancestors were walking around in, and indeed, it won't get that far for a very long time.

My grandfather used to tell me stories about a woman called Anita. This woman did several of the things that you recently spoke about, but did she do them all within 5 days of setting up? No. she actually took quite a long time in getting things as good as they used to be. I am sure that not even you sir could deny that she spent the earliest hours of her reign advancing her own family, and stabilizing it before she moved to better the community as a whole.

Now don't get me wrong sir, and I am sure you will, for if I know your family line, you get anybody wrong that doesn't see eye to eye with you, I agree that there is much work that needs to be done in the streets, and in our community in general, but as of now, our leaders are not quite to the point were they can start to better the community in the vast ways you spoke of. That does not mean that they are not taking steps to get closer to that image every day. It just means that Rome wasn't built in a day.

Now I do agree with you that there are some leaders out there that do not deserve the position that they have. I have also seen leaders do some things that my ancestors would have frowned on, and indeed, that I frowned on, but that may be due to a general flocking from across the sea where a similar set of cities was recently flooded into extinction, but again, these things will even out with time.

I have to say sir, it is very arrogant of you to go around explaining to the world everything that is wrong, and not moving yourself to try and fix things. Yes things are not as they should be, but this world of ours is not even 2 weeks new, so why don't you try and do something, and not wait for your little girlfriend to do it for you. I guess this is where we will get to see if the pig really relies on the Woman.
Report Post Tip
Excuse the fuck out of me?

I must be dreaming, because I know you didn't just spout that bullshit towards me. Not moving forward and trying to fix things? Listen, asswipe, my ancestors have done plenty to try to "fix things". The reason I step forward and push others is because at some point, someone else needs to step up and contribute. Explaining what is wrong is a necessary prelude to someone actually doing something about it, so if it's arrogant, then so be it. It's necessary arrogance.

Now then...

Why don't I try to do something and not wait for my "little girlfriend" to do it? Do you need a history lesson? Do I have to remind you that it was Piggeh who created the family and built the empire that Anita eventually took over?

Pull your head out of your ass.

Here's a better idea, why don't you do something and quit relying on the same bloodlines to do things over and over again? People bitch about the same bloodlines getting to power all the time, but then they also bitch when those same bloodlines try motivating others to take over the reins.
Report Post Tip
Well jesus, are we all that stupid that we cant see the facts that are straight in front of our eyes. Be sure to not take your "necessary arrogance too far into thinking that nobody else in this world is good enough to get things moving again. Let me explain to you my "Homie" nobody asked you to do any moving forward for the community. Nobody came to you begging for you to save our retched souls from the horrible mess that we had have gotten ourselves into.

"Now don't get me wrong sir, and I am sure you will, for if I know your family line, you get anybody wrong that doesn't see eye to eye with you"

Goodness I like being right. Did I or anybody else come to you begging for you to fix things, or, more to the point, did any of us come begging to you asking you to explain what we need to do? I don't think we did.

Oh, and no, I don't need a history lesson, my bloodline was there the whole damn time. Do I have to remind you that it was piggeh who was taken down so early and had to have Black Fog pick up the peaces by force, or that it was piggeh's sun with the creative name of piggeh that got killed in the cross fire between a himself and a Gangster. While It may be true that piggeh started the family, he was not the leader that made it what it was.

Let me just finish off by saying this, Here is the best Idea of all. Why don't you deflate your head long enough to relies that nobody was relying on you or to do anything over again. In fact, I think we all had quite enough of you all last round to last us a good while.

"People bitch about the same bloodlines getting to power all the time,"

No, they just bitch at you, cause really, after the first time, nobody ever wanted to see you again, and I think you can use that for the reason of my response here.
Report Post Tip
Now you are contradicting yourself. Didn't you JUST ask me to do something about it? Then you just said nobody asked me to do anything about it....

Ok, whatever. I'm not surprised really.

By the way, Piggeh wasn't Piggeh's son. Ulysses was Piggeh's son. He helped Anita run the family for eight months. But, then again, I guess that wasn't a big enough contribution.

Anyhow, it's nice to see that my rant got you out on the streets. Congratulations on making your first two posts in your lifetime. That's a RHM that anyone can be proud of.

I foresee a long, successful life ahead for you.

*cough*
Report Post Tip
You know, it's a good thing that your head is already out of your ass, because I am sure that is where you just got your reply.

I in fact am not contradicting myself. What I actually said was that if you are going to start going after what the current leaders are doing, and insulting the progress, you should probably ask yourself what you have done to help it.

Of course in starting this thread you can now say that you were responsible for everything that ever leader does from now on right? You can say you kicked em into gear and got em moving huh?

Yes, your rant did get me on the streets. Looks like your master plan worked after all huh. Good lord homie, you have already done so much to help the community. You're basically responsible for everything so far.

Oh and by the way, sorry about crewing your family line up, that kind of thing must be important... ... ... to somebody.
Report Post Tip
I don't know what you just said, but thanks anyhow. Keep up the good work. If I ever need my family line "crewed" up by someone whose family line has never accomplished anything, you'll be the first person I call.

You can be President of my fan club. Hey, it's a start in life. You can move up from there.
Report Post Tip
You know when you start insulting typos you have nothing left.

OH GOLLY, President of your fan club, G wilikers thanks!!!!! You know what the best part would be, it would be supper easy considering there would be a sever lack of members.
Report Post Tip
Dude, you are embarrassing yourself. You are a RHM now.

The reason your ancestors were never given any opportunities beyond SCL was because Anita or Piggeh didn't feel you were ready to live up to the image that must be displayed by a person with a higher standing in the community. Instead of continuing to look like an ignorant ass, why not prove us wrong?
Report Post Tip
Right, and you're telling me that your blood line never insulted someone for challenging you? On the contrary, I saw on numerous occasions that your blood line did it just that. You know it doesn't matter what I say to you, you're always going have some kind of retort, whether it deals with the issue that was being discussed or not. I came on the streets to prove my point, and I did so. The fact that you come back with unrelated things shows that you have nothing left to say on the matter that was recently being discussed.

So someone disagreed with you, big deal, move on, get over it. There are other more important things that you could deal with, but I will say in your defense that in response to you I did somewhat strike below the belt. But come on sir, I know you have had to deal with that before, and I am sure that this will not be the last time.
Report Post Tip
Contrary to popular opinion, I really don't care if people disagree with me or not. The problem is that, for some strange reason, there are alot of people who are unable to disagree in a respectful manner. It makes me think we are all a bunch of children.

You will notice that Concept disagreed with me, and I did not jump down his throat. He gave a respectful, contrary opinion.

I also did not mention once anything derogatory about your opinion. My only problem with you is the way you left off your comments:

...so why don't you try and do something, and not wait for your little girlfriend to do it for you. I guess this is where we will get to see if the pig really relies on the Woman.

That was an unprovoked attack, and completely without any basis in fact. You know damn well that my ancestors have busted their ass around here for their families, and were regular contributors to street discussions.

I never insult anyone until they make personal attacks on me, or disrespect me.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Ambition
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL