Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 22:08:43
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Let's Talk About: Stories Started by: Magda on Mar 06, '20 17:54

I think the issue remains who is the target of criticism. 

I 100% stand with "if it's in the streets, anyone should be able to join" ... by all means!  Do so!  But also, be reasonable.  If someone is writing a scene in a moving car and it wasn't established that your character was already in the car... DON'T JUST JUMP IN WITHOUT SOME SORT OF REASONABLE WAY TO HAVE DONE SO.

A great example of a way to handle that situation might be "I was hitchhiking on the side of the road when a car pulled over to pick me up.   'Thanks for the ride friends.'  I say to the people in the car."  BOOM!  That's a realistic means of joining the scene that gives folks a way to respond to the sudden presence of your character.

Another situation - if two lovers are sharing an intimate moment in their home, don't just write a post walking through the living room without first establishing you were there or showing your actual arrival.  People come to my house sometimes at inopportune moments, it happens!  I might be in the shower, bathroom, having sex... it HAPPENS.  If you simply MUST jump into the middle of someone's thread (in the middle of an intimate or emotional moment) at least be decent enough to write something like this...

"(character name) rings the doorbell.  One of the bodyguards answers and lets me in." 

If you then walk through the living room at that intimate moment it gives the writers something to respond to that doesn't feel like someone just dropped a turd on the scene.  1)  Who let you in?  2)  Should they have let you in during that particular 'alone time' and what will the characters do to the BG in response?  3)  Are there consequences for people knowing about this romance (ie: are they from different crews and cities?  What political impact might that bring about?  Are there questions of loyalty now due to your romance with a possible rival family?)

The problem is that people who do jump into scenes don't always do so with the intention of adding to a story... but instead want to disrupt it and that pisses writers off because many of us actually enjoy what we're doing here and aren't doing it for credits.  And why we're not doing it in BA is that many of us do like sharing our writing with the community - that's sorta the point of writing in a community.  And many of us WANT people to hop into our scenes.  The addition of an unexpected person sometimes makes all the sense in the world and creates twists and turns that no one could have predicted.  Fun for all!

Look - I do understand your frustration.  Maybe there are people who don't have time or confidence to come out to the street and write as much as others.  Maybe that doesn't feel fair.  In that case, I strongly urge you to put your energy in a place where it will do some good.  Talk to the admins.

PLEASE!  Do NOT make members of this community feel unwelcome because you don't like what they do/enjoy.  We need everyone here to make this game fun no matter what aspect of it you enjoy.

Continue to take your issues to the only person who can change them: the Admin.  But PLEASE ... I think what all of us want is a seize fire on members of the community.  The issue had seems to be the mechanics of the game, not the people who come to play here.

Report Post Tip

basically what I was thinking of doing is, Oh Fuck, I can't believe you've done this 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Let's Talk About: Stories
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL