Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 23:51:45
Page:  1 
WMOB - Money for parodies. Started by: SingWhenYoureWinning on Sep 25, '07 08:18
That's right folks, here is your chance to make a little extra money for yourself.

It is quite simple, take a song you already know and re-write them to suit this world of ours. If you are struggling to understand what I mean, go check out the radio station (Thread: WMOB 69.69 FM) and see what has already been done.

I will be awarding $250,000 to the person who writes the best parody. They will be judged by.... me, seeing as though I'm the only staff here.

Anyone who writes one and sends it to me via mail will automatically receive $10,000. Any published on our radio station will receive a further $25,000 within 24 hours of it being published.

Please note that these rewards will only be available for as long as I have the cash, this is being funded totally by me.

WMOB Editor - SWYW.
Report Post Tip
We have just had our first entry sent in. He has received his money and if it gets played on WMOB he will receive another 25k.

Just a quick note. We are now being sponsored by someone with bags of cash, so the statement in which I said "you will get money until my cash runs out" is now null and void. ALL entries will receive cash.

Competition will end Sep 26 at 15:00 mob time.
Report Post Tip
Oh oh oh, I just had a wee brainwave.

My pappy told me of a competition once that the Gods made where people actually recorded their parodies and got prizes for it.

If ANYONE is brave enough to do this, I will send them $250k no matter what.
Report Post Tip
I will try to record one this weekend then just like old times.
Report Post Tip
Don't forget the balls in the mouth Brian
Report Post Tip
Throws a card into the street with the following address

http://www.uploadhut.com/id34440/mafia.mp3
Report Post Tip
Picks up the card noticing it wasnt all written on it.. here we go..throws the card

Check out the above (link).. it is from "Dre Day by Dr Dre"..

Enjoy the music and keep commiting crime!
Report Post Tip
Howdy folks!

Sorry about the delay in judging the competition. Things that were out of my hands delayed the result.

I received quite a few more parodies than I expected, therefore... as a lot of you have put the effort in, I am going to play them ALL on the WMOB airwaves over the coming days, so you all win the extra 25k.

Obviously, there has to be a winner though and that winner is... Midnight. Unfortunately Midnight has passed on now. But if his son comes to me and verifies who his pappy was, I will have the $250,000 sent to them.

Thankyou for all your entries, it was a pleasure reading all of them. It's nice to see some people still want to put some effort into this place.

SWYW.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: WMOB - Money for parodies.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL