Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 07:57:11
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Legere Ducem Nunc: On Picking a Leader Now Started by: LaszloKovacs on Jun 03, '11 04:17

When the Last Levee of Respect Breaks: I’m going to warn you. I have some sort of problem keeping on track so bear with me.

Many of us have just come over from the old country to these shores with the intention of taking care of our father's affairs. However, when I look around, I have a feeling that something is quite different than what my father described in his letters. It is a lack of... quality in leadership. Now I'm not saying that any of the fine gentlemen here are not hard workers. In fact, they work very hard. What I am saying is though that, they have nothing beyond an eye for a dollar, and perhaps certain sick dominative pleasures.

I look around some more, and see all their pawns, certain ones are scantily clad. I do not pity them because I know I will be one of them soon. These days, somehow certain people have grabbed hold of the top, and will hold onto it indefinitely. With the fall of the last really respectable city, as a whole, New York, I'm not seeing any sort of hope for decency in this world. Certain leaders are quite disgusting, not only limited to their lies/propaganda and actions of genocide (and I don't just mean the bloodlining over the years, I mean today), but as people in general. When one considers that no wrong was done to any of the other cities (if you refer to a rogue, you should be slapped with a mollusk… those hits that were put up? Where’d they come from?), and all those hard working innocent people died, my father excluded (another vice of his was laziness and also well not innocence), the greed and sickness becomes more apparent in the wind of the city where I’m standing now.

Of course, I say “certain leaders” because there are some leaders who are genuine human beings who are just being taken along with the tide. My father liked many people from every city, and he even liked some of the people in power in other places. However, he held allegiance to some girl who no one could really know what to call; she was too marvelous for words. My father is dead now clearly, and I'm not upset about that. He was old. He smoked. He drank, and was a weak person. He was late for his coffin’s check-in time. I am upset about all the others that were taken out, even some of those who were the enemy. I am upset about the things floating at the top of the bowl that just won't flush. Cancer tends to kill most people. They say it'll get to even the strongest. In fact, it might just be there right now in one of them. One of them is suffering from senility. My father was always respectful to the dead, and I plan to be too, except for the exceptions obviously. To those dead at this moment, I take off my hat to you. Friend or foe, you have my respect. You did your job, and you did it well.

I do know that when the death of those, personally and perhaps partly globally, hated will come, I will not be respectful and even in the moments before they die, I will breathe smoke into their faces, even if only through a vent. You will suffer the biggest loss, because the more you are hated, the more damned your children will be, such is the tradeoff for your current superiority. By damned, I do not mean that they’ll be shot on sight. I mean, they’ll get bullied in school, and abused. They’ll be the kid who gets strung up on the flag pole and left overnight in freezing weather. I would never suggest anyone to stoop to your level, and I might even pick you for my team during gym. But no, I would not pick you first… probably last. I’m sorry. In this situation I’m fantasizing about, we’re just kids playing a game.

So, when I pick my leader (and we'll assume that I won't make it that far, who are we kidding?), I'll pick one with a good heart and morality. That girl had a heart, and New York did. That man, who’s out there in the streets now, from New York, has a heart, and he’s fighting it out to a pulp. You. Yeah, you, that one in the back, do not compare to that surprised guy or his Godfather. My father actually respected you for a while. Even after he witnessed some questionable actions of yours, he still held that respect. Even until he reached his grave, he did actually respect you. However, his worries were met. You, there, did something that not too many people in history get. You were able to decide who had power, and your choices were more than exceptionally poor. Original simile and metaphor fail me, but cliché comes to mind: do not give a child a gun. Especially, don’t give it to one who was already known to be a mentally ill person. That other guy that died over on your side, he wasn’t so bad either. I really only blame you for picking one, and then I blame you for backing him. You should’ve put him down. You knew he had a problem, and you ignored it. If you didn’t see the problem, well, I can’t help you. I know you’re old, but I’m sure you can afford a good eyeglass prescription. If you really can’t see after getting one of those, well, retire because sight (foresight as well), is a requirement of leadership. I’m looking forward to seeing what happens next. I have a feeling things might take a while, like that cancer I mentioned before, but the pillars will come tumbling down. When I die tomorrow… Sorry, everyone. It’s going to happen. I want you to remember that even if you know who I am. I know who you are. The sons and daughters of the dead know it. I expect you to gather some sort of calm across these cities. I expect you, now that you have what you want, complete control, to cut your lies. You have a new chance to redeem yourself. Don’t bother admitting passed sins. I’m sure most of us know them already. I think what you really need is to stop it with your paganism. I think you need God, one god, the guy with a beard. Be something like Emperor Constantine. Morality and righteousness will come forth across the lands. Along the way to God though, you will have to clean up some of the mess that you started before it kills you and degenerates everything permanently. You can try to ameliorate this. You can try to make us forgive you. It won’t work really, but come on, try. I’ll even send up tribute to you if you try. I won’t pretend I’m doing ranges. I’ll only hold enough to buy drugs. Come on. Try. Try… You won’t though, will you?

To most of those alive, I have nothing against you. I want to have nothing against you. You, who is listening to me now and taking offense, obviously know who you are. You… forget it. Now, I will assimilate with you, and you know what? You probably won’t even know I’m there. I’ll probably get some money from you too. I’ll probably get pretty far (still kidding around a bit) with my complacency.

Just a reminder because perhaps I went on a rant or something: I do think some of the crewleaders now are great guys, but the people they have to talk up to… you get it. Really, I won’t question my respect for them because they’re suffering (not as much) too.

I told you I would have a problem keeping track of things, and I guess I’ll stop here. Take some of what I said seriously. Brush off a lot of it. I didn’t just lose my father today. I lost what would have been my family. Now, their kids have no home. I have no home, and I’m stuck here trying to figure out what to do. A lot of people will visit their parent’s graves and go back to their real home from this world. I don’t plan on this, and that’s where my issue is. It’s going to be hard to replace what you broke, a reason to respect a leader.

This was not endorsed by anyone. Not even my father would like this.

*I started this speech before a hero died. 

Report Post Tip

Your accountant makes note that $30,468 has been wired to...

And yes I rendered unto Caesar the things which are Caesar’s, and unto God the things that are God’s.

Report Post Tip

I don't know who you are, I don't know who your father was - nor do I care.

But I love you for writing this.

Report Post Tip

This is something special. I am almost speechless.

Report Post Tip

Unlike the two before me, I am not moved by your words. Rather, it seems inevitable that now the sheep have been slaughtered, their lambs come out here and have to bleat. The sad fact is that the majority of the fallen never even bothered to do that much when they might have meant something and could have done something about it. Instead, it isn't until they have nothing left to lose that they come out here and preach.

You talk about New York as "the last really respectable city" and I admittedly took everything you said after that with a pinch of salt due to obvious personal bias. There was nothing that New York did that made it better than any of the other cities. I saw no innovation, no originality and nothing extraordinary at all. I saw another city, stuck in the past; following the same old blueprint and getting through each day much like the one before. It didn't stand out, the Godfather didn't stand out and neither did the leadership. Hell, the people I consider to be more of a loss are the ones from within their ranks who did bother to come to the streets and make some semblance of effort.

I can't speak of the wonderfulness of Whatsername's leadership, because I don't pretend to know the intricacies of it, merely what the public saw of it - next to nothing. What I did see, tolerance of blatant disrespect from RoryRouke for example, I didn't like. I'm not pretending that she is the only one guilty of being too quiet, but so many children of the fallen have wielded this claim at the other cities like an insult, that they seem to have forgotten they are as culpable as anyone else. New York sat back on their laurels, behind their mountains of bodyguards, trained their guns and did next to nothing different until they got attacked. This doesn't surprise me in the slightest, too few people are prepared to rock the boat or take a chance and before they know it the chance passes them by. It is evidenced all the time and this just another in a long line of examples.

I can only assume that speech was aimed towards my Godfather, but you've wildly missed the mark if you believe him to be globally hated or his leaders to be suffering. They aren't. The members of Chicago aren't. This is a city of opportunity that rewards those prepared to work towards the betterment of their organizations. This is a city built on success and continues to strive for it. This is a city continually evolving. These supposedly hateful leaders were prepared to go to their graves on the say so of their Godfather, together with all of their members. This isn't a city held under Roman's yoke, this is a city willingly united behind his banner, prepared to die defending it and perhaps you would do well to remember that in the future.

It also appears to me that Chicago doesn't stand alone, the other cities stood beside Chicago, fought and died beside Chicago, whilst New York stood alone. That to me is a better example of wonderful leadership, who is prepared to fight your corner and who wanted to fight New York's? Perhaps they should have spent less time buying bodyguards and more time forging connections, then maybe the outcome would have been different. But, they didn't and it wasn't.

I love the negativity and the belief that people are unassailable, even though they aren't. Nobody is. History has taught us that. Individuals have shown us that. But until the bitter ones learn that friendships, alliances and connections will triumph over hundreds of bodyguards, they will continue to lose. You have to take opportunities and New York weren't prepared to take theirs. That is why they lie dead and the other cities still stand. Whilst New York can be proud of those who died for them in the manner they did, their efforts continue to be cheapened by the actions of those that have followed.

~C~

Report Post Tip

New York, dear New York. I remember a wonderful city led by a godfather who was both loved and feared. The city inherited by Whatsername seemed to remain in stasis never really moving onwards but just earning and sitting on the side lines when it could have been so much more.

I have read about a New York which was the most powerful place in the history of this thing of ours. Oh how things have changed.

As my dishonorable friend Chuckle eloquently put it your speech seems firmly aimed at old New Yorks historic ally Chicago and Godfather Roman. Shall we roll back the rhetoric and realise that Chicago stands tall as the Bastion of how this thing of ours should really run. A place where rules are set in stone not butter and are ruthlessly enforced. In Chicago we welcome originality, we welcome old school and we welcome new blood. It is a place where you can actually settle and work hard in the knowledge that if you raise your head above the barrier and peek out there is a bloody good chance if you have the guts and do your shit right your godfather will notice you and pay attention.

The Chicago you speak of and the Godfather you speak of is a far cry from the reality of the situation.

Report Post Tip

I speak as someone new to these shores and as such can only really relate to you listeners the experiences that my family have had.  My father came to these shores, quite by chance, and one day he spoke out about something unimportant.  However, a very important man noticed this speech and took a shine to him.  Help was given and a mentor assigned.  The important man who noticed my father was Gaius; the mentor Kurtz.  My father died by a Durden’s hands and Gaius was amongst the first to pay his respects and secure for me a space in his family.  Kurtz kept in touch, too.  Their training and help was first class.  For two undoubtedly busy men, they spent as much time as I needed getting things right.

So, here is what I think.  And remember, I can only speak for the very recent history of this thing of ours.  The men in bold are busy, but Hell, they need new people to come and join them and to help their cities grow.  Leadership is still here and is still in abundance.  We live in 8 very busy cities – not everyone can know everyone else.  I haven’t experienced the bad; I’ve only experienced the good.  And I can honestly say, hand on heart, that my family’s experiences of the leaders of this thing of ours has been excellent.

Finally, RIP Gaius and RIP Kurtz. 

Report Post Tip

I think you need to be more realistic whoever you are. A single word from anyone against a certain city would have lead to war immediately. Rogues were bad enough. Whispering in the dark would have been worse. I assure you. I know people were aware of the problem. Action never came. New York was destined to die; that’s why it was respectable. It was surrounded. It was not one of those feeding in to Chicago’s bullshit. For you to call New Yorkers sheep, I think you have your metaphors mixed up. Why would New York try to act and bring down the sky when they could have just all sat there and hoped for a savior?

Personal bias? Perhaps. I was kind of speaking in the first person and saying "I think" here and there. I was also making some generalities. So for you to question that, I might just chuckle. However, please, tell me how many people agree? I'm sure you wouldn't be able to get a number…

… You know how I mentioned realism a second ago? Well, what I really meant about that is something that Chicago knew very well about New York. New York feared Chicago. Don’t stop breathing. It will be okay. You know something else. New York wasn't alone in that. Why else do you think the other cities followed? Oh. I'm sure you can bring up some petty reasons for certain cities, but you're just going to look stupid. Don’t waste our time or your Godfather’s. He’s busy, and a short excuse will do nicely.  Nothing actually was comparable and whatever excuse or apology will be either. It is fear that Chicago rules by. That's how anyone rules. Just don't kid yourself about it and then you won’t sound like a sheep. Yoke? So you’re like an ox now? Okay. I dare you to stray. Deviate, and not like some of the other leaders I know (we’re focusing on one city thank you). Question something or refuse it. If you want to tell me you agree with everything that’s being done, I don’t believe you. I think you have some ideas, unless of course you are just a farm animal in which case I’m wasting my time (and I know I am).

You also sound like a chucklehead saying New York spent its time buying bodyguards. Ever look or walk around Chicago or do you just send your tribute there? (I know I do, just ask). And Chicago pretty much got intimidated by one guy. That's just sad, but not the first time in history that has happened. That Lady you referred to did to the best of her ability. She did speak eloquently with a beautiful voice, but her silence also was well placed. If she had spoken up, nothing good would have come of it, only a faster death for New York, and less bodyguards for you to kill.

If you want to talk about friendships and alliances, why don't talk about being twofaced and creating lies among each other? And yet, that's exactly why there's a problem in the leadership. I don't think they care that their own allies are liars. It's about whatever is convenient. If you live behind a blindfold, and you have a good feel on your wallet, what's there to care about? So I could care less about so and so being friends with so and so. I care about so and so actually having some moral grounding to stop so and so from doing such and such and making a spaz of himself and perhaps hurting others in the process.

As I stated, this was not endorsed by anyone. New Yorkers can hate me all they want. But, they're not cheapened by me. They're cheapened by the barbarian leaders who now walk their streets.

Knowing your Godfather, I shake my head. I might target him, but I feel terrible that he has people like you in his city, a disgrace. He at least tries to cover up his mistakes. He should just convert the whole place to those… guys with a short life span.

As for the first fellow interrupting me, I think you are confused in what you are saying. I will say there was an overt stasis in New York, but for reasons I’ve already explained, fear. I never said I don’t see future work in Chicago. My family will probably end up under them somehow as all of you are now. My issue is dealing with the idiocy in charge, and I don’t mean the Godfather. He isn’t an idiot. He just likes power. A lot of the others are.

Okay. Next interruption. Rest in peace to you, your Godfather, and Kurtz. I’m sorry about your death. You’ll need to look deeper into the beast then you’ll understand things. The two people you mentioned were not that terrible. They were just being strung along. I’m sure they were good guys.

Oh and can we please get this guy’s face on my coins already:

Jun 03, '11 10:22  Your accountant has made payment of $10,000 to…

Jun 03, '11 08:10  Your accountant has made payment of $9,240 to…

Jun 03, '11 05:20  Your accountant has made payment of $666 to the Coolest

Jun 03, '11 05:19  Your accountant has made payment of $35,928…

*The ellipses are all to one person, the imperator. 

Report Post Tip

You think wrong - I am realistic, I always have been. I'm just not a fool prepared to accept death because I'm too scared to try and prevent it coming. How embarrassing to believe that it is respectable to sit on your hands and wait for your city to be butchered. That isn't respectable, that is a criminal lack of leadership. Everyone can be killed, the seemingly impossible has been achieved and it will be again in the future. Most people (you're certainly in this category) cannot conceive of a reality outside their own experience. If they can't see themselves doing it, they can't believe anyone else can do it. Even when history would teach them that it can be done and dynasties can be overthrown, provided they have the right people prepared to do it.

If Chicago rules by fear, then surely the other cities would have welcomed the opportunity to remove the scary monster lurking over their shoulders. Why didn't New York approach any of them? Why didn't New York start the ball rolling? Why didn't your Lady use all of her eloquence and all of the beauty in her voice to try to make things happen? Instead she did nothing and she died. You all died. If you truly believe you were going to die anyway, which is pathetic in itself, who cares if it happens a day or a week earlier? What did you have to lose that you didn't believe you were going to lose anyway? At least that would have been doing something.

My point regarding bodyguards and the other inactivity evidenced in New York, was that they weren't doing anything. I disagree that Chicago spent all its time buying bodyguards, because I'm pretty sure they spent the better part of the last 24 hours removing the organizations festering in New York. They did that with their allies, forged during periods where you would mistakenly believe them to be doing nothing, like New York was.
Have you never heard of an alliance of convenience? Perhaps if New York had courted some, they would still be alive. There is no bigger crime as a leader than to fail your team, in any walk of life, but here where the stakes are so high it is unacceptable. Spare me the preaching about liars and disreputable friends; if our lives are on the line, then a leader has an obligation to protect them. That is their primary goal. Failing to preserve their lives is failing your team. Fortunately for them, their teams appear to have been comprised of naive idiots like you, who are more than willing to blindly accept that as fine leadership.

Everyone you paint as accepting their death being inevitable at the hands of Chicago, expecting it, whilst doing nothing to prevent it, is considerably cheapened by you. Those barbarian leaders still have families to lead and their members are alive, good for them. They did the right thing and their families continue to operate as a result. I couldn't be prouder.

I don't know where you think we are, or you wish that this was, but I can tell you it is the Mafia. Those leaders who still have business interests, who still have family alive, who still make money, who still live and breathe - they are the ones who did the right thing. In your dream world, maybe the righteous will succeed and maybe the most pious will win wars, meanwhile in this world those with power and the ability to wield it will continue rule the roost.

~C~

Report Post Tip

There was a slim chance of survival. It was not an acceptance of death. It was a hope for a future, but it didn't look good. 

I think you're looking at my statements in the wrong way, I see the other side, but I'm seeing the other side’s other side. I think it's a bit past you.

I'm pretty sure other cities want to remove that monster you referred to, but can't or are scared.

We had bodyguards, but Chicago made them the new black (or at least in season).

Alliances are fine and such. I'm not going to talk about convenient alliances. However, we had alliances, but those don't work when an ally of an ally lies.

This is the Mafia. I do not blame the leaders who followed in the attack. If you are saying that the Mafia lacks morality, I don't think you understand what I mean. Amorality is normal, but it is not a defining character of the Mafia. You would be defining it by a stereotype. I'm offended. The truth is: Morality is the core of the Mafia. The whole point is making a better world for... Mafiosos. Is this a better world? The one I have described is not. Of course, you just are that deep to see or conceive the reality of it. It's fine. I'm generous with my words, but I'm not going to walk you through it again.

Report Post Tip

There is no need to walk me through anything; I'm content without your naivety. Instead, I'll choose to see the world for what it is. Nothing is set in stone, nothing 'has to be' other than those things defined by the Gods. If you can't see that or how to make that possible, then you can't conceive a reality beyond your own experience. New York could have done a lot of things differently and maybe we would have a different outcome than them being dead. The fact is they didn't do anything and that is what led us here.

Where did I say Mafia lacks morality? What I said is that the leaders have failed their members by letting them be slaughtered if they accepted death and did nothing to prevent it. Similarly, if they just sat back and hoped for the best, I would have to reach the same conclusion. Whereas those leaders who still have families, who still live and breathe and are still part of the world, did the right thing. I also said those with power and the ability (read: balls) to wield it will continue to rule the roost, which they will.

~C~

Report Post Tip

LaszloKovacs you are quite clearly a bitter man and that is a shame but life must go on.

You clearly have a significant grievance with my godfather and it is generating a large chip on your shoulder. I have known of many who have had similiar issues within their blood line, yet when they have sat down and engaged with Godfather Roman they have realised that behind the hype and mystique which generates by the haters the reality is he is a fairly humble. Yes I said humble man.

My blood line should know, it has bumped heads with Romans on various occasions however working in chicago like I find myself now I remain a happy person for it.

We are members of the mafia, life is easy in the good times and especially hard in the bad ones, today myself and many members of Chicago are mourning the death of friends and drinking buddys. However we stood side by side for what we believed in and that is quite purely the essence of Chicago.

I stand before you today with total confidence that my godfather will back me through thick and thin as long as I obey the rules he sets, the rules I have chosen to live by. The city is a pillar of how things should be and at one time was rivaled by New York under TheDean.

Report Post Tip

Well owh kay first of all, seeing my brothers from another mother speaking, I too gotta gree with them.

Well I'm not really sure who you were referring to when you mentioend about picking your leader, but I do have a rough guess.

But anyways, let's see, you say Chicago spend our time buying BG's and stuff. But well, like what chuckle and El have spoken, if Chicago was what you said it was, then how can Chicago be not fighting alone during the war?  Well all I see, as well as everyone else, is that New york stood alone whereas Chicago and other cities allied and stood together as one.

So then, if Chicago was the one buying BG's and stuff, how could we possibly get the alliances? Alliances are formed based on trust and friendship. Now Did you see New york have allies? I'm afraid not. And was Chicago alone? Certainly not. So that doesnt make us the city which just buy BGs and train their guns, and sit there doin nothing else.

And well you say that other cities feared Chicago? Well doesn't matter if they do or do not, even if they did, they still stood with Chicago, but not with New York? Why? If you said Chicago spent all time buying Bg's, which would mean that we only focus on ourselves whereas New york doesnt, why does New york stand on their own durign war?

And well,enough said, CHicago dont spent all time buying BGs.

So then, I'm not saying whatsername was horrible or anything, but if she was really as great as you said she is, how can the outcome of the war be like this? See, a great leader, will be able to lead their city through thick and thin, and turn out victorious, something which my godfather Roman has done and have proved himself to posses the qualities of a great leader . And that quality is definitely something I saw in my Godfather, Roman. 

Report Post Tip

Simplicity smiled at a new person to come to the streets almost as sour as the last person she had spoke to. Moving foward to look at the speaker she got that excited feeling in her stomach. Almost like butterflies!

"Ahhh, I knew this would be coming. It happens after every war...people are sour that they died. Yet, that won't hold me back from proving your points wrong."

Fixing her hair quickly to make sure it wouldn't blow in her face as she spoke, Simplicity then continued.

"Listen, kid. I'm only going to touch base on a few things as they seem to be the bigger points. Such as everyone followed because they feared Chicago. Bullshit, my dear. Lets turn the tides and say it was NY, NO, LV, and DET against us. Reason why I didn't add Philly in there is because I'm quite sure they wouldn't of been on the other side. Now...as amazing as Chicago is. We most likely would have lost. Granted Roman has lived through much worse, but that is a pretty big offensive against us. It was pretty obvious that if they feared us the would of wanted to kill us. That would get rid of their fear and let them live at peace, but NO! they sided with Chicago! Obviously, your respectable city was doing something wrong!"

"Now don't get me wrong. I found many people in New York to be very respectable. Did they lead well? I couldn't really tell you, but they killed the only person that showed up in our streets. Other than that New York was rarely to be seen. They didn't seem to do anything...it was almost like they weren't even there...Have you ever heard that it's always the quiet ones to watch out for? Seems New York was that."

"Moving on the bodyguards. I find it quite funny you speak of this. We might have quite a few people with those bodyguards, but I don't know if you noticed that your biggest threat had most likely over 400 of such things. He even was able to take out The_Jester, a godfather. Just because we have bodyguards didn't mean we were safe at all. The only thing we had going for us was our allies and that we got the jump on New York. Most of Chicago was an easy shot for some of your New Yorkers. So spare me the whole bodyguard issue. It is just and excuse to complain."

"Lastly, I would like to touch base with how you seem to spit on Chicago. We're probably one of the more active cities to be honest with you. Offering more opportunity than New York ever could. Many new faces were brought to our streets and gave the chance to lead. Not to mention we're pretty outspoken on our opinions. Not many seem to be, which I do believe your own New Yorker was recently complaining about. Chicago is a grand city and the people in it are just as great. Not to mention other cities are too. I just happen to know more about my city than theirs. So no disrespect meant to them."

Nodding at her last statement she then smiled once again to end her response. Then made her way back to work, not bothering to listen to another word of a sour puss.

Report Post Tip

I'm not sour. It wasn't me that died.

I don't have much time, but I'll comment on what you've said Simplicity, simply. I'll skip to what I see as your bigger points. Yeah things would have been different if they were different, but they weren't. I don't see why you'd mention if the "tides" were different. 

I'm not sure how you couldn't have noticed New York, but I'll take your word for it. We might have laid low from you. 

As for that hero you brought up, yes, he took out that guy. However, he was not able to get his primary targets. Also, he was not the one that took the first shot, and Chicago had put him up on the hitlist along with that girl... two weeks prior. So tell me who threatened who first?

I'm not spitting on Chicago. I like some people there. There is leadership I like there. I'd name a list, but that might make others jealous. They know who they are. However, Chicago is not my only problem. It's a shame that Chicago is the only one that responded. I would have liked to talk to them.

Report Post Tip

To: LaszloKovacs
Sent: Jun 03, '11 21:52
Subject: hey

Its ok..

Hey u are not Hungaryian iam asking this because u have a 100 % Hungaryian name and iam a Hungaryian too that why i wanted to help ...but if u want to join the family in which iam and work together u know without making trouble whitin the family and respecting the rules u will receive from my leader or trough me 

plz think about this if u want to be free and u dont want family rules just dont accept the invitation i sent fro u ok ?

Talk to u latah Laszlo

Report Post Tip

"If you want to talk about friendships and alliances, why don't talk about being twofaced and creating lies among each other? And yet, that's exactly why there's a problem in the leadership. I don't think they care that their own allies are liars. It's about whatever is convenient. If you live behind a blindfold, and you have a good feel on your wallet, what's there to care about? So I could care less about so and so being friends with so and so. I care about so and so actually having some moral grounding to stop so and so from doing such and such and making a spaz of himself and perhaps hurting others in the process."  <---- Laughs hard at a New Yorker using the word alliances.

Sorry but I do find it highly funny and ridiculous. As what El Nino had said the girl you spoke of just sits back and takes the grand name of New York for granted in which the late Godfather TheDean had built from scratch and when I say from scratch its literally from scratch!

I may be late in responding to this long and uhmm a little bias speech of yours, but do please make your facts as facts.

Report Post Tip

You're not worth anyone's time. It's biased, and I admitted to that. What I've said has been factual; I don't think you actually know the facts so the fact that you bothered to comment on it makes you just seem ignorant. You don't know a thing about New York and it's leadership or even its alliances. Don't waste my time. I don't have much especially for people like you. Since, I'm pretty sure I know you Jade, I'm pretty disappointed you would bother. 

Report Post Tip

If you knew about me then you knew what I am talking about. You say that I am not worth anyone's time shrugs I don't need your time little one all I need is the time from my Godfather , Crewleader and my family members.

You are saying that I knew nothing about the leadership of New York, the same as you do not know how Roman deals with the other cities that you are saying are afraid of Chicago. I would love to say more but i'm sure when the time that you are touchable you will be dead and one of your son will resurrect , choose a family and rank again.

Laughs bitterly.

It's the same cycle all over again....all I can say is so long and farewell.

Report Post Tip

Aaaah, Laszlo. I remember when you were just a wee nipper, barely knee high to a grasshopper. I was good friends with your family, and it seems like only yesterday you were running around naked as the day you were born whilst Mildred tried to hold you down to put on your pants. Those were the glory days.

After any sort of major conflict, there are always one or two folks who deem it necessary to flock to the streets and vent their anger over the loss of loved ones, family members and friends. It's understandable, but often they conduct themselves in a manner clouded by emotion, and their words can leave a great deal to be desired. Although I find it refreshing to see you vocalise your thoughts with great eloquence, I am afraid that I have to disagree with what you say.

Chicago is a cracking place to be, and Roman is the overriding, nay, the only reason that the city has become what it is today. Sure, he's surrounded himself with good people to help him mould the city into what it now is, but he's the one that offers support, encouragement, leadership and all the other qualities necessary for the foundation of a successful business. I cannot stand idly by and let you words slide, for it is Roman and Chicago that have shaped me into the man I now am. He has been around for a while, and Chicago has been sitting pretty amongst the most powerful cities for some time now. New York was up there too, there's no denying it, and I respected a great many people there. Not just respected, but many of the fallen were amongst my closest friends. But business is business, and we all know that. Blood is thicker than water after all.

I am not going to lay into you directly Laszlo, that's not my style, and I appreciate how you may be feeling right now. What I will do though is say that regardless of how you may view Chicago from the outside, as someone who has been here since the beginning I can say that it's an extremely profitable place to be, and at the end of the day that's what everything boils down to; money.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Legere Ducem Nunc: On Picking a Leader Now
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL