Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 19 - 18:44:08
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Help us remove the “pizza” from the menu. Started by: DickTrick on Jul 24, '11 16:08

One of our members has a particular way with words.  He is a surrealist and thinks in abstract terms.  Despite this, he offers some cutting insight into the way that things are and the way that things could be.  The following is from a lecture he delivered in The Plumbers HQ;

It is important to find a suitable analogy and to then compare the world as it is now with the way that we want the world.  Many of us are of Italian extraction and pizza is very familiar to us.  Now, when you think of pizza, what do you think of?  A thin crust margarita perhaps?  With a topping of mushrooms, olives, some oil for the dressing, but most of all, you probably think of dripping, melted mozzarella and rich, lovely tomato sauce.  Maybe the venue for this pizza is a pizzeria, staffed by friendly Italian waiters, a homely Italian woman stirring the sauce and welcoming all and sundry into the restaurant that smells of fresh home cooking.

If we think of the 8 cities as being that restaurant, that homely place that is warm and inviting.  This is an apt and useful analogy.  Even when it is a hostile place, as some pizzerias can be from time to time, it still has fresh home cooking and expertly prepared pizza.  The expertly prepared pizza in this case is, obviously, the well-structured and organised families that populate the 8 cities/pizzeria.

Now imagine something that looks a bit like a pizza, is marketed as a pizza but just isn’t pizza.  What place does that have here, in this fine pizzeria?  This “pizza” has a base, like all pizzas do, but it is a French baguette, cut in half and toasted.  This “pizza” does have sauce, but it is made almost exclusively of tomato puree.  The topping of this “pizza” is English cheddar.  So, what we have, is a French bread pizza with tomato puree and English cheese.  The obvious question arises – is this “pizza” actually a pizza?  Leave that to one side and allow me to continue.

So, we have the homely pizzeria with the beautiful margarita done just how you like with the extra toppings.  But, alongside it, is the French bread “pizza”.  It’s obvious to everyone that the “pizza” is a pretender – it isn’t a pizza; it’s a “pizza”, made up of dysfunctional segments.  What is the equivalent of the “pizza”?  It is, of course, mafia families whose main aim is not business and honour, but killing and the levelling of cities. 

Once a person adopts this useful analogy, they can quite clearly see that The Plumbers speak a lot of sense and that our theories and methods of praxis are sound.  We need to keep out the “pizza” at all costs.  The “pizza” has a base, which we have seen, that is no good.  From the foundation up, it can’t, should not and, from now on, won’t be seen as a pizza.  As such, it should be removed from the menu.

Help us remove the “pizza” from the menu.

If you care about the pizzeria, have this tattooed somewhere prominent.

Report Post Tip

So you're saying that the Main pizzaria(s) has control over the smaller or younger pizzarias and all their pizza's?

Report Post Tip

I propose that if you are against this nonsense you should tattoo yourself with, "Help us eat the pizza, YUM!"

This is a very interesting "speach" that leaves me with a strange hunger.

BigEasy looks around for the nearest pizza.

Report Post Tip

The pizzeria is comprised of the Gods and the 8 cities.  The "pizza" is the pretender to the pizza throne.

We can't allow the "pizza" to become bigger than the pizza.  The "pizza" is the enemy of the pizzeria and of the pizza. 

Report Post Tip

<blockquote>We can't allow the "pizza" to become bigger than the pizza.  The "pizza" is the enemy of the pizzeria and of the pizza.</blockquote>

I feel like this is has to have meaning with Premeir and Roman. 

Report Post Tip

So who is the ''pizza''?

Report Post Tip

I believe it's safe to say I've never heard a speech that has made me want pizza more in my life than this one.

Quack joins BigEasy in the hunt for the nearest pizza.

Report Post Tip

The "pizza" will be worried - no-one wants any of the "pizza", they only want pizza.

Report Post Tip

Duke listens to the man speak about pizza. Since Duke is an Owner of a pizzeria, This is a perfect oppritunity to plug his business.

"All this pizza has given me the urge to sell them to you wonderful people of the 8 cities! Come on down... or up... or over to The Pizzeria in Chicago and if you mention "remove the PIzza from the Menu" you get a free pizza pie!"

Report Post Tip

*goes for a pizza at dukes

Report Post Tip

The only thing your latest "masterpiece" has achieved is to make me feel hungry. 

Your analogies make no sense and when someone has to resort to such a tactic implies that they lack substance. 

Either back up your statements and your claims or stop with the random bullshit. 

Perhaps, The Delusional would have been a better name than The Plumbers which is pretty awful name to begin with. 

Report Post Tip

JKL, you used quotations marks around the word masterpiece.  Could you show me where you got this quote from?

Or this this another case of your getting highly excited and kinda losing it?

Report Post Tip

Sarcasm reference, I am sorry if you did not get it. 

The only thing you do actually offer (without realising), is that rather than substantiate or back up any of your claims is to offer excuses. 

You make a claim which is then shot down, rather than backing it up or acting on it, you quickly move on to the next topic. 

If you were capable, you would have acted. Your reasoning that "your secret little group don't want to reveal themselves just yet" is a load of bullshit, because if you are not in a position to back up your claims, then why reveal yourself now, when all you are doing is spamming the streets with this crap. 

You have proven yourself to be armed with nothing more than the cock you hold in your hand. A little cock at that

Report Post Tip

Fuck, now I'm hungry for pizza.

Report Post Tip

JKL, another inaccurate quote.  Your lack of understanding of clearly written aims and evaluations isn't my concern.  You have shown yourself to be an embarrassing failure in debate.  I'll defer to your childish need to have the last word, though.  Go for it.

CM_Punk - make that a pizza, not a "pizza"

Report Post Tip

I hear Pizza is great.

Report Post Tip

I hear you're great too, Pizza.

Report Post Tip

Monet hobbles up, hearing all this talk of pizza. His old taste buds start to salivate. Oh man..does pizza sound good. 

He decides to stop over in New York for a piece of that famous pie. 

Report Post Tip

I happen to like French Bread Pizza, and it's made with pretty much the same ingredients except for the crust its built upon.

Oh, and thank you for another nonsense rambling Mr Kuklinski, your stupidity never ceases to amaze me.

Report Post Tip

I came here thinking it would be a PizzaTheHut appreciation talk. I'm bitterly disappointed.

Love live TheHut.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to:
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL