Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 29 - 08:00:14
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
The Motor City; Open Once Again Started by: AlabamaWorley on Aug 15, '11 08:48

Flanked by a small army of bodyguards, Alabama steps out of her car and approaches the crowd

Good day everyone. My time is precious at the moment, so you can rest assured I will keep this short. As most are no doubt aware I was recently given permission from Godfather Roman to move myself and my family over to Detroit. The move has gone well and we are starting to settle in. There have been some fantastic Godfathers running this city in recent times, I hope to someday do them justice and join those ranks.

There is much work to be done before things are as we would like them, however I thought I would take this moment to openly Welcome all visitors to my city and make it known that the re-building of Detroit is underway.

Alabama notices Klasky tapping his watch

Damn, that time already? Well, I guess this is even shorter than I expected! As soon as we have everything in the city under control I will be arranging for a party to celebrate our arrival, until then though there is far too much work to do.

So, watch this space folks, Detroit is open and waiting to Party, come on down!

Before leaving Alabama pins a note to a wall.. curious you approach it to read

I had to come all the way from the highway and byways of Tallahassee, Florida to MotorCity, Detroit to find my true love. If you gave me a million years to ponder, I would never have guessed that true romance and Detroit would ever go together. And til this day, the events that followed all still seems like a distant dream. But the dream was real and was to change our lives forever. I kept asking Clarence why our world seemed to be collapsing and things seemed to be getting so shitty. And he'd say, "that's the way it goes, but don't forget, it goes the other way too." That's the way romance is... Usually, that's the way it goes, but every once in awhile, it goes the other way too.

Report Post Tip

Dear Alabama,

You and my grandfather GiovanniTosco served together under The_JesTer (may God rest his soul) in Chicago. I was still very young at that time but I remember you two were good friends. My grandfather always spoke highly of you and on numerous occasions repeated that you are the person I can always trust and ask for help whenever I should need it. I myself have experienced nothing but the best from you. Today I'm both sad and happy. Sad to see you leave our city, taking with you those whom I consider close friends. Happy for you being given a lifetime opportunity of taking over the city of Detroit, as I believe you will do a great job here.

Thank you for the invitation, I will always visit The Motor City with greatest pleasure.

Report Post Tip

Congratulations boss-lady.

You've worked very hard in Chicago and it's great to see you given the opportunity to spread your wings into an empty city.

And if you need anything sorted, like coffee or cake, Klasky will always be on hand to tend to your every whim.

Report Post Tip

detroit is a tough bitch but i assure you if you treat her well shell treat you even better. heres to a long and successful reign to the worleys

Report Post Tip

Don Alabama, what an opportunity this is for you to prove your potentials, though you already have, in the city of Chicago. You have got all the qualities to be the best and  lead by example.

May this bring more and more Glory for you.

Report Post Tip

Gallifrey gives Alabama a huge hug before she disapears

Congratulations I have great confidance that you will bring great life to Detroit.

Report Post Tip

Id like to take the time to wish you and your family every success in these exciting new times

Report Post Tip

congratulations Alabama,

i hope detriot will prosper under your guidance.

Report Post Tip

Placing a firm hand on Spunktrumpet and listening intently to Alabama as she addressed the public, CaptainMidnight felt the pride swell within him, unable to contain his elation any longer he embraced Spunktrumpet and let out a loud guttural moan of pleasure. With his knees trembling and the perspiration now beginning to show, he stumbled forward and acknowledged the slightly aroused onlookers, catching Alabama’s eye as she was about to depart, blushing slightly he began to speak.

"You stand here before my very eyes as head of Detroit, the prestigious title of Godfather looming ever nearer and I couldn’t be more proud of everything you’ve achieved thus far, it’s a magnificent feat and something that all your peers and contemporaries undoubtedly recognise. It’s difficult to know where to begin with all the praise I wish to heap on you, the loyalty you’ve displayed not only to Chicago but to her allies is indisputable, you represent the fundamental values that Chicago has come to be known for, as a daughter of Chicago, a prodigy, nothing more can be asked of you, you‘ve done the city proud."

"The quality I admire most is the personal approach that you bring to your work, always endeavouring to help those that are in need of assistance, the levels of diplomacy you’re willing to extend to your fellow (wo)man are remarkable and these are things that can’t be feigned, they’re a natural ability and something of a rarity within our society. Detroit will flourish with your guidance and with the support of the family as a whole it’ll be impossible for you not to succeed."

"I look forward to the party but moreover I relish the tasks ahead, I consider myself extremely fortunate in the knowledge that I’ll be able to share in the experiences which await Detroit and that of the True Romantics."

Report Post Tip

WhereAmI looks around,

I swear these streets were in my father's and grandfather's pictues. Lots of places to get lost. I'm looking forward to working for you in Detroit, it's one hell of a city.

WhereAmI turns left at the end of the block, turns around to go back and say something else, but it's a different street. WhereAmI begins to wonder, how the hell did I get lost again...

Report Post Tip

I know I have expressed my feelings on your move both privately and publicly, but to follow suit with my trademark redundancy I'd like to once again say how happy I am for you Alabama. Anyone that has ever known you has had nothing but good to say of you. I recall reading the diary of an old ancestor of mine that went by the name of Drexl, who described the two of you as "practically related", which has often made me wonder if you and I are some sort of long lost cousins or something. Even the late CliffordWorley (GRHS) one night while educating me on the history of Sicilians said you "taste like a peach", which is a nice thing to say about somebody

I'll enjoy watching you rise to the top of the food chain in DT Alabama. If here has been anything missing in This Thing of Ours, it's another cross-dressing Godfather. I look forward to seeing you one day fill that void. Salut my Friend

Report Post Tip

Our bloodlines have worked together a few times and i am pleased to see you get this chance. You worked your socks off in Chicago. I am sure you will be a huge success in Detroit and look forward to seeing the city grow and prosper.

Cruel smiles at Alabama and heads back to his seat

Report Post Tip

Before Alabama enters the vehicle, Klasky could not help himself but give her a huge hug. Not as much as the assault by CaptainMidnight on the curiously named Spunktrumpet, but a huge loving hug all the same.

I cannot emphasive enough the enormous pleasure and pride I have seeing you given this opportunity, already I see a few old faces around the HQ ready to give thier support to the True Romantics. You quite simply do not know how to fail, Old Clarence woul dbe proud as punch, I wonder where that bloody cretin is?

Opens the door of the car for Don Alabama of Detroit, before tappin gthe roof and watches as the army of cars leaves for the motor city, hoping into his own vehicle, he follows the mass convoy.

Report Post Tip

Congratz alabama knew you'd do well mate

Report Post Tip

Hearty congratulations Alabama. This is truly well deserved and I know that Detroit will fluorish under your guiding hand.

Long life and prosperity my friend.

Report Post Tip

I'd like to echo what everyone else has said and congratulate you on your deserved reward for all the hard work that you've put in for the betterment of Chicago. Detroit couldn't have been placed in better hands.

Congrats!

Report Post Tip

Simplicity quickly walked down the sidewalk towards the speech that Alabama was giving to the crowd. She was doing her best not to run, which made it look like she was somewhat skipping along. Finally making it, Simplicity made her way through the crowd and to the front. Flashing a huge smile to Alabama she hugged the fine lady after her speech was done. 

"You have earned this chance to shine. I'm so proud of you and wish you more than what luck can give. I can't wait to see what you will do and how the Motor City will flourish now that you are in control. I will miss you dearly from our home Chicago, but Detroit isn't too far so I'll be sure to visit often!"

Kissing her cheek, Simplicity then bowed her head before backing into the crowd to let others speak. A small tear ran down her face as it would be hard to no longer have Alabama close, but she could handle it. 

Report Post Tip

As AlabamaWorley steps out of the car, Grif's heart sinks. There she is, standing tall with a face full of authority. There was something about the woman that just caught his eyes. Nervously, he walks up to her before she had a chance to get away.

Congratulations. I've been watching you for a long time... not like stalking you or anything. I'm certain that you will do great things for the city and I wish you the best of luck. With that said, I too have come to Detroit to find my true love.. and here you are. You call yourself a True Romantic. Well I'd like to consider myself to be a true romantic as well. 

As sweat pours down Grifs face because of his nerves, he raises his shaking arm for his pocket and pulls out a jewelry box. He opens it up and drops to one knee.

Alabama, from the moment I first put my hands in your pants to pickpocket you, I knew you were a keeper.  Whenever you're around to join one of my crimes, I get so excited. Is it wrong for me to hope that we fail it and be thrown in jail together? When I see you in the  coffee shops, I hide in the corner because I couldn't risk making myself look like a fool but no more! I come to these streets to confess my love for you.

Gasps and a small bit of laughter is heard from the surrounding crowd.

Will you marry me?

Report Post Tip

I wish you the best in your new city. I have known you for quite some time. You have been a wonderful friend to me in the past and will most likely continue to be in the future. I look forward to our friendship growing even more.

Report Post Tip

Alabama stops as Grif goes down on one knee

Grif, dear. I warned you my erm, services, were casual. I can't commit to my "clients". My answer remains the same as it did the previous two times that you've sprung this question on me - convert to Team Blue, and i'll give it serious thought. Without this show of dedication, my answer will always remain no.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Motor City; Open Once Again
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL