Get Timers Now!
X

May 29 - 08:56:01
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
How to Fix BGs. Started by: CM_Punk on Sep 16, '11 20:58

Step 1: Change BGs to have 500 HP and increase the chance of intervening on a Wackback.
Step 2: Change BGs to be 10x more expensive than they are now.
Step 3: Divide every player's current number of BGs by 10, rounding down.
Step 4: Set the BG cap at 50. If, after being divided by 10, you would have more than 50 BGs you remain capped at 50 BGs and get the shiny happy satisfaction that, I dunno, you're awesome or something.

Will you like it? No. Will it be painful? Yes. Will it be equitable to every single player on the game? Yes.

Done and done.

Report Post Tip

Love it.

Report Post Tip

Sadly this ain't facebook or I'd be lazy and just like this.

But no I have to type here, but yeah my point this is a pretty sweet idea :)

Report Post Tip

I like the part about making BGs way stronger and way more expensive. Just so the numbers are a bit more logical.

The number of BGs SHOULD be capped just for RP reasons, but their HP and eficiency, well, a human being can always become better and stronger, so I wish we were discussing HPs, not BGs.

Report Post Tip

Honestly, I feel like that would just make it more impossible to purchase outside of a "CL buying for a hitter" scenario. If a normal player outside of the hitting realm of the crew wanted a BG, they would have to cut their tribute 100% and earn A LOT more than right now just to even get close to buying one. Essentially, this puts all the power of BG-buying in the hands of CLs and Godfathers.

If this were implemented, I'd need 47,500,000 for a BG (as a Wise Guy). I WANT to try to work for a BG, but $47 MILLION is FAR from the answer. Then even the hardest-working character can't get his own protection. Outside the "CL buying for hitter" scenario, this is unrealistic and impossible.

The ONLY way I'd support this is if BGs got progressively more expensive as they were purchased. They start standard price, but escalate in price as you buy more. That way, buying your own protection isn't goddamn impossible.

Report Post Tip

The problem isn't really the health or price of BG's. It is the amount you are able to buy and also being able to demote players to get BG's.

So raising the price by 10x the current price is just ridiculous. You can't expect people to pay that much. 

I do agree with capping them at 50 and cutting everyone's down to make it fit into that cap. But that would anger many because of the amount they spent on those BG's. So raising the health would be a way to help make them feel better about it. But still people would be angry about it.

Also, the main reason people are unhappy with BG's and why the amounts are getting out of hand is due to the ability to demote your members to buy the BG's cheap. That is the big problem. 

We need to come up with solutions to all these problems. But that is virtually impossible to do without angering a large amount of people.

Some would say to screw them and make the changes to level the playing field. But you can't just do that. Some would say lets do a reset, but that would piss off a lot of people for their hard work. 

But one flaw with all of this is that if you lower all the BG amounts. You will leave all those giant guns out there and the kills will be so much easier for them.

So while lowering the BG amounts would be nice, then you would also have to lower people's amounts of kills equally. And that would also piss people off when it comes to all their hard work.

So in the end you make some great suggestions and you have good ideas but they don't all fit together and there are many more factors you need to think about.

Report Post Tip

i agree with capping the bg to a lwoer maoutn but make them stronger. it's more realistic. for the cost of bg etc, can always be adjusted

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: How to Fix BGs.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL