Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 19:40:12
Page:  1 
As The Pig Sees It - Back by Popular Demand Started by: FlyingPig on Sep 28, '07 07:10
Who wants to be the next brutal tyrant?

Just about everyone it seems. Funny how people can preach peace and coexistence, but those pacifist genes don't get passed down to their children or grandchildren. Actually, it's not so funny, it's to be expected. It's much easier to condemn the powerful when you aren't one of them, but if that power is within your grasp, a sudden change of attitude and perspective occurs.

I think it's great. Very often the tards of our cities need to be reminded that we are in the mafia (as if they had amnesia and thought they were hot dog vendors or some shit). Now they are actually starting to act like it. The pursuit of money and power is what this life is all about, by any means necessary.

However...

You aren't going to get it by running out in the streets, guns a'blazin, shooting and killing anything in your path, before you have the sort of superiority and power necessary to impose your will on the rest of the families. Trying to become the next top dog involves more than superior firepower, at least during the formation stages.

Here is what I see, and I could be way off, because these days I'm more concerned about chasing tail and shooting up drugs than paying attention to the scheming of the gang leaders. I see leaders without much experience in that position trying to imitate certain greats leaders of the past by using war to gain power. Certainly, legendary men like Piggeh, Ulysses, MartyGoldstein and a few other less handsome people were not hesitant to use brutality to cement themselves into a position of power, but timing is everything. Getting your "ducks in a row" first is essential, if you wish to hold that position after the bloodshed. That is what is missing at the moment.

So...you want to go out and claim your power by killing others. Great. But what happens then is you put a target on your head. Suddenly, you are the obstacle to be removed by the next leader with a similar strategy to your own, and right now it seems everyone is using the same strategy. This has resulted in a circular pattern of existence for us all, and we aren't moving forward. Today's killer will be tomorrow's victim. Power is too evenly divided at the moment for one leader to emerge unscathed from a system of power politics. My advice? As I said, get your ducks in a row, train your family, wait for them to rank up a bit, and then make your move. Don't ejaculate prematurely, or you'll be dead tomorrow, just as we have seen happening repeatedly.

Alternatively, you could send me all your money so I can buy a shitload of bodyguards, rank up, and take over the six cities. Then we will all be living in a fairy tale land of mafia utopia. You know you want it.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
I totally agree with you, But you have to admit, It is fun watching everyone try.
Report Post Tip
Of course.

It's always funny when people die.
Report Post Tip
Are you accepting my proposal for being partners in Crime FlyingPig?
Report Post Tip
That depends on what being your partner involves. If it involves sheep, rubber boots, and velcro gloves, then I'm in.
Report Post Tip
You two could be like Pigs on the Wing.
Report Post Tip
There are secret messages among all posts.

Be aware.

Be vigilant.

Believe.

(puts on his tin-foil hat)

So...you want to go out and claim your power by killing others. Great. But what happens then is you *put a target* on your head. Suddenly, you are the obstacle to be removed by the next leader with a similar strategy to your own *,* and right now it seems everyone is using the same strategy. This has resulted in *a circular pattern* of existence for us all*,* and we aren't moving forward. Today's killer will be tomorrow's victim. Power is too evenly divided at the moment for *on*e leader to emerge unscathed from *a* system of power politics. My advice? As I said, get your

*duck*s in a row, train your family, wait for them to rank up a bit, *and then* make your move. Don't *ejaculate* prematurely, or you'll be dead tomorrow, just as we have seen happening *repeatedly.*

*put a target**,**a circular pattern**on**a**duck**and then**ejaculate**repeatedly.*

put a target, a circular pattern, on a duck and then ejaculate repeatedly.

O_O

Uhhh...

/me takes off the tinfoil hat and slowly backs away from the encrypted message.
Report Post Tip
Damn you, Tad O'Connor. Damn you right to hell.

Maybe you should retire from the mafia and become an exposee reporter for a tabloid.
Report Post Tip
To what you have said flyingpig i will add this...

First I qoute you, "The pursuit of money and power is what this life is all about, by any means necessary.", this view is what I believe is a bit short sighted. Where is the honor and respect in all of this. Have the common mafioso forgotten his outh, not only to the family but also the community and the rules which we live by. I will not qoute omerta like some would, seeming it is a code of silence. No I talk about the honor in becoming a great mafioso, and creating a respactable name known for other things then just mindless blood... By making others rich and strong, I believe oneself also can accieve this...

For future dealing I urge every mafioso to THINK before acting... Take a couple of minutes to let the idea absorbe... be smart and consider all possible outcomes... Remember at the end of the day... ALL we have is our word and HONOR! Live by it and one day your name might be respected...
Report Post Tip
Nobody listen to Otho. he is drunk today. and thinks he is someone who he isn't.
Report Post Tip
One does not get drunk after 10 beers... So take that back...
Report Post Tip
What it all really boils down to is acting with the information that's available in a manner that will best ensure the preservation of your family. As you've said, this is the Mafia. Your family line certainly knows that the best course of action is not always preferable and that sometimes it's necessary to go against what you would do in an alternate environment.
Report Post Tip
Sidles up to the poster, pauses, and adds his offering....

If I can hark back to a poster of your Fathers sir.

What you seem to be suggesting here, in the most part at least, is that keeping a low profile is the most beneficial course of action in the long term with things they are?

Quite the turnaround from your Fathers way of thinking. Good to see you have realised and understand the semantics of the "best" course of action.

Tad's offering was also acceptable.

Tips his hat..
Report Post Tip
I don't see where I even implied that keeping a low profile was the best course of action. All I said was that it was foolish to try to get to the top using force before you are ready and capable of sustaining your position after making yourself a target.

"Keeping a low profile", by my definition, means not participating in street activity or trying to do anything with your leadership responsibilities. That is a completely separate issue from this discussion.

Also, I am going to kill you for disagreeing with me.
Report Post Tip
Hmmm, maybe my perception of keeping a low profile is somewhat different to yours. I drew the conclusion that you were aiming your weekly ramblings at the current strategies being taken by the gang leaders in our cities.

One can surely keep a low profile and still grace these fine streets of ours from time to time, adding 10 cents worth and the such?

I totally understood your point of view, and got a little bit of elaboration out of you in the process of assuming meaning in my original 10 cents worth.

"Also, I am going to kill you for disagreeing with me."

Would you like to join? I will even fly out of NY before I sleep for you to give you a better shot.
Report Post Tip
I agree with you on this matter FP, but there are certain times in the mafia world when one has to fight. What may seam like guns a'blazing to some might actually be a well calculated needed attack on one family or another that was needed for reasons that have not been given out to the general public.

Granted though, in the last few days I have seen several wars, and just as many if not more crew leaders go up and down. This all has to do with the eat or be eaten way of thinking that is possessing the men in most of our cities, and conjunctively will most likely have to run its coarse like a bad cold before we can overcome it to solidify some means of structure in the 6 cities.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: As The Pig Sees It - Back by Popular Demand
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL