Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 30 - 21:46:36
Page:  1 
Raw Data: Each CL's Original Street Speeches Started by: PierceReins on Oct 09, '11 14:24

In order of the crew list. Just the facts, ma'm.

BobTheAstronaut: 0
Furby: 2
Jade: 1 (Crew Announcement)
MrBrick: 1 (Crew Announcement)
Mrs-Doubtfire: 1 (Crew Announcement)
Roman: 42
SexyBeast: 2
SpuffWaffle: 1 (Crew Announcement)
_Isacaron_: 1 (Crew Announcement)
AlabamaWorley: 3
JessicaRabbit: 0
Spunktrumpet: 2
Andrew_Paxton: 4
Bjorn: 1 (Crew Announcement)
Canucklehead: 0
Chade: 7
JimmyNapoli: 2
Kimble: 4
SalvatoreMarazano: 2
Stamina: 1 (Crew Announcement)
-Premeir: 7
Absolut: 1 (Crew Announcement)
Cadoras: 1 (Crew Announcement)
Duke: 2
LoveGun: 9
Meresin: 1
Stallion: 6
Cassi: 5
PARISo: 1 (Crew Announcement)
Batman: 1 (Crew Announcement)
Hound: 2
JewishJake: 3
SuperX: 2

Report Post Tip

Daisuke is running along the roofs of the city when he hears a man talking. As he gets closer he can hear the raw data being spewed. He jumps down from the roof of a low hanging building and walks to the crowd. He listens till he finished and Daisuke thinks aloud

As stated in the Chuckle speech, this just signifies the lack of approach of more than half of the "leadership" that are graced in these shores. This is rather conclusive to the effect to the leaders posting in the streets. Regardless if they don't share a presence here, if they are leading their families and showing their Godfather their leadership capabilities then that is rather fine in my opinion. Yes more active speeches by some Anonymous leaders would highly increase the morale of certain cities, whereas in others it would rather remain the same as their leaders are expressing their presence rather broadly. I can only hope we can all move forward and be the best we all can be in or out of the streets.

Daisuke gives a curt bow and begins to scale a brick house, his presence almost seeming a silhouette in the night sky.

Report Post Tip

Walking through the streets, Stamina's ears prick up as he hears a somewhat familiar sound echoing around. Looking about, he looks in the direction of PierceReins who he identifies as the source

I'd like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with this data, I presume you're trying to show us something which has been highlighted many times before now in more creative ways?

I get it, you're obviously wanting more street presence from the leaders. I think most people would, but the emphasis shouldn't just be on those currently wearing a bold suit. I speak to my members on a daily basis and look out for their needs before anything else. I speak to the people in my city and ensure they're looked after as well as I can.

Coming here with little more than a few numbers just shows that there is little creativity from other members, who are happy to criticize but not actually contribute a great deal themselves.

Stamina nods to his 'guard, Vitaly, walking away into the shadows as he thinks to himself...

Report Post Tip

Tony walks out of his favorite bakery, box of fresh doughnuts in tow. He follows his routine Sunday stroll towards the center of town when he hears names and numbers being read off. Thinking it might be some sort of list of prize winners he stops and listens to the man finish before realizing what's being read out and steps forward

Ahem, I do get the point. I think we all get the point. However good sir if you're trying to define leadership ability off of a mere street presence you are barking up the wrong tree. There are many things that make a leader great, street presence can be one, charisma if you will, a way with words. But it also is not required that these folk come to the streets spewing nonsense from their mouths. A great leader speaks when he has to, lets the actions and success oftheir family do the talking.

Tony graciously tips his hat, nods his head to the rest who has gathered around and makes his way back home with his breakfast

Report Post Tip

DanK pops onto the street and opens his little black book and starts to speak

PierceReins, nearly 45 days old, 68 messages sent in his life time. Just 1 street speech, this one, and 10 responses, non ,of which I recall or find, so must likely within the HQ or Bar District. Whilst I understand where you are coming from, Pierce, it is not just the leaders who should be trying to be more active in the streets, it is us as well. It is a bit of the pot calling the kettle black. Hopefully now that you have built up the confidence to speak on the street, you might return again sooner rather then later.

To address the point rather then being a pedantic asshole (I learnt from Chuckle!), Do I think leaders need to be more active in the street? We it is a 2 part issue:

1) Leaders should lead the way. They should be working to promote street speaking. However, this does not mean that they need to be in the streets 61,320. There are other ways they can do this, rather then visiting the streets themselves. encouraging their members to open up Bars, and encourage their members to visit them. Set up small groups who stalk the streets, promoting debate, having fun, criming with each other, sparking debate. These are just two quick ideas which do not even make the leaders come to the streets. But they should be looking to promote this. Alongside this, yes, leaders should perhaps have a stronger street presence. However, this leads me onto point 2;

2) A leaders job is to lead and protect their family. Now it is a busy full time job. Surely you would rather your leader be working hard to keep you alive, then visiting the streets to get involved in mindless small talk? alongside this, street speaking out of turn gives people the excuse to pull the trigger. If the leaders job is to keep you safe, it is often not in their best interest to be on the streets 61,320. They are better off keeping their own counsel. Keeping their own thoughts to themselves, or to those within their inner circle. Who if need be then share the leaders thoughts. It is a tough balancing act between the 2, ie, not being anonymous, and being a loudmouth!

As a final point, the majority of time in history, a leader comes to the street for important issues. To address policy changes. To announce auths. To discuss rogues. To explain actions. To declare war. To look down a city. Over the past 4 months, there has been very little going on. We have been stable. There have been very few major incidents where we have required a leader to explain what is happening, so therefore we must expect them to be a bit quieter.

In summary, yes leaders could be more active in the streets, themselves and through promoting it within their families. But ultimately, it comes down to us, the common mafioso, to be the street presence. Hopefully Pierce, from this day onwards, now you have broken your duck, we will see you here more, and others will follow.

DanK

Report Post Tip

ahhh the old cliche about leaders not been active in the streets. Always a nice topic to come up.

Well i would love to see those in bold coming out to the streets making their presence felt and keeping up appearances. However i am in two minds to this now. A crewleader is a very busy man...apparantly. If he wants something done well, thats what his hands and made men are for. Why should he/her/stamina have to come to the streets preaching, especially if there is nothing worth talking about? That would be pointless and wouldn't gain much attention anwyay so leave them to concentrate on the more important matters.

It's not always about an active leader joining in on the streets, apart from maybe our own crews we dont know what goes on behind closed doors. At the same time i admit that it is nice to see our bold friends coming out interacting and speaking their mind, mostly when there is something hot to talk about raging in the streets. Like Chuckle's speech, only a couple of leaders have got involved which is quite sad but it is something we have unfortunately come to expect. It could also point to the fact that people are too scared to speak in the streets. Again, that sucks.

There is too much control over the streets, not enough balls.

Report Post Tip

so whats your point for this? to state how ianctive the leaders are in the streets? not having much original street speeches doesnt mean they do not voice out or do not communicate in any other ways. Also, we are human, remember that

Report Post Tip

"I presume you're trying to show us something which has been highlighted many times before now in more creative ways?"

Precisely.

Regarding two generic responses.

"Hey, I do lots of other things."

All leaders do lots of other things. My understanding is that the men and women in bold should be the best of the best and have some sort of public reputation in this thing of ours.

"Hey, I don't see YOU out here."

You're right. I'm a lazy, anonymous asshole. But I'm not wearing a bold suit. Some NPMish prick like me is not expected to be a model for the community. If you wear a bold suit you are, whether you like it or not, held up as an exemplary model. What, then, shall the masses aspire to? If you feel embarrassed or angry by this data, perhaps you should reflect on the cause your reaction.

To be perfectly honest, I wish I had the time to couch this in a more passionate argument. But alas, my business elsewhere is rather pressing and I had about 20 minutes free on a Sunday morning. So I decided to present raw data to let others draw their own conclusions. A bit lazy and incomplete? Sure. The sad thing is that this lazy bit of speaking is more than almost half of the current leaders have done.

Societies crumble when high standards are abandoned.

Report Post Tip

Really don't see what you hoped this would achieve?

All you've shown is the times a leader has came out and started something. That doesn't quantify their street presence at all. Not one bit. Sure, you can say those people, of which I include myself, lack the creativity to start a topic. But do you wonder why? Most leaders you see before you are from bloodlines that have been there, said it and done it all before. Thus resulting in these people not having the stomach to begin the same old debates.

Personally speaking, I contribute to as many speeches I can. There are many leaders I know that do this also. Whether you see this happening or not I couldn't give a fuck to be honest.

Report Post Tip

Sweeney was skipping along after a tough day in the city. He goes down a street. A little pile is starting up in the mid streets. He decides to come. But, quite sadden that it was just a Crew Leader speaking count. How stupid he thought to himself. But, until he gotten to hear DanK talk. He agree on some points. Which made Sweeney wonder! Really wonder. Then, the wondering got to him. He decides to go get a hot dog and come back while Alabama was talking. After finising his hot dog; he speaks.

The way of how over the 7-8 months, I been apart of two different cities. And, four different crews. I found that speaking in the streets was a HUGE thing to do in this thing of ours. But, why our Crew Leader, RHM, LHM don't have too that often? Well it can be a two way road. Nothing to gain or lose from speaking with a Crew Leader. He/she already proved that they were dominate. No point really. Personally, I don't think Crew Leaders should worry about anything in the streets unless it about them or a war or something! A Crew Leader should just stay to themselves and help out there crew. While there members prove who they are into the streets. That's really how you get notice, right? The streets. SO SPEAK my friends. While the Crew Leaders don't really need to. It's a pointless stat you put up Pierce. Really pointless...

Report Post Tip

I actually thank the zeros.  I could do without this:

New CL: (steps on a soapbox in the middle of a street) Hello.  (kisses ass of the guy who authed him)  Thanks for coming.  I'm excited for this opportunity.

Minion: Congrats!

Minion 2: I can't wait to see what you'll do in Whatever City.  (but they really can wait)

Minion 3: Stupid inside joke!

Minion 4: Stupid flirty inside joke about some girl they want to get naked.

The girl they want to get naked: Lulz.  You are naughty!

Minion 5: If you ever need anything let me know.  (they won't need anything, and he knows this, which is why he said it)

Report Post Tip

You're welcome Vasily. I did that shit (or didn't do it) specifically for you.

As I said before, it doesn't make much sense for me to come out here to the streets and proclaim what I now am or what I'm now not. Doesn't make sense for me to send congratulations in the streets to the people who do it either. The people who need to know me eventually will and my opinion will be known when I see fit, like so. These type of dealings are behind closed doors and nothing but whispers in the streets.

I've heard moaning, groaning and just flat out bitching about this. So, it's all I felt the need to address.

Report Post Tip

Hound's ears perk up and sees yet another list he has made with his keen senses

Holy Shit! I made one solo list..... NICE!, I guess you can see my thoughts on this shit.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Raw Data: Each CL's Original Street Speeches
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL