Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 01:01:14
Page:  1 
Take Me To the Farm Started by: JosephinaSantoro on Aug 22, '23 17:48

"Miss Santoro?"

Jo bristled a little, having not heard someone use her name that she hadn't given it to in quite a long time. Slowly, she turned away from the door to the gym and found herself face to face with two men in suits. Ok, cops. But why? She had no ties to anything her family had been into, and they were long gone. She raised one eyebrow cautiously.

"Yeah, but how about you drop the 'Miss" crap and stick with Jo. What can I do for you?"

She wasn't rude, but she wasn't going to be overly polite, either.

One of the two, predictably, lifted a bi-fold leather wallet that contained a badge and an ID of some kind- but it wasn't a police badge. It was out of sight again before Jo could get a better look.

"I'm Bill Grannert, and this is my partner, Ed Wetherington. Do you have a minute to talk with us?"

Oh- Feds. Wonderful. Jo sighed and held up a hand.

"Look, my folks have been dead for almost three years, and you FBI boys cleared me of any connection with what they used to do a few months after that. So, if you don't mind- and I say this with all due respect- maybe just leave me alone?"

Jo started to turn back to the door, but Bill stopped her.

"We're not from the FBI. Please, I would rather talk in private. I assure you that you're not in any trouble. This doesn't actually have anything to do with your parents. Let's have some coffee- we'll explain it."

She eyed the two closely. Neither of them were carrying. That was odd. But, aside from cutting into her ring time, it didn't look like they were going to be much trouble.

"Alright. You've got five minutes to keep me interested."

Bill smiled politely and gestured to the coffee shop across the street.

Six minutes later, Jo hadn't even touched her coffee. She was sitting upright in her seat at the table, looking back and forth between Bill and Ed.

"Christ, you're serious, aren't you? I mean, no shit?"

Ed let out a chuckle.

"Yeah, that's what I said when they asked me, too. But it's all right there- numbers and everything. Though, I'm pretty sure you're not too worried about that part."

Jo shot him a sideways look.

"Just how much of a file do you boys have on me?"

"Enough." said Bill. 

Jo sat back and looked over the packet of papers that they'd handed to her. This was all a little insane, but then again, it had been nearly two years since her Mom had died, and nearly three weeks since arriving back in the U.S. and she still had no idea what the hell she was doing with her life. She sighed again, dropping the documents on the table.

"Can I have some time to think about it?"

"Sure," said Bill  "you can have a whole five minutes. Flight leaves for Baltimore in two hours."

Jo's eyes widened momentarily.

"Well damn, you guys aren't much for foreplay, are you?"

Ed spit coffee onto his tie and grabbed for a handful of napkins.

"Fine. As you can see, I don't have a lot else going on. Screw it."

Ed glanced over to Bill, still dabbing at the front of his shirt.

"Director Benning is going to have a field day with this one."

Jo Santoro didn't make it to the gym that day. 

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $140,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Take Me To the Farm
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL