Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 11:07:28
Page:  1 
Aloysius FinIty Murphy Part 1 Started by: FinIty on Sep 12, '23 22:18

I won’t hold you long. Today is just about my first day off the boat…

I came from Auld Sod, the motherland. We called it home but most of you call it Ireland. I’m still working on my accent so forgive me any pardon you may spare.

No one ever called me anything other than Aloysius my entire life. Never gave anyone a reason to, until I got off that boat. Looking back I would've never imagined how my life would change... 

A burly man wearing nothing more than rags stood on the pier. Ringing a large brass bell and shouting for all to hear, “Honest work for honest pay head on down the O’brian way!”

I came to America fresh. No family, friends, money, or direction. So, this seemed like just a fine way to start my new life. I’m no stranger to honest work as I’ve known it for most of my life. When there was work to get I had my full back home. As I took the first corner in the direction the man sent me I walked into the arms of three men waiting. 

“What do we have here” The largest and clear leader of the three men said as he grasped his fists and stepped towards me. 

I couldn’t exactly run, the other two had me by the shoulders, one on each side. So I did the only other thing I could. I swung both fists as hard as I could to the groin of the men holding me. A low blow but I was outnumbered and a fair fight wasn’t something I would walk away from. Both men dropped to the ground and I started to run…

“If I ever see you ever again you are DEAD!” The leader shouted as I ran but I didn’t make it far. 

On the other side of the street was a man in the back of the nicest car I’d ever seen. I would have stopped to admire it but I had more pressing matters…or so I thought. I would get my opportunity to admire the car as much as I wanted, up close and personal. The largest man I’ve ever seen moved faster than any other man I’ve and popped out from behind the car and grabbed me quick and firm before I could even process what was happening. 

“I saw what you did, kid. I’ve got some work for you and it’s not the kind of offer you can say no to.”

Tommy held up his fists, “All you got is findidities…”

As he spoke, the world started to turn black and my vision narrowed. I saw his lips moving but the words became less and less clear…When I woke up I wasn’t sure where I was and an unknown man just kept saying, “Hey! What's your name kid?” 

All I could think about was the last words I heard from the man in the car. What was he saying? Infinity? Final identify? I just kept mumbling possible word combinations trying to identify what exactly the man said paying no attention to what was happening in front of me. The unknown man got on the phone and said, “He just keeps mumbling ‘FinIty’ boss”

And now happenstance has determined what everyone calls me. It could be a lot worse because Tommy eventually shared that he wanted to call me ‘BallBlaster’ at first. This is just the first few moments of my life off the boat and I hope to be here more frequently sharing these stories for anyone who cares to listen. 

Report Post Tips: 12 / Total: $300,000 Tip

Tommy remembers the day fondly. Catching strays from the docks being one of his favorite past times since taking up his role as Right Hand Man. 

I knew the way FinIty handled those goons would impress the boss. Any person willing to take the world by the balls, even at the end of a swift knee was going to fit in. 

With a firm hand I guided FinIty into the waiting car, and told the driver to take us to Arkham Asylum HQ to meet the boss. 

Passing him a lit cigar I remarked, "keep up the good work kid, there's a world of opportunity out there for those willing to take it". 

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip

How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL