Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 11:52:09
Page:  1 
L.A. Kosher Nostra Started by: JewishJake on Sep 25, '23 22:37

As the sun beat down on the pavement in the golden state, JewishJake would exit a building that was too familiar to him. A local eatery frequented by Jewish immigrants. Bruce_Lee pulled the door open, greeting him with a smile. 

"Oh, Bruce! You've just got to come inside next time! The Matzoh ball soup is just to die for."

JewishJake spoke with the confidence of a full stomach, as he walked through the open door and made way toward their Lincoln L parked behind the building. Bruce_Lee swung open the passenger door, motioning for JewishJake to climb in.

"You've got something here, Jake."

Bruce spoke casually between the two of them. He handed him a neatly folded note, watching as his friend quickly worked out the creases as his eyes trailed across the pages.

"Get in the car, Bruce."

JewishJake spoke in a tone that would indicate he had just received urgent orders.

With haste Bruce_Lee pushed the door shut and jumped into the driver's seat. Upon starting the engine of the car, he nervously glanced over to JewishJake who was still fixated on the note.

"Where to?"

Bruce_Lee asked in a puzzled tone.

JewishJake would turn and reveal the note to Bruce_Lee, his index finger landed on an address. Bruce_Lee would nod in acknowledgement and immedietly pull the vehicle out of the parking spot.

"Jake..?"

Bruce_Lee asked almost expectedly, the words escaping his mouth without even thinking.

"I don't know."

JewishJake said, almost before Bruce_Lee could even begin to question the situation.

Bruce_Lee knew better than to press the issue, he had already seen how business could take place at a moments notice. He would silently nod and focus on the task. Both men would sit in silence as they made their way to the destination in question. Passing through San Rafael Heights and neighboring developmental projects, they neared the heart of their families territory in Pasedena. Bruce_Lee brought the vehicle to a stop, just outside the gate to an otherwise unassuming office complex. JewishJake broke the silence, his voice calm and direct.

"Keep it runnin' Bruce."

JewishJake would exit the vehicle and begin up the stairs, two large suited men allowed him entrance without a word. He knew exactly where to go, down the stairs and to the left. Upon pushing the door open, his eyes we're drawn to the center table. Chairs assorted in a circle, the men all carried an imposing and foreboding presence.

"I came as soon as I could." 

JewishJake said stepping forward, the cast of characters with all their eyes on him. From left to right, SpaceCowboy "Godfather of Los Angeles" Giraffe, "Don of Pasedena" flanked by his most trusted TM-Scarface. The three men sat at the table, an assortment of beverage and contraband lined the table. This was no usual occasion.

Another man, sat slumped in the corner. His suit tailored and neatly fitted, despite his disposition. A strong stench of alcohol eminating from this individual. This was Gin "Don of Hollywood."

"Take a seat, Jake." 

The tension in the room was palpable, a sense of uncertainy in the gut of JewishJake. He took a seat across from the men. Giraffe snapped his fingers and TM-Scarface would brandish a bottle of Manischewitz.

"Today is a big day, my friend. You've been a loyal confidant to our family. In our line of work, one of the most important things you can learn is respect. This not only includes respect for other people, but respect for yourself. It is my pleasure to call this meeting with Godfather SpaceCowboy and Don Gin as witness."

TM-Scarface would arrange four empty shot glasses around the table. Just as he began to pour, the sound of rushing liquid brought Gin to life.

"It's time for a drink! Not a moment too soon!"

Gin belted out, seemingly coming to life in an instant as he stumbled over to the table and found his seat.

As TM-Scarface finished pouring, the smell of Jewish wine filled the room. In that moment, SpaceCowboy reached into his pocket.

"You've served the city of angels faithfully, your unwavering loyalty to this thing of ours is without question. I have no doubt in my mind that you'll do great things. You simply need an opportunity to show this city what you're made of."

SpaceCowboy smiled and revealed a set of keys and laid them on the table in front of JewishJake.

"The families of Los Angeles have givin' you their blessing JewishJake. Take the lessons you've learned from us and create your own lasting mark on this city."

The dread inside JewishJake turning to jubilation, nodding his head, he would motion to grab the keys. Giraffe would put his hand up to stop him.

"Not so fast, Jake. While we are giving you this opportunity, it comes with a caveat. You've to make the decision of whom will represent you best, you will do just as all of us have done in the past in this thing of ours. I advise you choose your most trusted just as I have done."

Giraffe motioned to TM-Scarface on his right. After a brief silence the three men would exclaim at the same time in unison. 

"Mazel tov!" 

All four men would down their respective shot glasses at the same time. Gin burping loudly.

"Another!" 

Gin demanded as TM-Scarface would pour another and this time the four men would all exclaim together.

"Mazel tov!"

few more drinks would come and go. JewishJake would bid them farewell and exit the headquarters, heading down the steps. His mind was racing, all of the anxiety turning to pride.

"..Sir?"

Bruce_Lee asked, noting the look of joy on JewishJake's face.

"We've got big things ahead of us, Bruce. Hit this spot, UncleSam will meet us there."

JewishJake said, his voice unable to mask his excitement. He handed Bruce an address and instructed him to drive.

Bruce_Lee was curious, yet knew not to ask questions. They drove across town, back over the train tracks. Tension now replaced with excitement, the winds of change blew through the palm trees in Pasedena. UncleSam leaned against the hood of his vehicle, a cuban import in his right hand. He puffed on it and watched Bruce_Lee and JewishJake pull into the parking lot. After an exchange of hands the trio made their way into the headquarters

Report Post Tips: 12 / Total: $320,000 Tip

How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL