Get Timers Now!
X

May 16 - 17:54:49
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Retirement from Playing Started by: BillyBathtub on Oct 25, '11 21:19

For the last 3 years I have played MafiaReturns under two characters. Under ThomasRourke I had a lot of fun, and under Roman I was able to see through an elaborate revenge. This isn't going to be a huge thank you thread or anything, but I will say a few broad ones.

The game has my thanks for allowing me the luxury of ruling in an RP realm for a large quantity of time. MR has been a place with great friends, great enemies, and great fun. I know the majority may not see the type of prolonged success that I have, but I encourage everyone to always reach for it, because it is incredibly rewarding.

I know many people in certain circles knew that my retirement was upcoming as a lot of the wind had gone out of my sails the last month and a half or so. The people who remained loyal have my most sincere thanks and I am sorry that I slacked off at the end and was not better for you.

First and foremost, thank you to Kendra for putting up with me during my runs through the game. I know it wasn't easy sometimes when I had to be called into action or settle disputes, but you always stood by me with as much support as anyone could. I'm sure you could relate to the women on Mob Wives pretty well, and you are the coolest for letting me kill a lot of things and play emperor. I love you, and hope you don't get sick of me now that I will have so much free time!

IzzyCreamcheese, loyal in-game sidekick, patient friend outside the game. You have NEVER let me down (except when you missed Satanta), and you are the most selfless person I have ever met. From WaffleRourke, PistolShotgun, ForkRourke, to TheWildCard, you always stood by me without wavering once. Outside the game, I know it was tough to lose your MR partner for such a long stretch of time. Even though we could spitball ideas, I know it was frustrating to not have me around to actually talk game mechanics with. Thank you for allowing me to pursue this, and I'm glad we will have a fully restored IRL now without the worry of ethics clogging things up. I will spend a long time trying to pay you back for the effort you put in for our cities.

My roommate, friend, and antagonist Belle, you have always made sure I was taken care of in the game and never cared if you died in protection of what we had all built together. You are one of my most dear friends, thank you for allowing my ego in the apartment as I spoke of my conquests. Like Izzy, I owe you big, and will not forget that you believed in me so sincerely.

To Camazotz, you and I have grown incredibly close on my last 2 characters and are always on point when you visit me (sorry Belle). I think you are one of my most appreciated surprises from the last 2 reigns as you have become a best friend to me and an integral part of my life. The girls may think we are having an affair, but they can shutup and refer to rule 2 of Dark Club. Thank you for giving me your best under Colin and BrianRourke (Rourke Court!)

Three years ago, when all this started, I never thought I would become close with tita. However, she has meant more to me in the last year than anyone thought possible given our past. You stood by me until the very end, and you made me and everyone who ever worked under you proud. You and Hoagie will always be thought of warmly by me as I make my transition. When you are invested, you are the hardest working player in the game. I wish I could have given you so much more in the game, and I am sorry if I ever disappointed you.

Premeir, I saved you for last, and you shouldn't be surprised. You stood next to me at times when nobody would, and no matter what the decision you would always back me. It was my pleasure to see you grow into an incredible leader and to become one of the best players the game has ever seen. I know people try to knock you down, but having you as a running mate as Roman meant that I could have the success that I did. Without you, there would have been no Chicago empire. Even if people question your legacy, you are a two-time Godfather and someone who can never be discounted when he plays the game. Congratulations on all you've accomplished, and you know I love you.

So this is it. I am officially hanging up the wack screen for an Admin wack screen. I'm certainly not quitting the game, just transitioning into a new part of it. I will continue to try to serve with the same diligence that I did as ThomasRourke and Roman.

Thanks for the games,

BillyBathtub

Report Post Tip

For a character who has only worked for you once but been on the recieveing end of your wrath many times, i say good riddance.

But being genuine you will be missed.

love you Little_Dave

Report Post Tip

What about to The Conceptualists?

Report Post Tip

well, you had one hell of a run.

i never had the chance to work with you directly, but i've watched what you achieved.

well done, and you'll be missed.

Report Post Tip

Congrats mate awsome run

Report Post Tip

Sorry for shooting at your Girlfriend...

Report Post Tip

This game is something that can take a major toll on a person. It can become literally draining sometimes. This is a well deserved retirement, considering that in my relatively brief time player, all Billy's characters (TR, Roman) I've seen have been monster accounts. The ode to Kendra is the most deserved IMO, and her support in your ventures probably helped tremendously. Granted, Kendra was a sexy beast in her own right when I first came to these shores (Marietta), but kudos to her for tolerating a run that I'm sure occupied a lot of Billy's time. My own wifey thinks I'm a total moron for playing this shit, so I'm sure a 2 year run as top dog was something that a better half could have made difficult if she wanted to.

Personally I don't believe there will be a retirement from playing, as I'm sure something along the way will rekindle a motivation to start playing again, but I'm sure a long break is in order, and I can imagine it will be a welcome one for the two of you. Good luck Billy and enjoy your 'retirement' (break :P)

Report Post Tip

my relatively brief time player

*playing

Report Post Tip

Despite our many... many differences, I still must congratulate you on a job well done. This game becomes an addiction as a player, and I think now with most of the admins back we as players can expect a lot of changes for the better.

Report Post Tip

I would like to submit a formal application to Dark Club. I will send you a blank piece of paper and convince you that there is a fairly epic application on it so you will accept me.

And then we will play Bloody Mary.

Report Post Tip

That was an epic run, buddy. Awesome job.

Report Post Tip

I have to echo what SexyBeast has said. In my time playing MR i've had a number of different girlfriends(sadly not at the same time) but the amount of crap i've got fromthem about playing some "stupid" game. If Kendra was any other women you wouldn't have lasted as long for the nagging, general annoyance, witholding of the sexy times. Lol cause well, we all know that we aren't going to give up gettig laid for here, well not unless your someone like Marco.

Report Post Tip

Joins the lists of all the other "retirement" speeches.

See you in 6months to a year

Report Post Tip

Billy I am proud to say that I have worked with you and that I know you will keep your word!

Report Post Tip

Pretty sure he made a similar speech with Rourke

Report Post Tip

He retires after all his long runs...

"Look at what I have done!"

Takes a few weeks/months off and always comes back.

Report Post Tip

I'm assuming neither of you actually read the ThomasRourke retirement thread :P

If you HAD, at no point did I say I'd retire from playing. I did mention a bit of a break, unfortunately that break turned into Roman! But this time around I'm done playing for good to the effect that I'll never have another account outside of BillyBathtub. There's nothing left to do, unless IzzyCreamcheese taunts me with a new rank like GodGodfather.

Report Post Tip

Billy or Roman
I don`t know what to call you.

Could you find it and give it to me

Thanks

Happy retirement

Report Post Tip

my only hope is your retirement helps develop the game further as hopefully have witnessed what some may perceive as problems balancing the game

Report Post Tip

The  babe becomes a man.

Well played Bill.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Retirement from Playing
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL