Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 20:57:37
Page:  1 
Rememberance Day Started by: Jonizzel on Nov 10, '11 23:25

As I hope nearly all of you will be aware, tomorrow is Remembrance Sunday. The day when a nation comes together to remember it's wounded or killed Armed Forces of the wars of the past and present. It is something that we take great pride in and will continue to do so for the rest of time.

Every year I try to at least once attend the war memorials in France and Belgium but unfortunately this year I am un-able to do so. So instead I am doing something different. This year I, as well as _Thor_ and Sprozz have decided to commemorate our fallen soldiers with in our profiles and I encourage you all to do the same. For us Brit's it is the poppy and for others it may be something different. But please take a moment and do something different to remember your countries fallen.

For those that would like to remember our heroes the same way we have you can find the profile picture here....

http://www.mehwhatever.com/profile/pics/neverforge.jpg

Further more, since a minutes silence on here won't really work all that well. I suggest for 3 minutes at 11am on 11/11/11 that instead of holding your tongue in respect, that you hold from your mouse. A very small mark of respect but a mark none the less.

This is not about political views or about one upping each other and it is most certainly not about religious beliefs. Just a way of saying "Thank you. We will always remember what you did for our country". No matter what country or sides of the wars your country may have been on.

Thanks for listening. Never forget.

Jono

Report Post Tip

Profile pic thief! (why am i not surprised) ;)

Like Sprozza and yourself have done i hope to see more profiles wearing this poppy, i am sure it won't hurt for a day. It is for a great cause anyway, no matter where you are in the world i am sure you respect your armed forces so show a little pride and adhere to the silence to remember all the fallen.

Whatever everyone is doing tomorrow please spare of thought for those that have done so much for our world and gave the ultimate sacrifice.

Report Post Tip

i'll wear it. support our troops is something that is a debate here in the states. but supportive or not, to discount the actions of those who give their lives is to grossly under value the freedoms which we take for granted.

to all the fallen, may the rest in piece.

Report Post Tip

i farthermore suggest that we make that 3 minutes for anyone will will participate at 11am Mafia time. our games little thing.

Report Post Tip

What a great gesture Jonizzel and co!!!

"Wearing" pic to honor the fallen soldiers

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Rememberance Day
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL