Get Timers Now!
X

May 03 - 09:36:14
Page:  1 
Luck plays a big thing in this thing of ours Started by: Dante-Forza on Dec 11, '23 15:12

Its been awhile since I breathed fresh air and life sure has changed.  

It was 1943 when I went away on my little vacation, we where at war and life was grey and black like watching a picture at the theatre. their was very little joy to be found and no work except slaving away for Uncle Sam's war machine. My father had died a few months previously and my Uncle Sal (not my real uncle but one of my fathers close friends) had gotten me some work delivering messages for his boss Big Sal (I know lots of Sals) turns out those messages I was running weren't messages they where counterfeit ration stamps and forged bank cheques.  

I handed them directly to an undercover detective and before i knew what was happening i was wearing a set of lovely silver bracelets.  turns out the feds don't like you making your own federal goods... who knew? and because i wouldn't rat on the Sals they threw me in lockup for a lovely seven years. uncle Sal came to visit and tell me he was looking after my mama.  but those seven years was hell. 

but I'm out its 1950, the war is over and business is booming. Uncle Sal picked me up in a cherry red Chrysler Newyorker with the top down and a bottle of champagne in the footwell. handed me $2000 dollars and said i start work on Monday. 

I tell you sat drinking from the bottle, fresh air, hot sun and blasting down the road at 70 miles per hour. i felt free. 

He took me to meet the boss, and after a change of clothes, several course meal a welcome back and a second envelope stuffed with cash, uncle Sal took me bar hoping with the boys.  

and thats where i met her. Aurora. 

this beautiful Italian woman, we danced for hours. and went home together and all was good.. well until uncle Sal clocked who I had in his spare room.. turns out shes the Eldest daughter of Don Ricci, and touching her without permission would get me a death sentence. as he shouted and screamed at me. she entered with a sway of her hips, gave me a light kiss and stuffed a piece of paper in my pocket before leaving later inspection it had her number on it. 

I've been out less than 24 hours, I've got a Mafia princess interested in me. My uncle pissed at me. Don Ricci looking to kill me if he ever finds out and a pounding hangover.. oh and mama slapped me upside the head for not seeing her as soon as i got out...  

why do these things happen to me?! and I'm not even made yet.  

Report Post Tips: 26 / Total: $520,000 Tip

Its been two weeks since I'd seen her and I was trying my best to put her out of my mind. Uncle Sal had been true to his word and put me straight to work saying the quicker I got earning the quicker he could kick me out. 

I started doing collections which was a pretty easy job, I had a lovely list of clients who owed interest on loans they'd taken from Sal, it was pretty simple I'd drive around pick up the money and then drive around some more before dropping it off with my uncle it was good for $100 dollars a day which is more than I'd earn in a week in a factory.  

and if they didn't pay? well then I'd tack the money onto the principle and next weeks vig would be higher. if they did it again. well then they'd get the beating of their life.  

After the first week of collections and driving my uncle around id saved around $5000 between collection money, prison earnings, and the envelops given to be for not ratting that I could invest in a business or two. 

I picked up a 50% partnership in a Car showroom for $10 grand. borrowing the other $5 grand from my uncle on a 1 point vig. it helped that the other partner was a little Italian man named Vito and he owed my uncle big so having me in the business meant he knew he was going to get paid. 

two weeks and I'd set myself up with a business and a car. now all i needed was a woman in my life.  

The phone at my new office desk rang. answering it i found it was Lorenzo the bosses Consigliere 

get dressed up and be at the bosses house tonight at 8:30pm do not be late.  

putting the phone down. I wondered what was up. had Big Sal found out about Aurora?!  

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip

I arrived at the house at 8:15pm wearing my nice new suit and freshly shined shoes and of course 15 minutes early. well right on time because if you aren't early you're late. Especially when the boss wants you. knocking on the door it was opened by Franky a soldier in the family a made guy, he made his bones during the last war while I was on my forced vacation. 

Telling me to sit and stay like I was a spoilt little lap dog. I took a seat in the hall chair and admired the opulence of the bosses home. twenty minutes later my uncle sal appeared, he pulled me up and  uncharacteristically pulled me into a hug and kissed me on both cheeks before looking deep into my eyes. I didnt make eye contact like that with my last girlfriend let alone my uncle it was a tad strange.. 

Im proud of you my boy follow me he said before walking down the corridor reaching the end their was a closed double heavy oak door. My uncle knocked and they where pulled open. 

before me was a wide circular room, sat directly in front of me was the boss, arrayed around the room was the rest of the family and senior members of the other five, the doors shut behind me with a final thud. 

my uncle pushed me into the centre of the room. 

The boss stood. he took one deep look at me and nodded. 

two pairs of hands forced me to the ground and i heard the cocking of a pistol as it was pushed into my head.

"Who vouches for this man, to be baptized into this thing of ours. To guide him and be responsible for his actions" 

"I vouch for him"  my uncle said stepping forward

"Are you satisfied, that his blood is noble and that he is a man of honour" 

"I am satisfied" 

The boss turned back to me. 

In this thing of ours this family is everything. you will eat sleep and breath this family. If you're needed you will attend no matter what. your wife is giving birth? you attend. your father is on his death bed? you attend. you will respect women, you will be loyal, you will be faithful and you will be a man of honour. 

This life is harsh you will live and died by the sword. do you wish to take the oath of Omerta. 

"I do" 

Repeating the oaths in Italia, my finger was pierced by a dagger blood flowed freely onto the marble floor, covering a picture of ST Michael the patron saint of warriors before being set alight in my palm. 

"kill him" The click of the gun, my heart pounded but no shot rang out. my heart was pounding 

in this life only i can order your death. his armed snaked out with the back of his hand hitting my hard in the face and sending me to the floor. 

and that is that last time a man will lay hands on you without consequence. you are a man of honour and our brother welcome to the family. 

I was pulled from the floor and hugged and congratulated and in that moment i felt accepted 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Luck plays a big thing in this thing of ours
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL