Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 28 - 21:33:40
Page:  1 
Inferno or Paradiso: Spin that wheel! Started by: Alighieri on Dec 29, '23 03:08

Alighieri presents his rules for everyone before the exciting competition begins: AS SEEN HERE

Welcome, friends and folks alike to one of the biggest and most exciting omerta-based mafia gameshows in the history of the world, if you are invited then I ask you please do not tell the police about it because it is obviously highly illegal. Without furth ado, lets go check out what we'll be doing here today!

Clapping his hands excitedly, two muscle-bound hunks, one man and one woman, twins of the highest caliber, wheel out what can only be described as the third largest wheel on television, but the largest on mafia-only television, which is all that mattered when he set out to create this behemoth. 

What is this, you ask? Well this is Inferno or Paradiso! You come out here and spin my not-quite-as-large-as-the-wheel-of-fortune-wheel-but-still-pretty-impressive-wheel and you are either given a prize or the embarrassment that is an eternity in the Inferno, just without actually having to go there. Lucky you!

He spins the wheel once to demonstrate how it works, but the thing barely moves. It is mighty, and it is hard to turn. Once it stops spinning in about three seconds, it promptly lands on the word 'Paradiso' as fireworks shoot out from behind the stage and startle nearly everyone there, before someone runs out and whispers into Alighieri's ear.

I was just informed that the fireworks aren't allowed when you make your spin, but trust me, it will still be pretty cool. So who wants to try this bad fucker out first? Come test your luck. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain, well, or very little to gain if you have bad luck, I suppose, but don't think about that.

Please try... I need this, if this gameshow fails it'll be the fourth flop and no one ever gets a fifth shot in Mobsterswood. Come on.

Report Post Tips: 6 / Total: $120,000 Tip

Meliodass swaggered through the streets, her katana catching the sun like a mischievous wink. The clatter of the city faded as she approached Alighieri's mysterious Wheel of Fortune.

"Wheel of Fortune, huh?" she mused, a grin splitting her face.

She twirled the katana, sending a glint of challenge towards Alighieri

​"Now spin that for me."

Report Post Tip

Bulking up over the past few hours was the smartest thing that he had ever done because now he was able to spin the wheel and have it move further than a few inches. In fact, it was seemingly going for over a minute now, every pang of the wheel joints hitting off each other rang through Alighieri's mind as he watched it continue on: Over and over again, it was so entrancing, and only the sound of the big buzzing sound that his producers had brought on set once the fireworks were nixed broke him out of the deep thoughts.

Aw, damn! @Melidoass, I am sorry, but today you seem to be our first loser.

Jangling around in his pockets for a few moments, he pulled out what could only be described as a slip of paper that would give the lady more clout within the streets as she visited them. A VIP token, of sorts: he had dozens of these and he was sure that he did too, so it was just another to add on to the list.

BIG LOSER: MELIODASS

That might be a bit much, we'll have to come up with a better way to introduce the people that don't win. Anyways, thank you for playing, Meli and I hope you tell all of your friends about this amazing opportunity and I hope that they have much more luck than you just did! 

Now that this was over, all he had to do was wait for another guest to enter the foray. Would they be able to spin the wheel and make it to Paradiso or would they wallow in the pit of despair with the first spinner? There was only one way to find out! For now, Alighieri just ate some cobbler off to the side... there was a lot of downtime in this show, in hindsight he should have made sure to bring a few contestants on, but it was far too late for that now.

Report Post Tip

Sonny poured himself a stiff drink and nodded over to Alighieri and their two henchmen indicating that he would like a spin.

"May the gods of fortune watch over my spin," he stated between pulls of his smoking cigar.

Report Post Tip

I think there is much more behind this simple spin of the wheel than what meets the eye. You say it's an innocent gamble, one where we either win riches or gain nothing besides eternal ridicule, but I can see through this clever ploy of yours, Alighieri.

You're doing the work of the devil, attempting to claim our souls and damn us to a hot date with Cerberus, a sexy soiree by Lucifer. When one is unfortunate enough to have the wheel land on Inferno, I think it seals the deal and locks in our destination on judgement day. A one-way ticket into the lake of fire.

God works in mysterious days, but apparently so does the devil.

Now, I could be a boring party pooper and abstain from participating and remain in purgatorio, but I like to live dangerously.

SPIN THE WHEEL, SON.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Both SonnyFranzese and Authority asked to spin the wheel, and so it was done as it was decreed by the bylaws of the United States Gaming Commission as well as the Wheel Spinners Society of America. The ticks tacked and everyone held their breath as it slowly landed on the bold words INFERNO and the buzzing sound once again scared Alighieri who held it in a bit better this time-- he didn't even yelp!

Aww, shucks. Sorry, Sonny. Here, you can have this for your troubles.

He opened up his book of the damned and read it aloud for a few moments before the power of better being organized seemingly did not appear out of thin air, but rather a ghoul instead. The damned creature slowly moseyed over towards the three men who stood around the wheel before a few workers ushered him back to his eternal resting place

Sorry about that, have this self help book instead. It'll give you the skills that you need to organize your crimes!

Turning to Authority, he spun the wheel again and for the first time, there was a winner. 

TO PARADISO WITH YOU, AUTHORITY!

Handing him a few tools that would help better with his pickpocketing and two credits, Alighieri smiled knowing that once one person won it was a lot less likely that another would right after. It was simple gambler's mathematics. 

Thank you both for playing, and I hope you enjoyed yourselves!

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Inferno or Paradiso: Spin that wheel!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL