Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 30 - 21:16:42
Page:  1 
Where is the respect? Started by: JordieBarrett on Feb 02, '24 12:24

Once upon a time, grave pissing used to be a major faux pas that would see the perpetrator severely reduced in rank, if not killed. Nowadays one of the loftiest among us feels emboldened to attend the graveside of a fellow mobster and - amongst the dearly departed’s nearest and dearest - shout that the man is a “rat” then mask this disrespect with a conciliatory “RIP”, which only served to embolden others to follow suit, so I ask - where is the decorum, the respect for the dead, the honor of Omertà? Have we lost these key tenets that make our thing what it is?

If we won’t hold each other accountable for these sort of discretions, is there any going back to the ways of old? Are we too far gone to realise the code our forebears once generally accepted as a prerequisite of the life we lead? We all know that 50% of the time we meet our maker, it will be a friend or acquaintance putting their 5lbs of pressure on the trigger, so it cannot be shock, surprise, hurt or - indeed - even anger that drives this behaviour that we all once agreed to be unacceptable for a lowly corner gangster, much less the top of the totem pole of our organisations.

I ask you reader - are we so tribal now that Godfathers cannot even find the decency to respect funerals anymore? How can the dead rest in peace with a malicious roar of disrespect taking place at their final resting place?

Truly, I am dismayed. I just hope I am not alone in my feelings; I pray there are others willing to demand the same standards we once expected.

RIP decency. RIP decorum.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

guys in the mafia would regularly get chopped up, thrown into holes at construction sites or tossed into the ocean, who cares dude

"a malicious roar of disrespect", what we need is a funeral for good writing

Report Post Tip

Respectfully, I disagree sir. Funeral pissing is not something that has ever been tolerated in our business. Whilst it may be entertaining for a few, the funeral home is supposed to be a place to show restraint, and pay our last respects to the dearly departed, regardless of personal feeling. There have been many funerals I wished to desecrate, but knowing the strength of feeling, I have always held my tongue. I just hope this is not the beginning of a new trend. I hope and pray, at least.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I'm no old schooler but it's always seemed to be an unwritten rule whenever I've passed through, to not be disrespectful in funeral threads and pretty much a part of MR funeral etiquette, unless I'm missing something. Maybe this needs to be added to HQ rules again (for those that might not have it) just to make sure the standard is being upheld. Technically if your character dies, the player shouldn't take that OOCly anyways. But a lot of funerals are attended without RP too and the majority of posts in funerals seem to be an OOC nod to the player, rather than the character that was played, so this probably doesn't help either with keeping things kosher in funeral posts from time to time.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Where is the respect?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL