Get Timers Now!
X

May 03 - 13:56:06
Page:  1 
Presenting the Ninth Street Connection Started by: Sal_Giaquinto on Feb 08, '24 02:59

Through the murmurs on the streets, word of an unprecedented gathering at Fontaine's Restaurant & Excelsior Lounge traveled fast. Perhaps it's curiosity or loyalty that pulls you... steering your steps towards the old boarding house turned restaurant, jazz hall, and nightclub.

As you step into Fontaine's, the ambiance shifts seamlessly from the public facade of revelry in the main dining area, with its rich scents and the lively jazz tunes, to the undercurrents of power and strategy that flow upstairs...

...The Excelsior Lounge was reserved tonight for a gathering far removed from the innocent celebrations below.

...the air is charged with a sense of purpose, a gathering storm of Philly's formidable high society, and a thick veil of cigar smoke. 

Sal_Giaquinto steps forward and pauses before the crowd. He quietly reflected on his earlier conversation with Sylence, who was taking the mantle of godfather. "Sal, soon, I'll be godfather, I trust you to continue the operation and represent me and our thing on the street."

"Friends," Sal begins, "Tonight marks a new era for us all. First and foremost, let's raise our glasses to our friend Sylence, named godfather of Bella Visa, a title well-deserved."

"Salut" echoes through the hall.

Sal continues, "I am thankful for Sylence for leveraging his connections to get me out of the can and back home. Damn! It's good to be back, and it's been too long, friends. I am also thankful for the opportunity to continue expanding the operation."

"For those that know me well, I am a man of tradition and values. Omerta, Onore, Sangue and Famiglia are not just fancy words but pillars for me and my family. Allow me to explain."

Omerta - Omerta is the sacred code of silence, in essence - Don't go to the authorities, keep your mouth shut, and don't interfere in the business of others.

Onore - Honor, Honor is the quiet strength of standing by your word and treating others respectfully, even when the world's gone mad. It's about how we carry ourselves in the shadows or the light. Dishonor the family, the code, and you dishonor yourself. But live with honor, and you elevate us all.

Sangue - Blood... blood is thicker than water, they say, and for us, it's the truth that binds us closer than any chain could. But it's not just about the blood that courses through our veins; it's about the blood we're willing to shed for each other, for the family. 

Famiglia - Family embodies the principle that we are far more powerful than the sum of our individual parts. That no matter the circumstance, there's always someone in your corner, ready to stand by you through thick and thin. That trials and successes are shared, weaving together a bond of unbreakable camaraderie.

Sal continued, "And to all out there, whether you're a Mustache Pete rooted in the old ways or a Young Turk looking to make your mark under the new rules, if what I've said tonight resonates with you, if you see yourself standing among us, upholding the values of Omerta, Onore, Sangue, and Famiglia, then look us up, we are the Ninth Street Connection.

With that, Sal hopped off the stage and mingled with the guests.

Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $100,000 Tip

Amira smiled from her spot in one of the more remote corners of the room. Crowds of strangers weren't her thing, but this was an event she couldn't miss.

When Sal had given his speech, quite eloquently in fact, she finally joined the gathering of well-wishers in the growing line. There was a small, neatly wrapped gift box in her hands that she held carefully until it was her turn to greet the newly-minted crew leader. 

With a warm smile and a kiss on each cheek, Amira met Sal at the front of the receiving line. She took his hand and placed the gift box in it. 

"You have my best wishes, Sal, and know that I'm a phone call away if I can be of help. This...this is so you remember that Mama Regina was always proud of you, too."

Inside was a velvet hinged box that held a silver medallion. Inscribed on it were the words, "Famiglia, Sangue, Vino - Viacelli Winery & Vineyards" 

With the gift delivered, she gave Sal a wink and moved on, heading for the coat check room. She had one more stop in Philly. 

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL