Get Timers Now!
X

May 02 - 06:53:19
Page:  1 
A Musical Performance by Transistor and the Tyrants Started by: Transistor on Apr 09, '24 20:30

The night air is crisp, but refreshing. A giant crowd had gathered in South Philly at the Walnut Theatre waiting for the live debut of Transistor and the Tyrants. The newest rock group out of Philly.

Back stage, the band was showing their nerves.

Quotas was checking the tuning of his harmonica. He was tapping it repeatedly.

Teumessian was shining her guitar, making sure it shone bright under the stage's many lights

Alexa was sleeping in the corner, admittedly not all that concerned.

Gladius was tuning his drums, ensuring that every tap off the snare drum would be as tight as the last.

and Transistor, the lead singer, was rehearsing the big moment where the pyrotechnics would erupt in order to make sure he was clear of the blast.

Transistor stood up and addressed the band.

This is it guys. Our big moment. Our colossal debut. There are record executives in this audience who may really give us a shot if we pull this off like I know we can. Get yourselves together, it's almost show time.

Transistor munches on some free lunch meat and looks toward the door as it opens.

"Guys, we're ready for you." the manager hollers before exiting.

Alright. It is time.

The lights dim in the venue as the crowd begins to roar. Gladius sits at his kit first, Teumessian and Alexa enter next with their strings, Quotas walks into the light holding his harmonica up high. Finally Transistor emerges as the spot light tracks his moves to the microphone at center stage. The crowd is roaring.

HELLO PHILLY. We are Transistor and the Tyrants:

AND THIS IS "THE DEBT THAT NEVER ENDS"

They begin to play as the audience cheers.

Report Post Tips: 17 / Total: $82,574,023 Tip

As Transistor and the Tyrants hit the last note on The Debt That Never Ends, Gladius feels a rush of adrenaline as the crowd begins to roar. He and Transistor had a discussion about how the show should start. It was their first as a group in front of a live audience, and it had to be perfect. Transistor wanted to start the show with The Debt That Never Ends, but Gladius wanted to start with Reign of Gladius, for completely unbiased reasons. He had written the song himself, and just knew it was a banger. Quotas was utterly helpless in the dispute, but that surprised no one.

With the roar of the crowd, Gladius began to doubt his stance, that maybe they started off with the right song. Transistor looked back at him with a triumphant grin, little brat that he is.

"Thank you! This next song is sure to blow your socks off as well!" Transistor said to the crowd. 

"This one is called Reign of Gladius and I hope you enjoy" he told the crowd.

After the song was done, the crowd went wild. Even more wild than after the first. Gladius, of course, had a shit eating grin on his face when Transistor turned around. Alexa was laughing her ass off watching the showdown from across the stage.

Report Post Tips: 7 / Total: $4,340,085 Tip

Vinny stands in the back of the room with his brow deeply furrowed. He wasn't sure what prompted his Boss' new career turn but he was there to show his support, nonetheless. Even if it was while wearing earplugs...

"Drums and guitars, loud noises, hostile band names, and a singer that screams like a banshee...this isn't the kind of music I grew up with. Sounds like some kind of rocking roll or whatever the hell the kids are calling it. I'll tell you what it is. IT'S THE DEVIL'S MUSIC!"

Vinny crossed his arms across his chest and went on trying to tolerate the situation he found himself in...

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $1,696,969 Tip

Don Warmonger stood with his back against the large double doors of The Walnut Theatre with his hands tucked inside his coat pockets. His collar was stereotypically upright, protecting his neck from the wind. He had a stern look on his face as he looked out into the dark night watching the surroundings. A few women were huddled beside him, giggling and laughing as he cracked jokes. In the surrounding area were numerous men dressed in dark suits and long coats, all looking eerily identical to one another.

Two men entered the scene, staggering towards the entrance. One was singing at the top of his voice, if you could call it that, while the other did his best to keep him upright. Warmonger offered the women a cigarette before excusing himself. "I'll be back in a moment." He made his way towards the stumbling pair and placed his hand on the chest of the louder one.

"That's enough of that." Warmonger ordered. The two men paused, looking confused and swaying as they attempted to focus on Warmonger.

"Who the fuck are you?" The louder man slurred, losing balance and falling on to his back foot as his friend reached out to steady him.

Warmonger ignored his aggression. "You fellas look like you've had a good night. Just come from a party, have you?" He smiled softly as he tucked his hands back into his pockets.

"What the f..." The quieter man nudged his friend quiet before continuing for him. "Yes sir. We've had a great night, thank you. Now we're hunting for an after-hours spot."

"YEAH! AFTER-HOURS PARTY, BABY!" The loud one exclaimed. Warmonger chuckled softly and rolled his eyes.

"I see." Warmonger nodded as he reached into his inside pocket for his cigarettes before sharing with the two men. He lit his cigarette and handed over the lighter. "And where is this party exactly?"

The louder man staggered as he failed to light his cigarette. "Just over there - two blocks south. Why?" The quieter friend responded.

"Well, you see... I don't believe they're licenced." Warmonger watched as the drunk man continued to struggle with his cigarette. He took the lighter from him before successfully sparking it and lighting it for him. The buffoon begun dancing and cheering with excitement.

"Is that music I hear? I LOVE MUSIC!" The loud man burst into song once more. Warmonger looked at the second man and raised his eyebrows, leading him to attempt quietening his friend.

"Shhh. I don't think this guys fucking around. Just be cool." He begged before looking back at Warmonger. "We're gonna get going, sir - thanks for the cigarette." He attempted to drag his friend away.

"Nah, fuck that!" The loudmouth broke free and darted towards the doors. "I wanna party!"

Warmonger pulled his right hand out of his pocket and stuck his arm out in front of the man's chest. "No. No party. Listen to your friend."

The drunkard looked at Warmonger defiantly before skipping into the road as he waved his arms around and continued to sing. His friend demanded he follow him as he made his way back the way they came. Warmonger watched patiently as he neared the end of his cigarette and glanced back at the women who were now whispering amongst themselves. The dancing man had his arms stretched out above his head, screaming into the night sky as he faced Warmonger without a care in the world.

The Don flicked his cigarette into the gutter before nodding at one of the suited men nearby. "Smith." He then nodded in the direction of the loud man prompting two of his security to march over. Warmonger turned his back to face away from the struggle. He wasn't keen on the violence. He understood it was a necessary evil, but he refused to be a part of it - as much as the world would allow at least. He was peaceful.

As the pair of security dragged the drunken nuisance away, Warmonger dusted his coat off and re-approached the group of women. "Sorry about that, ladies." He sighed. "I hate when it comes to that... But this is Transistor's night, you know? We're all here to enjoy Transistor and the Tyrants. Not listen to that shit..."

Warmonger waved over another of the security in attendance. "Hey Smith, do me a favour. Grab a couple of the fellas and go check out that party. We made it perfectly clear this was the only place for entertainment in South Philly tonight. You know what to do." As he turned to face the women, one of them giggled and leaned in to whisper in his ear. A small grin grew across his face as she finished and stepped back out.

"All three of you, eh?" He chuckled to himself and glanced his watch. "Okay, but you'll have to wait until we're done here... Business comes first." He chucked a wink before tucking his hands back inside his pockets. He smiled and waited for the next trouble maker.

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $1,736,968 Tip

Ivy had heard there was a new band playing playing in Philly, it'd taken some doing to get the tickets for herself and her favored BG's, Thompson and Keith, but she set up just over the pit (for easy access) and sends Thompson for a few beer's. As the band starts warming up she notices a few of the band members arguing, but quickly it ends and the band starts the the warm up song.

After a bit, Ivy finds herself moshing with the rest... "Thompson, remind me to get this record? The second song is Amazing!"

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $100,085 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Musical Performance by Transistor and the Tyrants
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL