Get Timers Now!
X

May 02 - 04:48:21
Page:  1 
Chapter 1: an opportunity worth the price (Adeline) Started by: Adeline on Apr 10, '24 00:18

Laying there in my own puddle of blood, after being beaten I decided to grab a glass not to far from my battered, bruised sore body. Slicing deep into my wrists, the rage and the pain of betrayal turning into serene bliss. Something no one will understand unless you experience it yourself. It's like all your emotions and worries faded away into nothing. It felt good for once, as if the weight on my shoulders were gone. No more resentment, hatred, sadness. It was like a clean slate. I knew i was probably going to hell, or at least that's what my adoptive parents to used to say. But I think they said it just to engrave fear into my mind, so deep that I wouldn't have a way out. Peace. 

As I lay there, the moonlight illuminating some of the darkness, my fee as turns unnaturally beautiful. Painfully so. My black hair almost a royal to a midnight blue under the moonlights gaze. My eyes no longer their Hazel sparkle, but a silver taste of death. I know because I can feel that I've brushed against the undercurrents of death. It was nineteen fifty-nine December twenty third, two days before Christmas. My breath coming out like I had just blew out the smoke from a cigarette. You could hear the light whistles of the quiet winds. Snow flakes falling from the sky, blanketing the ground in white. As I lay there, my senses coming to dull, a sign I was dying. A damn finally breaking, all the tears in my life that I held back seemed to slip that night, that moment. Rage was turning into a numb cold sensation, it was slow and captivating. When I imagine love of any kind, I imagine death. It's very comforting, raging, hypnotic. It's like a wave of undercurrents. It pulls you under and dulls the senses. Keeps you on the drive of survival bodily instincts. It is but a fleeting moment in time. And when it's over? It hurts like nothing you've ever felt, it's overwhelming. It breaks you in the ways you try and shield yourself from. As I lay there, my mind began to roam of wishes and painful memories. 

As tear after tear slipped, I began to wonder was I ever gonna be given a life to be happy, to see the sun? To experience childhood? My first love? To ride a bike? What most of you take for granted. What I sat in the shadows wishing for. Suddenly pulled out of my thoughts, I could hear foot falls against the harden wooden floors. The floor boards creaked as I looked to the black shoes walking to wards me. It was a bit blurry. Even though I was cold, it felt like a raging storm was coming to life. My eyebrows knitted together as my eyes tried to zero in on the shoes the figure wore.

"Poor little bunny." The figure said. 

A gasp escaped my lips, this man's voice was deep, almost baritone deep or maybe even lower. Even though it was a whisper, I could still hear the softness, in it. 

"Haha..even death mocks me." I said instead, although my voice was but a whisper, it was sarcastic.

"No..I don't mock beings in their last moments before complete death." He said. He used the same tone.

She felt his hand, it was gently but he had rough callousness about them. They were big, like him. As he lightly moved her what felt like bloodied damped hair out of her face. She let her now death filled silver bluish eyes look up at his own. He seemed to be looking at her in tenderness. Not pity nor mocking. He didn't look at her as if he were looking down on her. As if he were God looking at shit beneath his shoe. He was looking at looking at her as if she were his equal.

Just out of no where, her body and voice rebelling against her, a soft quiet whimpering sob broke from her now dried sore split lips. When he looked at her, she felt as if he could see her like he was reading the words from the pages of a book. Every detail, thought, emotion. He looked to be greedily reading it up. She looked away, she couldn't handle that right now. 

"even though you're a stranger to me, this moment feels intimate, could you grace me with a nameplate? It makes us less strangers." She whispered. 

"humans and their ideology for naming things. I don't have name. Would you give me one?" He seemed to ask in a soft commanding tone. 

His face was beautiful, one eye bluish silver and the other purplish blue. His jaw line set hard in his features. This man was beautiful from every angle. Not many could pull that off. 

"how about...wraith?" She asked, feeling right she hummed.

he looked at her confused, but instead of keeping that look, he raised a brow, god even his brows were beautiful. His beauty was just as unnatural as hers. But she didn't really see it.

"Why wraith?" He asked, although he seemed to look like he already knew that answer.

"It means death and shadow. You are in the shadows as you guide the souls over to the other side." She whispers. 

Suddenly it felt like he was pulling her from the tides of death, she coughed, her chest hurting. Burning as if she had been running. As a groan escaped her lips she spat out blood. She was in excruciating pain.

"it's perfect, thank you. I think I'll keep it. Is there anything you wish to say before you leave?" He asked in that same soft tone. 

As she laid back down, she noticed his eyes, she quickly looked away biting her lower lip. The pain was nothing compared to what she was going through. Blood seeped from her mouth as she licked up, she shook her no. Even though she was quiet, the moon showed her features perfectly for him. Tears never seemed to subside. 

"Do you fear me little bunny?" He asked, although he was being gentle. His smile said something different.

He gave her a wicked grin, as if he knew she was scared but not of him, and he almost seemed to know things. She looked away, he was watching her too closely. She needed to think of something else before he had her baring her soul to him.

As she laid there, her sight looking past him, as if she were in a deep memory, another sob broke out.

"if you aren't scared then why are you crying?" He asked, it was almost a whisper. 

"Can I speak freely?" She whispered, her face hurt when her muscle began to show she was saddened.

"Yes. I have all time in the world little one." He whispers back.

​​​As he sat down, not caring she was a mess, he ever so gently lifted her up and laid her on his lap. He cradled her, as if she was literally taking on the terms of embracing death.

"I have a lot of regrets..and rage. For starters I never got to enjoy the little things normally people enjoy. I never got to learn how to right a bicycle. I never got to enjoy ice cream. I had a tough life. Full of darkness, and pain. I never got to kiss a boy I liked. I never got to graduate. I never was able to go on dates. Or courtship. I never got to ride a horse. I've never even been outside to enjoy fresh air..." She paused as she tried to take a deep breath but sweat coated her forehead as she was thrown into a small coughing fit. 

finally spatting out more blood onto the floor, she groaned in response as her voice broke into a higher octave. As if it were hard to breathe and move. 

"I've never had a best friend, I've never experienced a birthday even. My parents died when I was a baby. Something happened, I never got to investigate. Everyone that I thought was in my corner betrayed me tonight. I'm a freak of nature. My entire life is abuse in every way..I've never been able to smile. I have scars from being cut up experimented on..even sexually. I won't go into detail because I don't want to relive it. But I know I'll never be able to have children. I can never get married. Can you imagine getting married but too afraid to show off your body..pfft hahahaha." She spoke softly. And the very end was rage filled with bitterness.

"What happened tonight?" He asked her ever so tenderly. 

"This room is where I always hide, when they have parties down stairs, I hide here. But tonight..they found me....abused me and humiliated me. Laughed at me. So I got tired of it..although it hurt..I grabbed a broken glass and slashed my wrists. Pathetic isn't it?" I laugh in anger filled with venom.

"no..even like this you're beautiful..although I wouldn't recommend you stay like this, but even your darkness and pain is beautiful." He whispered. 

"Wraith do me a favor..after I die..please make them suffer for everything." He stiffened, as if to ponder on this.

"I can't let you die yet." He spoke.

She unconsciously gave a soft quiet sob. "Why? Why do i have to continue to live like this." I let my voice show the venom and anger.

"Hush little bunny and hear me out." He whispered against my ear. 

frozen in place, I felt his breath heat up the ice inside of me, I did as he said, and waited for him to finish.

"What if..I let you go back and give you a second chance. I of course would be going back with you..I'd givevyou a second chance at life. To get revenge.. and to try all the things you've never been able to do before." He spoke softly, my eyes widened as if he just gave me a thought.

as I began to think about it I ask aloud, "I don't have anything to be able to do this. I would need resources..money..training." I whisper.

as if he already knew the answer, he smiles wickedly, idk how I know but I do, I feel it, like a presence over my skin. Giving my goose bumps, slightly melting the ice that started to accumulate.

"You'd have me. My power, my wealth..resources. I'm well known in the mafia world." He whispered, enflaming her.

"And just where would I live?" I asked in a whisper.

As if I was about to explode, I thought about it, it was a really good proposal, but I couldnt really think past the fog on my mind. I was in the waves of death after all.

"With me of course. You think I trust these people not to follow you home without me looking?" He seemed to almost let out growl.

I lazily raise a brow to this new emotion coming from him, "why..what's in it for you?" I ask, wondering why he was acting this way.

For the first time in my life a seed of hope planted in my heart, I began to wonder what would happen if I did. Then I began to think about what would this man want if he were to do this form, I grew suspicious. Because let's be honest, in my world, or in this world, or even in the mafia world, nothing comes without a price for it. 

"Smart bunny..asking all the right questions." He paused, after I groaned from the movement of my breathing. 

"you aren't answering my question." I clenched me teeth, keeping myself up right and from whimpering in pain again. 

"Haha..easy little bunny. You." I gasp, confused by this and he chuckled. 

Thus guy is finding my expressions and sarcasm funny. But right now he's amused by my shock to his answer, I turn my eyes to slits, wondering and possible hoping he isn't joking? What the fuck would be hoping for that?

"Repeat that?" I asked making sure I heard him. 

"I said I want you out of all of this?" He whispered.

And like a moron, I ask "Why?"

not that we will ever be, for some odd reason my mind seemed to jump in exclamation or was it my body. No fucking way am I ever going to show that, but if I'm not going to die, I need to find away to get out of the fog. So I can control my thoughts and reactions better. 

"because you can help me  better to understand the ways of the world." He said. But I could tell he was holding off on what he really wanted to say.

since he's death though, the answer is pretty reasonable. As if to give an after thought. "Because how else am I to protect you and let you use my stuff without people getting suspicious of you?" He answered the lie so easily, as if he wanted to hide it for awhile. Make me figure it out.

"Okay." I sighed, too tired right now to even think about this, I'm sore, weakened and in so much pain. As if on cue I lean forward and heave up more blood. "How is this going to work?" I ask.

"I going to send you back to nineteen thirty-two. When you were eighten..I'll be there, you'll wake up in had probably in pain and I'll come to get you and take you away from there..you don't need to do anyrhing." He whispered. 

As I nod, I can feel him give a light smirk, as he leans forward, and says, "Now be a good girl, and do as I say..all you have to do for now is look pretty. I'll handle the rest." As my eyes began to roll out.

As a whimper leaves my lips once more, he hushes me, as i doze off, I felt lips on my forehead, then suddenly a brightly exploding as manuals scrolls cultivation methods enter my mind and then something even weirder.

Then as I look around it looked be a long ass warped hall way full of colors and memories, and as I stepped forward. I saw it all. Then suddenly everything began to speed up as I was pushed forward. Like i was on a roller coaster ride being sucked forward. Tears now coming down again. I hated how weak I felt, how I was easily put into this position. Then I heard his voice, as I saw a bright light up ahead. And the closer i got to it. The more it got brighter. I covered my eyes thinking an explosion was about to happen but, it didn't. Something better happened. I was back into my body but I wasn't older than twenty, I was eighteen. Getting a second chance, given an opportunity. And for the first time i saw hope....to be continued...

Report Post Tips: 11 / Total: $2,380,000 Tip

I think this whole place would be much happier if this wasn't continued 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $120,000 Tip

LanaDelRey you obviously don't appreciate it when a fellow mafioso relates their stories of their underground dealings, natural to this way of life, to us.

Perhaps we can all learn something from Adeline's tale. I for one am very interested in the many techniques employes in their day-to-day like smooth-tongued sweet-talk and time travel.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Chapter 1: an opportunity worth the price (Adeline)
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL