Get Timers Now!
X

May 02 - 03:30:30
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
The Day The Music Died Started by: Transistor on Apr 10, '24 16:40

Transistor, weary and tired from the night prior exits his black vehicle in the center of the motorcade and addresses the masses.

Let me start by saying, many of us considered Music a friend- and let me continue by saying the city of Detroit was a failed experiment.

Don't look at me like that. Both things can be true at once. I'm not here to speak ill of Music or drop any sweet tea for you all to slurp loudly while we watch and listen.

Detroit has been rocky in the best of times in recent history, and Music inherited a city that required a lot of elbow grease to make a success. She came out of the gate strong, got the city in order, and unfortunately the city floundered before the halfway mark of the race, between certain people stepping down randomly, its small population, and other events.

With all due respect to Music, it came down to whether her city could thrive in the hands of others, and it would’ve been a detriment to her legacy not only to continue on with the city in disrepair but also to put her through any extra political stresses of having to change nearly half its lineup, as she had already been through more than enough of those during her run.  

Rest in Peace to the fallen.

Transistor re-enters the vehicle and makes his exit.

Report Post Tips: 11 / Total: $896,969 Tip

The mental gymnastics must have been very exhausting. I am so glad you could be of service in saving her from ... what was it again? Oh right saving her legacy... What legacy?

And what legacy are you leaving behind exactly? One of purging? Of Bloodlining? Just curious.

Anyways thank you for the laugh. This was enjoyable to listen to.

Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $1,080,000 Tip

Rest in peace to the fallen..I hope they find peace. And thank you Transistor for letting us know thr gust of things when you already have a lot going on. Have great rest of your day..I wish you well.

Report Post Tip

Man, I am not sure the words purging and bloodling are being used enough in our streets. I know it is easy to use these words to get across an extremely negative connotation, but I think people need to find new words and better arguments. 

It is unfortunate that when everyone at the top are actually allies, when someone has to be removed it is more picky and targeted - or even someone everyone loves, which people like to cry purging or bloodlining. Yet, what would you suggest the leaders do instead of just rolling over and waiting for their own deaths? Just sit there on their hands and don't make the first move? Just let those people who eventually will try to shoot you, do it? I know, it is terrible to shoot someone before they actually did something bad. We should change our way of life to be like the police instead of the mafia. 

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $320,000 Tip

What words do you feel would be more appropriate to describe what is going on, Clarity?

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $270,000 Tip

If there’s some sort of incriminating intel about these malevolent forces, why not produce it? Why make a speech saying you feel Music wasn’t fully utilizing the city, and you don’t want to see her legacy tarnished? If there’s nothing to hide, why the masquerade?

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Stormshadow makes his way through the ravaged Detroit streets. He walks slowly with his kitana blade drawn, stepping over bodies and lopping the heads off of the surviving commoners. He comes across a young woman who is questioning Don Clarity. He sheaths his sword and approaches TomatopantsJones

”To the victor goes the spoils. Someone much wiser than you and I said those words, and they ring true even today as we stand among the many fallen. Perhaps you should heed those words. Contemplate on that and you will find you can easily answer your own question.  The answer you should come up with is absolutely not. Rest in peace to those who died in this ruthless war”

Rufus truly agrees to many that hails the fallen and he do the same.

Also sad over when The Music Died, it wss very sorry to see and now we have to find another things to have hun again together.

Rest in Peace all good ones.

I see things through an objective lens. Despite having been around these parts longer than almost anyone, I have few friends here, by choice. It makes things more enjoyable and decreases the drama.

That being said, many of you are NOT looking at this through an objective lens. Music was your friend. There is no justification that can be given that will satisfy you. That is not rational thinking.

What I saw, from my objective, neutral, not giving a fuck position, was a worthless city. You heard me. Fucking worthless. I spend a lot of time in the streets. Do you know that there was not a single person from Detroit in the streets, who could be considered a "very important person", making a single comment in recent history? That's right. Their tally was zero. ZERO. FOR THE WHOLE FUCKING CITY. There are Thugs and Civilians with more street presence than that entire city combined.

Is street presence overrated in your mind? Ok then. Throughout history, many innovative leaders have created other ventures. Exciting business districts, special taxes under certain circumstances (Hug tax, anyone?), contests (properly regulated by the CC), unique rules that apply only to their city (mandatory mugging, anyone?) and incentives for visiting. Since Detroit was a city that did not value the streets, they must have done something else like one of those things, right? I'm seriously asking, because maybe they did and I just didn't see it. I didn't see much of anything, and nobody else did, either, because it wasn't there. Maybe you had the liveliest of city and district coffee shops, where good times were had by all, but that's not enough, and to be honest, you probably didn't have that, either. 

To the critics out there, what would YOU suggest be done with an absolutely worthless and pointless city? Let them continue to fester and stagnate, which becomes contagious, and drag down all of Cosa Nostra? Take a time out, a deep breath, and really think about it. There's a common saying that "mediocrity should not be rewarded", and what we saw in Detroit could only aspire to rise to the levels of mediocrity.

Thank Transistor for being a kind person, who spoke delicately about someone you like. You won't get that from me, but you will get the truth.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $249,085 Tip

Well @Gigantopithecus, you may have some good points.  But your CL is widely regarded as a boring fuckstick with the charisma of an exhausted factory worker at the end or a hard week.  He's also devoid of the soft skills needed to be anything other than a dithering place-holder.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $520,000 Tip

He is generally a nice person and makes one hell of a taco casserole.

The only person I've seen who thinks that is you MisterCuck.  Constantly runnin your mouth but to afraid to do anything. 

Report Post Tip

g0d, that's no way to talk to @Gigantopithecus

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $500,000 Tip

They say the decaying megacorpse of a basketball coach still poisons the soil under the city. The water is undrinkable. Nothing will grow. Sneaker sounds squeak out of the public toilets at night. RIP to the dead. There was never any hope. Just today another allied prowacker met his maker. A powerful omen from a cruel city.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

I have no feelings towards Music one way or the other and don't think their removal merits a defence, but mediocrity would be a giant leap forwards for many around here based upon the criteria you've assessed Detroit. Innovation? Entirely absent, and Street presence? Don't make me fucking laugh. This is the most popular speech Transistor has ever given, which would still be true if only you had turned up to give a response. Aside from shooting their own pro wackers and then asking for witnesses to it, presumably to point and laugh at Gillian again, what is anyone doing besides existing that deserves a mention? 

A cursory glance at the VIP list shows that Las Vegas are narrowly edging the now deceased Detroit, thanks solely to Hugo and his 3 appearances, one of which was just now, and take Rufus out of NY and you've got Gillian trickling in the only other noticeable contribution from that city. So half the country is actually fucking worthless.

Why are you so angry Tomato? Dont be sad. All will be well.

Report Post Tip
Anger is not the most important view in life, ageeing fully with Gillian.

Taking RufusWatchdog out of NY???

Hd stays there whatever a tomato says, make sure of that.

Shit happens, we all know this :p
Report Post Tip

Oh I'm not angry, Gil. I can see why it might seem like it to someone stupid enough to kill their own pro wacker, only I was framing my reply using the same language that Gigantopithecus used. It is a common literary device. Maybe that will come up during your next class with Spike if he finds the time?

Anyway, I would say alarmed is a more accurate description of my current disposition. I knew it was bad but I didn't actually realise it was this bad. 6 districts with no contribution at all and the others barely much better. That's pretty terrible really, isn't it?

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $60,000 Tip

"So much anger and entitlement, TomatoPantsJones! Relax a little bit, cherish life! Why don't we drink and celebrate together? We might even start telling jokes and laughing, what do you think?"

How do you fix a broken tomato? With tomato paste.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $1,020,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Day The Music Died
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL