Get Timers Now!
X

May 02 - 06:45:21
Page:  1 
A Wake for the DeadIrishman (Godfather Thread) Started by: Amira on Apr 17, '24 15:57

The affair, while not as glitzy and glamourous as it usually was for this type of celebration, was no less jaw-dropping in it's presentation. Once again, the grand lobby of the Seraphinium had been transformed for an event like no other. This time, celebrating the ascension of L.A.'s latest Godfather, DeadIrishman. For such an occasion, Amira had decided that a black-tie, tux-and-tails kind of party just didn't fit the bill. No; this time it would be a party more befitting the man himself. 

The serving tables were, in fact, open caskets loaded with food. One held trays of beef and Guinness pies, sandwiches made with ham or roast beef and cheese, potato cakes with bacon, and individual bowls of a hearty vegetable stew with a fabulous aroma that filled the air. The other casket table was full of baked goods; tarts and little cakes of all kinds. The bar was fully stocked, and there were two extra Angels tending, in expectation of quite a lot of drinking at this particular party. Across from the bar, a band Amira had hired from a pub not far from her own place was warming up to entertain guests with traditional Irish folk music and drinking songs. There were arrangements of candles and flowers placed around the room- and despite the theme being a "wake," the whole room looked quite cheerful.

The Seraphinium's famous Angels were fit for the party, as well. Each wore a short green dress with a brown leather under bust corset that "accentuated" their bustline nicely. The rest of the hired wait staff were dressed in the normal black slacks and white button up shirts. A large cask of imported ale was on a wooden stand and was being tapped and served near the serving tables. 

At about five minutes til eight, Amira gave the band a nod to start playing, so the atmosphere would be right as the guests began to arrive. She looked over the room once more, checking to make sure everything looked just right. 

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $160,000 Tip

The journey over from Downtown wasn't a long one. Having picked out the suit he wished to wear, he stood in front of the mirror and adjusted his tie before placing his tall signature top hat upon his head and then venturing outside where his ride was waiting.

The Seraphinium had been one of his favourite places to visit in recent times. Whether it was to discuss high value drug deals on one of the VIP floors, or to celebrate an occasion, it never failed to deliver in terms of the sights and beauty it offered. As he arrived, yet again, Amira had done the impossible. The place was jaw droppingly magnificent. Entering the building, he walked over to greet her, offering a warm embrace before complimenting her on the decorations, food, ambience, everything.

"My sweet Amira, what can I say, this place looks absolutely stunning. Thank you for letting us use your establishment once again. I know you are more than familiar with the work Irish has done for me, for Hollywood, for the City as a whole. This is his shining moment and a chance for the City to give back. A chance for him to take the rank he has earned and his rightful seat as the Godfather of that District."

Hearing a few more cars begin to arrive, he turned and smiled as Amira remaining by his side.

"Looks like more of our guests have started to arrive, right on time."

Report Post Tip

Sinfest couldn't help but feel a little excited for today. He even put on his bestest suit and combed his unruly blond hair. As he arrived to the big party he had a twinkle in his eye. What was even more shocking was that Sinfest was actually on time. He saw Tyki_Mikk looking dapper as ever and waved to Amira, busy telling some waiter something and making sure everything was perfect. It really was going to be a great party.

Sinfest took a seat and requested an ale. He lit a cigarette or atleast what appeared to be one but the smell of it was more skunky than the usual smell of tobacco. Whatever it was it sure seemed to make Sinfest happy. A shit eating grin was most definitely plastered on his face as he took a sip from his ale and waited for the party to really start

Report Post Tip

The black sedan pulled up to The Seraphinium along with a couple others and Meadow sneakily looked out the window of her car, just before the door to her side was opened and she stepped outside. Grabbing her purse along the way, she placed her beige heels on the ground and grabbed the hand of her bodyguard as she slowly but steadily stood up. She smiled brightly when she heard the slightly muffled tones of the Irish folk music blasting through some of the open windows of the grand building. She walked inside, and felt the wind on her legs as her backless black evening dress ruffled against the wind. Tonight was another night for big celebration, and she was excited to celebrate, party and dance the night away in a proper Irish way.

Inside she spotted Tyki and Amira end went over to greet the two. The grand hall of the magnificent building looked stunning as ever. The Angels were surely dressed for the occasion as well, she noticed. She stood along with the others, waiting and greeting the people as they entered and excitedly waiting for the guest of honour to arrive. 

Report Post Tip

Ivy stepped out of her ride in a long black cocktail dress, something a little less glittery then her normal attire in hopes it would let the spot light shine on the true start of the evening. As she entered the lobby she took a moment to take in the view. She needed to stop by the Seraphinium more often. Amira always had things looking incredible. 

After a moment, she threaded her way across the room to join Tyki and Amira. As her eyes adjusted, she smiled at Meadow and Sinfest as well. "Everything looks fit for a Deadman's Party Amira. He's gonna love it." Ivy holds up a small box. "Brought a small tribute, should make him chuckle at least. When's the man of the hour arriving?"

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

These events were, without a doubt, Amira's favorite parts of her job; and the people beginning to arrive and join around her and Tyki were exactly the reason why. She hugged Meadow, who she hadn't seen in far too long, and returned a wave at Sinfest as he settled into a freshly poured ale as the band fired up. With Ivy's compliment to the surroundings, Amira smiled and nodded her thanks, giving the L.A. family head and her friend a kiss on each cheek. 

"I'm not going to ask you what is in that box, because I want to be as surprised as he is; but I am now deathly curious."

Green wasn't a color she wore often. For that matter, color wasn't a color she wore often outside of black, red, and gray. But for this particular occasion, she'd made a special exception. Slipping off her familiar gray coat, she gave Tyki a little wink and then twirled once in front of Meadow and Ivy, wearing a Kelly green calf-length swing dress with halter top and sweetheart neckline. Running diagonally from right shoulder to the waist were strips of orange and white, so when she twirled, the whole thing looked like the Irish flag waving in a breeze.

"What do you think? Appropriate for such a celebration?"

Report Post Tip

Tussy_ casually wandered over the the Seraphinium, then realised that the crowds had already started to arrive in their droves. Not one to be late, he stepped up the pace, and at a half trot made his way up to the glamorous hall. Dressed in finest greens, he couldn't help but chuckle to himself. 'How often do I get to wear my native colours?' he thought to himself, as he spotted Meadow, Amira, Tyki_Mikk, Ivy and Sinfest already mingling. 'Arse' he muttered under his breath, 'thought I'd have made it sooner than this!'.

'Good evening all!' he managed, struggling to hide he's a little out of breath. 'What an absolutely glorious occasion to be celebrating, and as always it looks absolutely perfect and topical!'. He smiled at Amira, knowing she wouldn't have missed a single step, with all exactly as it should be and ready for the man of the hour.

Report Post Tip

Streetfame races to the Seraphinium suited up and sees most of the important people of LA already arrived already. as Streetfame standups from his motor he sees Ivy walking into the building.

Damn I need to hurry for this party!

As streetfame walks into the building he looks all around him and is very impressed how Amira decorated everything. Streetfame walks over to Ivy and stands next to her.

Well Ivy this is going to be something. Don't get to drunk I don't want to get all glitters over my new suit. Streetfame starts laughing.

I cant wait for the big man showing up. He will be so happy.

Report Post Tip

Irish had gotten a call from Amira about a meeting and needing to dress nice, It was not unusual to get a call like this as his boss often held meetings with other leaders and with various business partners. So he dressed in his nice black suit which was hand tailored by the best suit maker in town. He slipped his hat on and headed for the door. 

He arrived at the Seraphinium to see a line of cars. He got out and made his way up the steps into the hall to be met by the sound of music from back home. He stopped as he entered the room, completely surprised by the sight in front of him. What seemed like a wake was actually a party. It hit him then as he scanned the room and saw his Boss Tyki_Mikk with Amira and Meadow that he had walked into a surprise party and that Lady Amira had went all out in his honor.

He turned and made his way to the Godfather Chairman with a smile on his face. He walked up and greeted his Boss as he was the head of the city. "Sir I do believe I have been deceived in being summoned here," he said with a chuckle before turning to Lady Amira, "I assume you are the one responsible for this?" he asked as he gave her a gentle hug before commenting that she looked amazing as always.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

With a smile from ear to ear, Amira gave L.A.'s Deadman a hug. 

"Guilty as charged. But it's well deserved, and we're all so proud of you. Congratulations, Irish. And save me a jig later, yeah?"

She gave him a kiss on each cheek before passing him on to receive the rest of his guests. 

Report Post Tip

Ivy steps forwards and pulls DeadIrishman into a hug before holding open the small box for him.

"Figured you'd need a new Tie. Had this one made up in my finest green glitter. The gravestone over the knot is Silver with your family crest. I had three of them made. This one, one in black and one in my signature rainbow glitter. Just to remind you that you're a shining star. I had the other two sent to your HQ with orders to deliver it after you left for this."

Ivy closes the box and places it in Irish's hand with a grin as she watches a pair of her guards move in behind him with a large bucket of glitter. As she steps back the two upend the bucket over the newest Godfather.

"Congrats hun, you deserve this!"

Report Post Tip

Seanie could never resist an Irish funeral. A perfect opportunity to get pissed.

We here to celebrate the life of a dead Irish man? He is a *hic* legend and will forever *hic* be remembered for being a *hic* badass in the coffee shops.

Seanie notices DeadIrishman in the corner of the room.

Fuck me! I need to lay off the poitín!

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $220,000 Tip

He could see the man of the hour was surrounded on all sides by well-wishers and friends of old, so Tussy_ waited at the sensible place where he knew DeadIrishman would eventually turn up. When the big man approached the bar, he turned to face him and extended out his hand, at a slight angle. As he did so, Tussy_ looked him dead in the eye and started talking in the old tongue. 

'Comhghairdeachas leat, a Dhaid. Ní féidir liom smaoineamh ar aon duine atá tuillte ag an onóir!' he exclaimed, before proceeding to buy him two pints, that his hands may never be empty.

Report Post Tip

He watched with a content smile as the various high profile members of the mafia community began to wish Irish on his ascension to the rank of Godfather. The man had done a great deal not only for the district assigned to him, but for the City as a whole. This honour, was one that was truly deserved. As a free moment arrived, Tyki took a step closer to Irish and extended his hand, shaking his with that of the newest Godfathers.

"My father spoke highly of yours, how his loyalty and work ethic were second to none. To see you rise in the ranks and finally take your place as the true head of a district, it makes me proud. You have worked hard and you have earned this spot my friend. Continue on and wear this title with honour, Godfather of Hollywood."

Report Post Tip

I had received a call to show up to a promotion party. I dressed up in my finest black suit to pay my respects. Me the small fry on the block walks into the grand event looking to see what the event was all about. As I arrive I am greeted by Amira who fills me in on the details of the occasion. I knew there was nothing else to do but show my face to my boss congratulate him and pay my respects. I approach DeadIrishman and kiss both of his hands as any new blood on the block would. I slip DeadIrishman my taxes owed and 2lbs of the finest weed that I had been pushing on the Los Angeles streets. It was truly a grand event!

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $200,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Wake for the DeadIrishman (Godfather Thread)
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL