Get Timers Now!
X

May 03 - 21:49:04
Page:  1 
A Great Leader Needs Celebrated. Started by: Ivy on Apr 20, '24 21:06

In the early hours of the 20th, @Ivy and @Amira giggle quietly as they sit outside a local coffee shop. Basking in LA's early April sun, they wait for @ Tyki_Mikk to get there, a brief case with a bow on it between them.

It'd been a long week, but when @Falka showed up to their Friday club night asking about Tyki's birthday plans, the group had sobered up quickly and scrambled to get a gift together. A whispered race ensued, gathering as many donations and signatures as possible. They'd worked hard to gather everything while keeping Tyki in the dark, but the time had come.

As Tyki walked up, the girls stand and Amira loops an arm through his, pulling him along with the two of them. Ivy smiles slyly at Tyki and hands him a card she'd had going around to all the city uppers the past 24 hours. "Happy Birthday, Tyki, Hope you don't mind, we thought a little surprise was in order."

Tyki_Mikk;

Count your life by smiles, not tears.

Count your age by friends, not years.

Happy birthday from all of us to you.

Amira takes point as Ivy points out all the signatures, the two doing their best to keep him distracted as they round the corner into a local bar. As they entered, the lights pop on and Amira leads Tyki into a joint chorus of "Surprise!"

The gals half drag Tyki to a table next to a giant multi tiered cake. Finally, Amira sets the brief case in front of him. "I didn't let Ivy touch it, so if it's full of glitter, blame Irish. I special ordered it for you and just got the last details on it this morning. Everyone chipped in to buy it for you. Happy Birthday!"

As Tyki checks out the fine leather case, the cake wobbles a bit and while everyone turns to look, Falka pops out the top yelling "SURPRISE!" Ivy and Amira looks at each other and start busting up laughing.

Report Post Tips: 23 / Total: $1,440,000 Tip

Falka have been relishing the idea of his GFC birthday for the past few weeks. He had a brilliant idea of organising a surprise party for his Godfather Tyki. As Falka knows HOW much GFC Tyki loves and adores surprises. He loves it that much that Falka has started writing he's goodbye memoirs just in case this backfires on him. As Lady Ivy and Lady Amira had prepared the whole event. All Falka had to do was get suited and booted and make himself useful by hiding inside, to what seems to be the biggest ever cake Falka has ever seen.

Girls! You can fit two Falka's inside this thing. Before Falka headed inside the cake, he whispered to Irish. Please make sure the GFC is not holding any guns, knifes or anything that can hurt me, because I too have a surprise for our GFC. Falka steps inside the cake while little sis Amira closes the lid and arranges the top of the cake so nothing look suspicious. What they didn't know was that Falka started getting undress so when he jumps out they can see a full monty show of Falka, a Magic Mike kind of thing.

Surprise! Damn it's cold in here. Happy Birthday Boss. Yes i'll put some clothes on before going anywhere near you. But Happy Birthday Sir.

Report Post Tips: 6 / Total: $1,100,000 Tip

Amira takes her time thinking of what to write, but it doesn't take long before the right words come to her. Settling into a seat with a pen, she writes her message neatly near the top. 

"Several years ago, you extended your hand to a terrified young woman and said, "will you take my hand and come join me here? It's okay, you can trust me." I've never forgotten what you did for me that day, and I'm so fortunate that it was your car I scrambled into. Forever by your side. Happy Birthday; my Godfather, and my hero. Love, Amira

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $1,040,000 Tip

Irish sits down to write hoping to keep his words short. Tyki_Mikk my dear friend and beloved Godfather Chairman, There are not enough words to express how grateful I am to work with you and will always remember what you have given me. May you have many more years of happiness and joy, Happy Birthday Bossman.

Sincerely you're friend 

Irish

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

Sitting down on the chair and looking at the empty card in front of her, Meadow swirled the pen between her hands thoughtfully. It was a big day, albeit a tiny bit late she knew she wanted to put her thought into words regarding her boss and friend. Finally she decided to go with a proper birthday card approach, and started drawing a lot of decorative/festive doodles first (She had never been the best artist, but tried to calm herself by saying it is the thought that counts.)

Dear Tyki,” she said out loud as she wrote exactly that on the card. “I want to start this off with saying how much I appreciate you and all you have done and do for me and the city. You are a wonderful man, and I could not be happier to be by your side and to have met a person as you. You are an amazing boss and friend, and I have sincerely enjoyed all the time I have known you. I wish you and yours an amazing day, hopefully filled with joy and laughter and celebration. Thank you for everything, and happy birthday!” Feeling glad she could translate her thoughts to written words, she signed the bottom of the card along with saying it outloud to herself.

Best Wishes,

Meadow.

Todd, admittedly, has never spoken to directly to Tyki- the great godfather-chairman of LA. Partly, out of fear- and not because Tyki was a dangerous man, which of course he was. But Tyki was so well respected in the LA community and the entire crime world and Todd didn't know how to approach a man like that. 

Todd, however, heard it was Tyki's birthday and party invites were given out to lots of people in LA including himself. Todd felt it'd be the perfect time to thank him for his dedication and work all of the people in LA and also grease the wheels a little bit.

When he sees a moment when Tyki isn't busy, he approaches the godfather and puts out his hand to shake "I am Todd, an associate of Streetfame- and The Glitterazzi Firm. I would like to wish you a very very happy birthday and a thank you for all you've done to the people of this city. As a gift to you on this wonderful day, I offer you a custom-made watch from my new watch shop in LA that I personally hand-crafted for you." Todd takes out a small box and opens it, showing it off Tyki. 

"As you can see, it's made from mix of silver and titanium to represent both your wealth and unyielding strength. On the side, a master calligrapher engraved your name "Tyki Mikk" in small lettering. The strap is made of the finest black leather straight from Mumbai. I hope you like it. Once again, have an excellent birthday."

Todd walks to the other parts of the party to go grab himself a drink.

Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $330,000 Tip

As they arrived at the bar, a chorus of "Surprise" hitting his ear drums with enough force that it could near shatter glass, he couldn't help but break his stone gaze and smile. Stepping forwards, he removed his top hat and place the base against his chest.

"Well, aren't you all quite the devious bunch huh. I will admit, I didn't expect any of this."

Right at that moment, Falka burst out of the cake, body completely on show, as Tyki instinctively drew his pistol.

"I thought I told you about jumping out like this and surprising people! Where are your damn clothes too man?"

The whole room laughed in unison. He had seen all of these attendees grow so much. From their early days as Thugs with potential, to now running their own families and Districts, or being stuck as Hands to the one whom they called, GFC. They were all family to him.

"Thank you to all of you present, plus I give thanks also to those who contributed but were unable to make the party. You know who you are. This was a birthday unlike any other and I appreciate it all."

Right at that moment, one of Ivy's family approached him. The man was slightly nervous but also very respectful as he stepped forward. The reason why then became obvious. He presented the most spectacular of custom made pieces, a watch that was unrivalled in craftsmanship and quality. Tyki glared at the watch in awe, in some weird paradox, time seemed to slow down as the ticks of the hands echoed to him. He smiled to the young gentleman and placed his hand upon their shoulder.

"Todd, I believe your name was. I have heard about you before infact, Ivy has been informing me of all the good work you have been doing for her over in Pasadena. This piece, is truly spectacular. I thank you for this and give my word, that it shall be forever cherished."

Heading to the bar, he slyly slapped down a bundle of notes for the barkeep, giving them a quick wink before anyone in attendance noticed.

"Shhh, don't tell the crowd. Just a bit extra, keep the drinks flowing."

Report Post Tips: 10 / Total: $2,270,000 Tip

After ensuring Falka had something to wipe the frosting off his....frosting nozzle, and a cloak to allow him to make a speedy retreat and dress in appropriate attire for such an esteemed event, Tussy_ made his way over to the bar. He could see the man of the hour was beset on all sides by well wishers and birthday punters, so he quietly sat back and when Tyki_Mikk looked over, simply raised his glass of whisky and nodded knowingly. He would get his chance to wish the man a happy birthday in person soon enough, but for now was content to sit and watch the festivities. 

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $140,000 Tip

SpikeS arrives late to the party, as usual, and barely dressed, if, arguably at all, as he's only holding a sock. 

Happy Birthday Tyki_Mikk. It has been a good year, surely! I am quite upset to have missed Falka coming out... of a cake! But now I am here to join in the celebration!

SpikeS goes to find some vodka, and sees Al-Bundy playing in his litter box. Bad cat. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $200,000 Tip

ChilleDeCastro steps up to the perimeter of the surprise party and immediately starts documenting. He does not enter the party or take any of the food. He simply observes the party briefly to document the attendees and then makes his way to the street to document the things he is able to see from outside the party

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Great Leader Needs Celebrated.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL