Get Timers Now!
X

May 09 - 21:31:32
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Signing Crew Rules Started by: ChilleDeCastro on Apr 26, '24 14:00
ChilleDeCastro, you do raise a thought-provoking topics, which I am reflecting on as lawful and legitimate business leader. There is a point that is of interest to me.

"Under no circumstances should one be entering a binding contract upon first ending a crew."

I actually don't disagree with this sentiment here. I will expand further; however, for this conversation and in the spirit of having some dialogue, I will disclose some confidential information.

My HQ contains the family tenets, Omerta, Onore, Sangue, and Famiglia, and how those principles are to be implemented in our thing "rules." Members are asked to read and acknowledge they have read and understood this content, and the purpose is to confirm that the expectation is clear.

In a few instances, I recall providing an exit ramp to new initiates at this junction when communicating the family's expectations, "If this doesn't work for you, you can move; good luck."

I can't speak for other organizations, but for me, from gangster to wiseguy, the initiate is on a trial period, and frankly, so am I as their prospective leader. However, at a particular junction, if or when the right conditions are met, a particular set of books may open, one last exit ramp is offered, and a particular binding contract is presented. Again, I can't speak for other organizations, but this contract is taken seriously and is what separates our thing from the common... errr lawful and legitimate businessman.
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip
Honored to hear your thoughts Mr. Giaquinta. Great food for thought to those unsure of how to navigate this thing of ours. And I appreciate everyone allowing me to assemble on your streets and represent the people of organized crime who have not been formally initiated.

I would be curious what an internal audit of sorts would reveal if leaders checked who had and hadn’t signed. I fear the numbers would be staggering and not staggering in the good way either. But I am quite certain I’m not alone in signature refusal

Follow this guide when chatting with members of La Cosa Nostra

Rule Number 1: NEVER ANSWER QUESTIONS

Rule Number 2: See Rule Number 1

Rule Number 3: Document EVERYTHING 

Sprite had listened to this persons speech and was impressed by it, sort of... but it all soon faded down when they saw the banner being held by this person. The didnt want others to sign rules but their own banner told to Document EVERYTHING which felt very ironic.

Sprite shakes his bum one time and turns away and hops on his merry way

Report Post Tip

Yes, you should document everything. And you should follow but not sign any crew rules list. It’s not ironic at all actually. It should be widely known and clearly it is not. That is where I come in. And I’ll be documenting this as well. You should too. I’m not just looking out for my best interests here, I’m looking out for everyone’s.  Yours included.

Report Post Tip

What if signing the rules saves your life and makes you millions of pounds of currency?

Report Post Tip
Sorry TransvisionVAMP, I don’t answer questions. You have a nice day.
Report Post Tip
I will say this though Mr. TransvisionVAMP, a bit of a confession, part of my motivation to even bring this debates to the streets was because it was something that I thought my peers would agree with. Kind of like a thing that everybody is thinking but are just waiting for someone else to say it aloud. I was appalled by the number of counter arguments. In fact, out of everyone, only Melis had the courage to speak out and agree with everything I had to say. Thats one person out of the entire mafia. I was under the totally wrong assumption that this was common sense but I have clearly misestimated. Maybe people are content blindly following the status quo, singing their names to binding contracts and submitting their shot reports. Don’t even get me started on those.
Report Post Tip

I've just joined a crew, but I pledge NOT to sign the rules.

Who's got a million bucks for me?

I find that loyalty respect comradarie etc should be automatic of a member and should be enough for protection and enlistment i agreevwith stripe 100% not just to agree but wholeheartedly agree 👌 I'm glad I have joined the family it was recent but since then I have felt nothing but welcome and didn't need a binding contract to want to stay
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
Error on my last post sorry striphe not stripe was the correct spelling and I thought he had posted it upon looking closer it was not him
Are you obligated to sign: In word "yes"

You sign to show respect and loyalty to your family and read the rules some are different.
I've removed people from families before because they have not sign.

From a CL standpoint how else do we know that you respect or are loyal to the family.

You can choose to lie and sign anyway but death comes to the unloyal soon enough.
Report Post Tip
Its so weird to read some lines in here.

Not signing rules is a way you dont stand behind your crew and the leaders why then even being in in a crew, stay out and shut it plz.

Mafia world is a family game there all in a crew stands together.

Some ppl has issues for sure.

Rufus just shakes his head.
Report Post Tip

There are rules! You break the rules, and this whole goddamn thing of ours cracks and crumbles! You never break the rules.

its the code we live by.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $220,000 Tip

Take this for what you will, and I accept that I may even catch some flak for this statement but I feel it is important nonetheless.

I do not sign rules. Never have and never will

I find it unnecessary and leads to a rabid, cult-like following with little room for free-thinking and rational decision making. Frankly I find it quite concerning so many have come out to recite doctrine without understanding the purpose behind it. 

It's always been a very simple thought for me. If you can't trust a person's word, what good is their signature on a piece of paper? 

I sign the crew rules 100% of the time, because it makes my crew leader happy.  I like when my crew leader is happy. 

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Signing Crew Rules
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL