Get Timers Now!
X

May 09 - 23:03:14
Page:  1 
You dirty rat? Started by: Sal_Giaquinto on Apr 27, '24 17:34

Sal sat quietly in a booth in the Excelsior Lounge, sipped his little cup of espresso, and observed those gathered in his establishment. He recognized Warden Joe Delaney. Like his counterparts across the six cities, the warden was flush with cash. Sal reflected on the wealth that the warden had accumulated. Occasionally, he paid for information that the warden had provided. While reflecting quietly, he began to feel disgusted about where the information originated... RATS!  Those gathered with Sal noticed the discomfort on his face. Sal began to speak.

"Today, I present a matter that has been tugging at my heart and involves our sacred code...the" 

Sal pauses as a civilian walks by his booth. Once the outsider is out of his earshot, he begins to speak again.

"Omerta".

"As many of you know, the wardens across the six cities are fat-rich cats, with their iron grip on information concerning our thing from supposed friends within our thing. For a measly 5,000 bucks or a reduced prison sentence, a "friends of ours" or an associate alike can trade information on wackings, attempted wackings, and even pickpocketing. Later, interested parties can interface with the warden and purchase this information.

"This exchange raises questions: Is this initial trade a direct violation of the Omerta? One can argue that the wardens have not been known to use this information to incarcerate our friends; however, the Omerta tells us to keep our mouths shut and not to collaborate with law enforcement."

"...maybe I'm a purist, an old-fashioned mustache Pete, but how does everyone else feel about this?"

Report Post Tips: 25 / Total: $1,257,777 Tip

Well, like anything - I think that OMERTA is the expectation.  But - over time sometimes things like that erode for various reasons. 

Don't worry - Y'all needn't worry about me because I'm not a popular guy and have no friends because I am so annoying.  BUT - There are people out there who have accumulated friendships from past ancestries which they value more highly than perhaps the crew leader whom they do not know that well.  OMERTA don't matter to them that much.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

OMERTÀ is of utmost importance. Water erodes everything but blood between family thickens.
When this happens between two individual parties not of the same family, this erodes trust. I understand being friendly. However,  when you loosen your blood tie with your family, you’re collapsing Omerta. It isn’t an expectation. Expectations are faltered every day. It’s a command. Otherwise, you'd be a smelly rat that’s disobedient and should be treated as such. 

Sin wasn’t sure if she was aggressive or not aggressive enough. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $220,000 Tip
Thanks Pest , I wanted to my expand that my sentiment towards Omerta isn't just within a family or a crew, but a quote, unquote "professional courtesy" between members of our thing. Professional courtesy probably isn't the best choice of words here but I hope you get the idea.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Has anybody here read Systematic Immolation of Thought?

I think it can help us answer all these important questions, and perhaps even more.

Report Post Tip

Not one mafioso alive hasn't told anyone anything.  How would anything get done?

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: You dirty rat?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL