Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 02:54:31
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Should I Run Another Writing Competition? Started by: Kuku on May 08, '24 14:00

Should I Run Another Writing Competition?

My lineage is famous, internationally, for a number of things.  Youngest and lowest ranked Godfather of a city, Street Orator of the Year, Leader of the Streets more times than anyone can count.

But mostly, for inventing, and then running, the most engaging writing competitions that this thing has ever seen.

Who here remembers Scooter?  Virtually nobody, am I right?  Well you should, because he died by his own stupidity trying to rig a writing competition.  I suppose it makes sense that with such big money available, casualties can and do mount, but I have learned from my ancestor's mistakes.  If I were to run another writing competition, I would abandon it if too many people died. 

I'd also put a moratorium on awarding prizes to non-entrants.  I've come to believe that it isn't really fair.  I mean, some people work hard to write and enter the competition, and why should those that don't get to win a prize?  Some people, and I won't say who, have a lot to answer for, in my opinion.

So I've got an idea.  I'll put up $10m, and hopefully others will kick in as well.  We'll nominate three INDEPENDENT judges, and we'll take it from there.

IS THE TIME RIGHT FOR ANOTHER KUKU WRITING COMPETITION?
Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $10,080,000 Tip

I think anything that brings activity to our streets and gets people out here, especially new people is a great thing.

Goes to his piggy bank and gives it a shake

Report Post Tip
Yes, as long as it not is another scam competition which we truly not need.

Ad StripheCorelli said it could be good.

Rufus gets back to his sofa to watch another good game that he hopes germans win.
Report Post Tip

RufusWatchdog - can you explain what you mean?

Report Post Tip

I do believe that he is insinuating you would run a scam competition. Rufus, that is a hefty accusation. I hope you have some sort of proof to back it up. It's very disrespectful to suggest that the city of Philadelphia would allow such a thing to take place.

Report Post Tips: 6 / Total: $120,000 Tip
Rufus hope he is wrong but really don't know it 100%

I lay down this and let it go out of my brain a while.

Make sure if starting it it will go well guys. Over & Out
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

RufusWatchdog - I think we have two choices here:

A sit-down to discuss your accusations 

Or

You make a donation to the prize fund.

Willie_G_Skull - do you think this seems fair?

Report Post Tip

Had I been accused of being unethical, I would be far less tolerant, but yes, I think that sounds more than fair. And I am confident that Rufus cares enough about encouraging street activity to either resolve the conflict or contribute to the fund, so that we may get things moving forward again.

It truly has been a long time since we've seen a good competition in the streets. A very long time. Put me down for a $1 million contribution to the fund.

Report Post Tip

I think we’ve reached the point where getting people out to say literally anything is more beneficial than sitting here weeks on end doing nothing! I might start up some debates again since it’s about time I hit these shores in a while.

No scams, no tricks, just casual competitions. Something to do, fun to be had.

I could care less about the parties involved as long as the end goal is realized!

Report Post Tip

Thank you PlagueDoctor  - a positive, engaging contribution.  Just what the doctor ordered!

Would you like to donate to the prize fund?

Report Post Tip

If we get some decent viewership and participants willing to contribute even before it’s officially announced I’d be happy to help. Until we get some fresh faces though we’ll have to see how interested people are. Shouldn’t be too difficult though, especially considering there’s a decent lack of posts or participation that isn’t more family-oriented or restricted. Casual conversations are needed!

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

KRZYHarvey_Specter?  @Tom_Hagan?  DangerCloseAllieFastFingerFreddyKennyRusso?

What do you say - let's get this conversation going?

Report Post Tip
Let's see if new writers come to join your initiative. We can use some more activity here indeed. I will see where this is going, if successful I can donate something
Report Post Tip

We might also need a vague idea on what topics or settings we’ll be focusing on for said competition Kuku. That might also peak some interest if people knew what they would be writing about! Running the telegram boy off to everyone’s front door only works for so long.

Report Post Tip

$78,000,000 says this will never happen.

Report Post Tip

Knock Knock

Who's there?

Transistor

Did nobody listen to the speech again?

Report Post Tip

A massive bullfrog jumps out of the weeds. Some might say he is about 20cm. Could be the largest in North America. Champion jumper? Almost certainly.

He utters but one sound: "Ribbit"- but you as the listener knew what it meant:

"I understand you lack the fortitude to have a conversation, so you've paid an outside company to divert my messages from your inbox to the shredder for fear of the truth. But hear me, and hear me well if you have the brain cells left to convert the sound waves to thoughts.

If you continue to harass Godmother Teyla we will need to have a sit down of our own. I'll happily jump first."

Report Post Tip

LongLeggedLarry - is the new interest in a sitdown because it would be quadruple the size of an audience you're used to having?

Yet more false allegations from you, a man whose sense of honour, and intellect, is matched only by the derisory attendance at his speeches.

I have already demanded a sit-down with Teyla due to a number of dishonourable actions from her upper structure.

Your threat is like your street presence: laughable, weak, and boring

Report Post Tip
RufusWatchdog were right and truly stands behind LongLeggedLarry good words.

Pretending things like you do kuku aint good at all.

Having a debt like you and then trying to say it isnt you is a shamefull way of life.

But are we surprised?
Report Post Tip

OK @RugusWatchDog, let's play your DISHONOURABLE game.  You owe me $156m, from that time you cheated at a competition.

Unacceptable, isn't it?  To lie and slander.  That's why I did it simply to demonstrate the dire lack of standards in your crew.

See you at the sitdown 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Should I Run Another Writing Competition?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL