Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 22:44:13
Page:  1 
Premier League Sports Betting with Sprozza. Started by: Sprozz on Jan 16, '12 23:15

For this weekend's Premier league football (Premier League games falling on Saturday Jan 21 and Sunday Jan 22) I will be taking bets on the accumulative predicted outcomes of all 10 games. If this becomes more popular and generates a lot of interest, in the coming weeks I will broaden betting to include individual games with individual betting markets within those games.

However, for the first week, I will keep things exceedingly simple and fairly low key simply to gauge if there is any interest for this before I go to considerable effort only to find no one is that arsed.. First things first, here are the Premier League games this weekend: (All kick off times are GMT)

Saturday, 21 January 2012
Norwich v Chelsea, 12:45
Everton v Blackburn, 15:00
Fulham v Newcastle, 15:00
QPR v Wigan, 15:00
Stoke v West Brom, 15:00
Sunderland v Swansea, 15:00
Wolverhampton v Aston Villa, 15:00
Bolton v Liverpool, 17:30

Sunday, 22 January 2012
Man City v Tottenham, 13:30
Arsenal v Man Utd, 16:00

In this first week of betting, you simply have 2 options.

1) Standard Accumulator Bet
Returns 10x initial stake. For example, a successful bet of 10k will return 100k plus your initial 10k bet

In a standard accumulator, you must bet on all 10 premier league matches for the bet to be valid. You will make your 10 selections betting either on a home win, an away win, or a draw. All 10 of your selections must be correct for your bet to be successful. If you make 9 correct predictions and 1 incorrect prediction, you win nothing.

1)Goal Rush Bet
Returns 7.5x initial stake. For example, a successful bet of 10k will return 75k plus your initial 10k bet

In a goal rush bet, you do not have to correctly predict the outcome of the game, only whether both teams will score or not. Simply put, if you bet on both teams to score and one or both teams keep a clean sheet; you lose the bet regardless of who wins the match. If you bet against both teams to score and neither team keeps a clean sheet; you lose the bet regardless of who wins the match.

- If you wish to make a bet, please mail me with a subject that makes the fact you are betting clear, include each game and your predicted result or whether both teams will score (depending on the bet you are placing) and transfer me your wager.
- The maximum stake I will accept this week is 150k
- You can bet on both a goal rush and an accumulator, but may not make more than 1 wager for each type of bet.
- Bets made after Saturday Jan 21 12:00 will not be honoured but your stake will not be returned.
- Bets made in this thread rather than in mobmail will not be honoured but your stake will not be returned
- These are the only bets for which I'm taking wagers this weekend. To reiterate, if this is popular, I will expand the range of betting and include odds from a legitimate gambling site. I won't do this until I know it's worth the hassle, however.
- If you have any questions, mail me, reply to this thread, or give me a shout on irc.

Sprozz.

Report Post Tip

Jan 16, '12 23:20 Your accountant has made payment of $150,000 to Sprozz.

Spot on mate. I've never won an accumulator before in my life. If I win this one for MR money... I will NOT be a happy scouse.

Report Post Tip

Glad somebody's doing this, don't think the odds on the accumulator are really fair considering the chances of winning but fuck it, s'only mafia money :P Will place a bet as soon as I'm flush!

Report Post Tip

Only 10x for picking 10 correct results? Thanks, but no thanks!

However 7.5 for Goal rush isn't so bad.

Report Post Tip

Tbh Animal, the odds for both are much much shorter than what you'd find on a proper betting site. I'd certainly never take on a 10 game accumulator (specially in the prem) for shorter odds than even 100/1 perhaps!

That being said, if I mimicked legitimate odds from the big bookmakers I'd never have the bankroll to insure against big bets meaning I'd have to set a lower cap...end result is the time invested wouldn't make it at all worthwhile on my part.

Still, depending on how this first week goes, adjusting odds on an ongoing basis is certainly something I'll plan on.

Report Post Tip

Oh I know Sprozz, i've ran bookies here before and its always more hassle than its worth. I enjoy betting, so im glad someone has decided to take it on. I'll likely be a regular if you get it all set up with proper odds etc. But right now there isn't enough incentive for me really

Report Post Tip

Despite relative interest, there have surprisingly been no winners this weekend! Personally, I put this down to every gambler betting on Liverpool to either win or to keep a clean sheet. Ridiculous!

On monday or tuesday this week, I'll be taking bets on the on the next round of PL games (on Tuesday 31st Jan and Wednesday 1st Feb) as frankly the FA cup 4th round is too big of a match programme for me to make the effort.

Although I won't yet totally mirror the odds you'll find at the big name bookies, I will include more options including the amount of games you can include in your bet with appropriate odds.

Report Post Tip

I'll have some of that action when the time comes, coupon buster this week in all fairness, those 12:30 kick off's always ruin it :P

Report Post Tip

I'm looking forward to lose more money on this next week. And it was really worth not winning when I got to see Liverpool crash and burn like that.

Report Post Tip

Fuck you all.

That is all.

Report Post Tip

I'm in next wkend mate

Liverpool Vs Wolves... A potential relegation 6-pointer right there!

Report Post Tip

Havnt even noticed this thread till now, my appologies, ill be involved this week

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Premier League Sports Betting with Sprozza.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL