Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 19:37:24
Page:  1 
Felony while in OC?? Started by: Francisco_Lachowski on Jan 18, '12 14:13

This may sound stupid but I am genuinely interested. After I accept an OC my felony is still up, if I felony do I lose my spot in the OC or do I make the OC less likely to succeed? Any answers would be appreciated.

Report Post Tip

it doesnt make it fail and have not found any particular correlation between if i felony or not in one at its success rate but only admins would know any contributing features for sure

Report Post Tip

Okay thanks, I've just been a little worried I've been causing all these people to fail haha. :P

Report Post Tip

since the demise of NPM's I have noticed a lot of failures occur even with a skilled team

Report Post Tip

I have all but given up hope for OC, I try and invite at the least one more than is needed, also try and pick high ranking members, I still fail at least 4 out of 5 attempts...

Report Post Tip

Some people say it decreases the chance of success, but like Liza said, only Admins would know if it does...

Report Post Tip

Ive always been skeptical on that and would tend not to click it incase it effects the chance of success, but ultimately I figure its another of those things where we think it has an impact but probably doesn't.

I would hope Admin don't tell us either way though, I prefer the nagging feeling of not knowing.

Oh and on the topic of falures.. i've failed my lasy 4 all with 8 man teams of a variety of ranks. I don't feel its anything related to the NPMs no longer being here though, for a long time since they were gone I wasn't having any problems, its more likely the lack of skill of the current users given that we've only really got 2 cities that are long standing right now, anyone from the rest of the community are mostly newer characters.

Report Post Tip

I've noticed some cities are easier for certain types of OC's.

Report Post Tip

Animal, I would suggest that your ability to succeed frequently at OC's after the removal of NPMs derives from the fact that your last account had GF points.  They have been failing at a much higher rate since NPMs have been taking out.  That was always one of the perks of having NPMs.

Report Post Tip

I agree with Eve. There was this suggestion to allow CAs into OCs and I'm relly not opposed to that either...

Report Post Tip

Eve what about those who didnt have GF points on accounts but we are seeing the same issues as Animal?

I tend to think it is city related whilst you build up a skill level to be able to do them any where like, jail breaking and even early petties.

Report Post Tip

I'm going to stick to the safe side and just not felony when I'm inside an OC.

Romeo I think the organized crime city system works like with most other aspects, Philly/New York being the hardest and St. Louis/Detroit being the easiest? Correct me if I'm wrong people!

Report Post Tip

Animal, I would suggest that your ability to succeed frequently at OC's after the removal of NPMs derives from the fact that your last account had GF points. They have been failing at a much higher rate since NPMs have been taking out. That was always one of the perks of having NPMs.

Possible that may be, and I realise the boost being gone that we once enjoyed was always going to have an effect, however more people than just myself were still able to succeed their OCs after NPMs were gone. That said, you've pretty much agreed with what I said anyway, the fact you relate my previous characters points to its ability to succeed, means you agree that the fact the majority of users failing now are failing because the accounts are so young and inexperienced. Which is what I said.

Report Post Tip

I agree with Eve. There was this suggestion to allow CAs into OCs and I'm relly not opposed to that either...

During their testing phase Abel, they were often available for my OCs. I can't recall if they actually ever accepted them though

Report Post Tip

I guess it was only during the testing phase, because my previous account never saw a CA available for an OC.

One thing I have noticed, that maybe not everybody knows, is that the time between the starting of the OC until the attempt is actually made is crucial to its success. As well as the city as others mentioned.

Report Post Tip

Can being locked up or doing petties felonys affect an OC in any way how bout if you go idle for a couple minutes or fly to another city.?

Report Post Tip

If you fly to another city you remove yourself from the OC. You decrease the chances of success by removing yourself from it but not for any other reason.

I highly doubt petties are related, unless the overall petty skill is involved, but doing or not the upcoming petty should affect.

And the felony... well, that one is still on the table. I think it doesn't matter but some people hold their felony until the OC is done.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Felony while in OC??
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL