Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 22:26:11
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Site Population Started by: Sal_Giaquinto on Jan 20, '12 04:51

While my initial comments might have been a bit rough, I can appreciate Dallas's comments and Sal's views on the learning curve. But the reality of it is, this is a game and its up to the users to take a few moments to figure things out. You dont master a video game the first time you start it up, you have to take a bit of time to figure out how it goes. Its really the same for this game, or any rpg.

Report Post Tip

Although a few kind folks have pointed out the facebook like thing, I LITERALLY just noticed it on the home page...Doh!

Report Post Tip

I think we should be really concerned because at one point in the day I believe we were over 800  idk whats happening but it needs to b fixed

Report Post Tip

You are wrong Ragnarok. I pick up any game and am automatically a master of it.

Report Post Tip

Bonzo, we were never over 800. Unless Squishy was giving us free stuff to shoot at, but we have never had more than 250 real people at once.

Report Post Tip

That's kinda low isn't it Abel? We have 465 thugs and above, 178 of those made and over and 99 of them wiseguys, thats already 277 mid-range+ ranked players. If you count petty thiefs aswell, we have 551 players in total. (I wont bother mentioning civilians because someone who is serious wont stay civvie for very long.) Sure we have to make exceptions for the 50-200 that will never play again, but that is still at worst 351 real players. 

Report Post Tip

dimitri, i think he was speaking of active at any given time.

abel, dimtri is correct. although no more then 150 or so people are on at any given moment, the differences in time mean that different people are on across a 24 hours period.

Report Post Tip

Yeah, my bad. Not sure what made me think we were talking about members online at the same time rather than overall population. Sorry!

Report Post Tip

The population is the thing.  The thing that grows, shrinks, and grows again.

We need a population.  Everyone needs a population.

it

is

necesary.

Report Post Tip

Don't we have a population already? This sounds metaphysical, but as long as there is a single person anywhere, don't you have a population?

Report Post Tip

I have to agree with Abel. We have a population. It may not be in the millions like some games, but it is definitely a population. This game isn't everyones cup of tea, because people hate to put hard work in just to lose it all, so this game serves a small target audience, but that target audience tends to be loyal, so we have regular players. The game also isn't a pay to win game, so allot of other people wont be interested in it.

Report Post Tip

The irony is that the last few months has been one of the most interesting periods in the last 3 years of mafia returns. If this is turning people away then theres a problem :(

Report Post Tip

Maybe because the people we are driving off are the people who like to live long lives and don't like dying every few months...

Maybe this is the time to reach out to all the good players that slowly started retiring because the regime back then made them feel unwelcome.

Report Post Tip

"we've had major cities killed in recent weeks, people tend to take a break when that happens to their character. You might check next month and were back over 600...or maybe not. Guess only time will tell really."

I agree with this.  I just got back into the game after a long hiatus 'cause I got tired of getting killed; but I finally couldn't stay away any longer.  I think a lot of people are resisting the urge, and will eventually fail.

This game is waaaay to addictive.  

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Site Population
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL