Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 19:00:23
Page:  1 
Attack v Info Started by: EnochThompson on Jan 25, '12 01:43

To be honest I'm not sure what to class this as OOC/Help/Suggestion as I'm asking about game code, as well as making a suggestion and asking for advise on said feature so class it how you please.

This is a code question, but any insight would be greatly appreciated as to why the code for pickpocket/wack is not linked to info. In the respect that Character A on pure info can not see a pickpocketer whose stealth is not equal to or higher than Character A's Info skill.

I remember a while ago talk about linking the code (for an obvious lack of better words), I was curious as to when this will be done or if it will be done at all. Logically it makes sense RP wise if Character A can see everyone in his locals how could he not see the person dipping into his pocket right next to him?

More food for thought even if we say the Character A is a professional PP'er and Character B is one of the most vigilant people walking these streets he notices everything that is going on. Character A dips into Character B's pockets as vigilant as Character B he notices Character A going for the dip but Character A is so efficient that Character B cannot completely make out who it is.

*Flashing Personals* - Dec 21, '12 23:59 mge**e took $5,000 from you.

^ it at least allows for skill to be trained even potentially to one asterisk but still giving the person on info answers some bang for the character set.

Report Post Tip

I'm not 100% on this but I am pretty certain that was you speak of has already been implemented when they brought in the ability to chase down your attacker and rob your money back aswell as theirs. I believe it is abbreviated to PPP. Still not entirely sure what that is the abbreviation for "Pickpocket p....."?

Report Post Tip

What you speak of* not was you speak of.

Report Post Tip

Apologies for the triple post but I also now understand the abbreviation is Pickpocket Payback.

Report Post Tip

Just so we're clear isn't PPP linked to PP/attack strength of the intended victim to be able PPP as from what I gathered only those who are active PP'ers have been able to PPP. Unless someone out there can testify to the contrary.

Report Post Tip

I am not the most active of PP'ers but have been able to PPP quite successfully on occasion.

I always assumed and I am fairly certain that I have seen it discussed that the chances of whether or not you catch a glimpse of your assailant is directly related to your vision over their stealth.

So, if I was to have in percentages a 70% vision to your 50% stealth, I would see you every time and vice versa. If I had 50% vision to your 70% stealth then I would not see you at all.

I am sure I have seen this written down. It could have possibly been related to BG wacking though. If I find it i'll quote it.

Report Post Tip

PPP doesn't relate to one's skill in PPing, just to clarify. If you've never ever PP'd in your life but you catch someone in your pocket, using the PPP option you'll pick that persons pocket back no problem at all, even if they are protected by an insane amount of people.

I believe this was brought into play to ensure that the risk of PPing people was greater, now anytime you PP someone without their permission you risk them returning the favour and not only costing you a lot of money, but resetting your timers too.

Sorry to get off track - I have no idea if the ability to spot people relates to their Info vs your Stealth, just wanted to clarify PPPing requires no previous skill in that area.

Report Post Tip

Its PickPocket Payback as far I'm aware PoisonousJelly.

Report Post Tip

From the information I have gathered from PP and field research to do a PPP you need to (obviously) know who PP'd you. I've also come to understand that doing a few PPs builds your PP stealth which seems to be working separately to Info/Stealth code which is where the issue comes in. I believe this code needs to be checked as if you have separate PP stealth then you should also have separate wack stealth and that just becomes a long line of individual stealths for different activities.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Attack v Info
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL