Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 21:53:04
Page:  1 
Why that? Started by: Popcorn on Feb 10, '12 03:43

A question that has been on my mind when looking around here is "What made you choose your name?" There are alot of names that are real interesting and I just want to see if some people share their reasonings.

Me? I chose Popcorn cause that was my late uncles nick name and i've never heard any like it. How he got the nickname, i'm not sure.

Report Post Tip

I chose mine cause it was the only one i could really think of at the time.

Report Post Tip

My ingame name is really close to my dad's name. A vowel and underscore off.

Report Post Tip

On this character, I had no one's coattails to ride on so I tried to get by on past glories instead. As for the name itself, I've been called Sprozz irl for as long as I can recall as a nickname

Report Post Tip

On this character, I had no one's coattails to ride on so I tried to get by on past glories instead. As for the name itself, I've been called Sprozz irl for as long as I can recall as a nickname

Report Post Tip

I got this name from a book by mario puzo called The Family. Everyone should give it a read.

Report Post Tip

Worlds greatest football manager.

Report Post Tip

Worlds greatest football manager.

Yeah....... Great job at Motherwell Jim!

Report Post Tip

Vedrone is the name of the crime family from the 666 Ford myth.

Report Post Tip

I thought I did quite well at Motherwell. The directors were inbreeds however.

I won manager of the month, got a squad together that was both young and dynamic and went on to, with a few additions by the new man, to finish 5th. We played good football that I would imagine the fans enjoyed.

All that when my job security was zero considering I was still, when fired, on a temporary contract.

Report Post Tip

Mine is simple as it is a mafiaesk name that would have probably been used around the 1920's. I like to keep things relevant to the game as it can make you look like a fool if not. If you are playing with a nickname from a name you would use then I believe that is fine. Example.....Someone calls themselves TITFACE, not mafia at all but if they then used that as a nickname and had it in there profile as......Tony "TITFACE" Morrello then that shows people it is only a nickname and not you been a dick.....

Report Post Tip

Mine is random. I wanted something interesting yet different so I pondered for a while and derived this name.

Report Post Tip

Wait a minute, my name is actually from a book called The Last Don by Mario Puzo. My bad

Report Post Tip

I came here for another land under martial law. It was a nick name given to me many years ago as a young mafioso and it stuck.

Report Post Tip

I wondered myself about your name Popcorn, hah, and its also interesting because my friends Grandpa was named Peaches, its funny to me, because no one else knows how he got that name either.

As for myself, I always try to pick a name that suits to what I am doing.  So I went through a bunch of random name generators and such, and looked up meanings of all the names.  I came to decide on this name, because Emilio is a form of the name Emil, which is a roman family name meaning Rival.  As for Soldati, I forget exactly what it was, but it was an Italian form for Soldier, or something similar to that.  So my name is literally "Rival Soldier"

Report Post Tip

Influenced by the band The Melvins. My suit is actually an old Melvins concert poster I modified

Report Post Tip

Well I always like to name my character with either an Irish or Italian name. So this time I went with Italian. I looked at actual mobsters names and combined a first and last name that I liked. It is a very basic way of doing it with not too much creativeness but it's how I do it once and a while.

Report Post Tip

Santino Marciano

I have a good friend of italian origin named Santino ******** (Omerta) who is the archetypal Latin hothead of his family. He's also mellowing with age like an old Don.....

Marciano is well known to many who like their boxing, it is also a great name of Sicillian origin.

Following the demise of my last character, I just didn't want to continue with a name or a variation of a name which was originally migrated from another on-line game.

The King is dead. Long live The King.

lol

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Why that?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL