Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 09:33:18
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 
Shipping Up To Boston Started by: MrKuklinski on Feb 27, '12 14:30

Thanks Nicola. Thanks very much :D

Report Post Tip

I only agree to the part of the Irish inhabting the city of boston being the the majority, but not the slaughter part like HIgh-Society said.

Report Post Tip

Sadly i often find sub cultures being seperated is part of why ideas sometimes have limited development.  Although different groups argue and fight each bringing different ideas and traditions are what developed and evaded crime in the past.  The combination of multiple cultures, pooling their knowledge together in an attempt to increase enterprise could be interesting.   Too often i find people are in their little bubbles except on the street and seems to create more friction then teamwork at stages or people can agree to x degree and contribute sometimes unless something thats almost a pillar of belief to them.  Sometimes multiple people from different backgrounds will do better then all from one so have to disagree with an all irish city although nothing against their influence in society.

Report Post Tip

I am sorry, but this is not accapable, is it just me, or are you trying to get auth given to you becuase your Irish. I mean you made it specific, even only wise guys can go, look at that your a wise guy, imagen that!

I am sorry but this is a horrible idea...

<em>Trunks walks off with his eyes towards the ground shaking his head in dis belief...</em>

Report Post Tip

I found this Irish thing rather off the wall as well. If we gave the Irish an inherent majority in a city then would we nott need to do the same in other cities? Besides that, would this not limit a newcomer's choices as to what city they should go to? This just makes no sense all the way around.

Bad idea = this

Report Post Tip

Mighty picks a smoke from his package...

I like Irish so what do you suggest? a Italian city only aswell? Mexicans, jews? we need to be a melting pot.. here

Report Post Tip

My grandfatther was an Orangeman but no thanks. lol

Report Post Tip

Orangemen are Irish.

Report Post Tip

Bring back LA and let the gang members run that city...All the Bloods, Crips, and Mexicans you think of!! YayYayeeee

Su Wo to the Blood Gangs! 187 on a undercover cop...

Report Post Tip

Orangemen are Irish. - Arnold

It seems you are fond of sweeping statements, Arnold. This one isn't even controversial...It's simply wrong. May I ask, are you basing this knowledge on actually being a current resident of Ireland, some heavily diluted claim to having Irish blood, or what you read in the news?

From an OOC perspective - apologies, I don't often suffer from this in the streets - let me clarify my own position. I am 100% Irish, live in Ireland and spent a great deal of my formative years receiving an education about my country's history. I know the difference between substantial truth and sensationalised nonsense. Orangemen, by their very principles, are not Irish.

A statement such as yours as the potential to incite a great deal of trouble, trouble which would actually have nothing to do with this game. I suggest you stick to a commentary on the Mafia.

Report Post Tip

Hello Lilac.  I stand corrected.  Not all Orangemen are Irish.  Some are Canadian, African, English and Scottish.

However, all Orangemen on the Island of Ireland are Irish.  Some, in fact most, will hold UK passports.  But they are Irish.  That they don't identify as Irish is their own concern.  They can avail themselves of full Irish citizenship.

Orangeism was established in Ireland, in the ancient province of Ulster, in the late 1700s, if I remember correctly.

(OOC, I spent my early years being educated, in Belfast, Ireland.  Irish was taught alongside English, though sadly now forgotten.  There is danger here of a pointless discussion regarding Britishness and Irishness.  Ireland (North or South) isn't in Britain.  The inhabitants of a small section of Ireland can have dual Irish and British citizenship.  All people born on the Island or Ireland are by definition Irish).

Report Post Tip

Moving on to a lighter note. 

Some ranks in Boston will have to change if this comes into play.

I have come up with a few, No need to worry about any after Made Man as liver failure will have worked its magic by then.

Gangsters will need to be known as Scumbags.

Wise Guy as Smart Arse.

Best suggestions for Goomba and Earner get 50K.

Report Post Tip

The tired look accross his face said it had been another hard day, he returns back home from the war a hero; just to notice an empty home city.  Boston had been a metropolis a hive of activity once upon a time, now street gangs fought for small portions of the town, and the g-men roamed the streets like they owned the city.

He sat on the steps of the church, watching the people around him as he looked at the opportunity for the great city as well as the problems thinking how much time it would take to try and build it's wealth as well as his, but sighed thinking of it as a pipe dream for now.  

He sat thinking how he had already started travelling round the states to often empty bars and business and wondered if attempts were in vane to resuscitate a dead economy.  The crash had hit so many people so hard and seemed to knock the stuffing out of some, while others concentrated on earning as quick as they could to regain or surpass their place in society by any means necessary.  Gently rubbing his chin he looked and wondered what the future beheld for boston but hoped would be a rich tapestry not a short term plugging of a hole.

Report Post Tip

I would like to offer a different idea.

How about GF of Boston goes to someone who actually hails from the Boston area.

Afterall, who is more likely to be better embedded in the local gangs :D

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Shipping Up To Boston
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL