Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 20 - 09:57:55
Page:  1 2 3 4 5 [ > - >>> ]
Cruel - Today we lost one of our own. Started by: Squishy on Mar 16, '12 01:14

Today, The MR Family loses another one of its brothers - Dean Rathbone - AKA Cruel. Dean sustained severe head trauma in an accident, that despite a week of fighting, eventually took this wonderful person from us a lifetime too early.

Every day for many years, Cruel has been with us, laughing at us, and providing a pretty broad shoulder to lean on. Its only when they are gone do you realize there now exists a void that was once filled by a special person that we just assumed would be around forever. He has passed on having earned the love from his friends and family here, and just as importantly - the respect of his competition and enemies. Sadly, those that did not directly know him will never know that how much their daily world here was shaped, in part, by Dean himself.

Cruel has been with us for about 3.5 years, known by many names. Here are some of the names you may have interacted with him as:

Cruel, Fernando_Torres, _Cruel_, _Thor_, Filth, Erratic, Thor ,Jason_X, Cruelyyy, Frog, Superman, Pringle, Slick_Rick, UndercoverNinja, biffy, -Cruel-, Nerris, Cruel_Beans, Villan, TheBastard, Hydroxide, shockerless, herty, FernandoTorres, Nando, Cruely, hurting, wazza

I am saddened by the loss of Dean, but at the same time I am at peace because I know he is now finally at peace himself. Dean my man... We will forever miss you.

Scott & MR Community.

"My little brother Dean Avfc Rathbone is now at peace. He fought hard for nearly a week. He was very much loved and respected and was an absolute Angel. He will be hugely missed by everyone who knew him. Thanks to all the family who have been great this week. God Bless x"
- Lisa Rathbone

Report Post Tip

Was never able to speak to Cruel personally, but I wouldnt wish this upon my worst enemy. At least he is at ease now. My heart goes out to his family and friends.

Report Post Tip

Rest in Peace, Cruel.

Cruel was a very good friend of mine when he was around. I was sad to hear about his accident, but at least he's no suffering anymore. He will be missed by myself, and any who knew him.

Save a spot for me Dean.

Report Post Tip

I don't mind admitting that I am currently sat here in tears. That is how much of an impact Dean had not only on me but on many of the MR community. He was as Scott has said loved by many and respected by all that had come in to contact with him. Not only on a personal level like some but on a professional level where MR is concerned.

Just the fact that he hung in there as long as he could, staring death in the face and still fighting just shows what kind of character Dean had. Something that this world will miss and will leave a gaping whole in our society for many years to come.

Rest well old friend. Be at peace.

Report Post Tip

Me and you both PJ

Cruel was such a great guy even when he yelled at you, you could not get mad at him because you knew he meant the best by it. The conversations we had and how much he helped me learn the game will never be forgotten. I can literally say that this world will never be the same without him.

You will be missed and may you rest in peace. We love you Cruel.

Report Post Tip

I can't believe this. I don't want to. Dean was a good friend of mine and it's a real shock to the system, I'd hoped beyond hope that he'd recover from this. God rest you Dean, at least you're not suffering anymore brother. <3 x

Report Post Tip

My first memory of Dean was when TheDean was godfather in NY. I was under Scarin and had shot one of his MIAs, to which he wasnt very happy. He kicked up a fuss and TheDean took him out. We spoke afterwards on IRC and I found him to be a very affable fellow. We formed a friendship from there, he visited me on another world for a while, a very witty and funny dude. I was very saddened by the news of his accident. The world is a sadder place tonight at this loss. May you rest in peace brother.

Report Post Tip

This is alwasy a painful thing to see, whether a close friend, or simply someone who plays the same game. Rest with the angels Dean Rathbone.

Report Post Tip

Rest in Peace, Deano.

I have made this profile picture for those wanting to put it up in Deano's memory.

http://i.picasion.com/pic51/9e871025105d7a45ed6f184b2872da05.gif

Thank You,
Shawn

Report Post Tip

Rest in peace cruel :(

Report Post Tip

I really cant believe this has happened he put up a brave fight to the end. it is such a shock to all and it is such a sad day.

RIP cruel our thoughts are with your family during there time of need.

Report Post Tip

Rest in Peace Cruel. May you fly with the angels now fella : (

Report Post Tip

Rest easy Dean, it's always a sad day when we lose one of own. This and the other world won't be the same without you. :(

Report Post Tip

I never knew Cruel personally but I saw his name around on many occasions. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends, to lose someone in this way, and after seeing them fight hard, must be truly heartbreaking.

Rest in peace Cruel.

Report Post Tip

Damn, this is a shot to the heart. Dean man rest well brother, taken so early with a life full of potential. The world has truly lost a truly incredible young man.

Report Post Tip

Myself and the family of Deano's would just like to thank everyone for their support for Deano in the run up to his last moments. Myself and his family are very grateful for all the messages he has recieved. Forgive me for the lack of updates for the last 24hours, it has been a difficult time. I kissed him goodbye shortly before he went and told him everyone from mafia sends their love along with the love of our friends that were unable to make it over to him. I tell you now, it was the hardest thing ive ever had to of done, it truly broke my heart and my heart continues to cry now.

Unfortunately, i was unable to read any messages to Deano due to phones having to be switched off around the machines. I am so sorry to each and every person for not getting the messages across, i feel guilty beyond belief. However, i will be accepting RIP messages which i will print off and have them buried with Deano, this i can promise.

The last few days have been a real roller coaster for everyone, it was astonishing how he made it this long given his severe injuries. A few pals and the lads from Deano's family popped into a pub last night where we raised a glass for him and shared stories and memories of Deano, one that i would like to share with you now which will explain towards the end how dippy Deano can be...

Back when we were younger, talking 18-19 years old and we were out drinking as you do with pals and we were heading home, the plan, as always was to go back to Deano's for a few beers and a pizza. After trying for a very long time to get a taxi, i finally got us one, so i climb into the back of the taxi and shouted to Deano to get in. He starts walking towards the taxi but didnt see the curb in front of him. He misjudged his step and more or less fell into the taxi haha we were pissing ourselves about it all the way home. So we get to Deano's house and not only did Deano fall into the taxi, he also fell out of the taxi lol a good friend that i am, i stood there laughing at him haha.

So we get to his front door and he says "ohhhh shiiiiit" i ask whats up, and he says he has lost his door key. Now anyone who knows Deano and his mom, knows that you DO NOT wake his mom up at stupid o'clock(she is a real hard ass), she will just run up and put you on the deck lol. So standing there thinking about what we're gonna do, Deano spots his bedroom window open. When i say window, i mean a little tiny window that you could just about fit your arm through. Deano being Deano says he can climb through. So i help him onto the front door porch kicking me square in the nose in the process he begins his climb through the window. Anyway, after about 3 minutes of wrigglying around, the cunt gets stuck lol i swear if any of you could of seen him, his legs swinging in the air helplessy and again...being the good friend that i am, i stood there and laughed my head off. So after about 5 minutes of trying to wiggle through, his legs go completely stiff and i mean like.. straight stiff, i stood there thinking wtf is he doing. All of a sudden he's bedroom light turns on... its his mom :O and that was my que to fuck off (quickly) lol so i hid behind the tree outside his house. I peek around the tree and i just see his mom grab his arms and fuckin pull him through the window...poor lad lol i just heard crashing and ahhh ohhhh uuuuh haha.

The next day when i asked him about his legs going stiff when he was half hanging out the window and what that was all about, he's reply was..."well, i was trying hide wernt i"

The last few days have been hard for everyone. It's easier said than done but please do not be sad and mourn Deano's death but celebrate the life that he lived. Deano was definitely a rare breed of friend. So please don't be sad for him, but wish him well for his journy to heaven... Let's just hope he doesnt need a key to walk through those gates...

Report Post Tip

RIP Dean. Never met you although I wanted to. Sleep well mate.

Report Post Tip

Rest in peace Cruel, you'll be missed.

I wish I had a story of Cruel to share but unforunately I never had the chance to talk to him, though I did see him around quite often.

Report Post Tip

I miss him. :(

Rest in peace mate.

Report Post Tip

This is a very hard blow to me. I never met Cruel/Dean in real life, but I have known him for almost as long as he has played MR. He has been a very close friend and was there for me many times.

We have had many runs together and he was my leader quite a few times. He helped me learn the ropes and taught me quite a bit.

I'll miss having him tell me that he wants my babies. I'll miss having him ask when I am coming to visit him. I'll miss picking on him all the time because he was such a flirt, but such an amazing friend.

I know he lived his life to the fullest, it was hard to keep him around because he was always out living his life. Even though his life was cut short and too early, I can go on knowing that he didn't live in the shadows. He danced in the light.

I love my friend dearly and I am very sorry for his family and friends loss. I know that how I feel is only a small fraction of what they feel right now.

I hope that everyone can find peace and joy in the life he had. 

Rest in peace, my good friend. I hope to see you in heaven one day.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Cruel - Today we lost one of our own.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL