Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 01:05:47
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Greatest of MR history Started by: Caruzzo on Aug 03, '12 11:49

I'll give you two names, and what they were the greatest for. actually, make that three.

1) Roman: a lot of people did not like him, but roman put together the longest lived regime that i've seen in the world, and in one of the two or three longest lived players.

2) aurora: Not as well known as some, but aurora's families were well run, her CLs were some of the best i've worked with, and she always had time for questions, concerns etc.

3) richardwad and grin: these two are two of the best street speakers i've ever seen. Their discourse was witty, thought provoking, entertaining, and made me want to follow in their footsteps.

So all three...whoops, thats four names. but they are four of the best, all for different reasons.

Does that help you caruzzo?

Report Post Tip

Anthony has some weird fetish for strawmen. Pretty creepy but explains a lot.

Report Post Tip

The fact is Tyrion reply was rude,, he implied that by asking for opinions you were too lazy to look it up yourself, thus making you defend a position you did not take.

You seem awfully good at deciding what peoples intentions were! My response wasn't actually pointing out that he was being lazy because he asked for opinions, if that were my position do you think i'd have actually responded in the length I did? His opening questions merit discussion, but they also asked for too much imo. He wants other people to not only tell him their greatest player and wars, but asked for them to find threads for him. The last part was what I would call lazy, if he wants threads to read, go find them. Hence why I jokingly said he wasn't interested in doing much work himself, as clearly he wasn't.

I appreciate your efforts in defending me, Aidan. It doesn't bother me that Caruzzo wants simple answers without any thought behind them, if thats what he wants then so be it, its not what people normally want but each to their own I guess.

Oh and what the fuck is a strawman, Anthony?

Report Post Tip

I think that AlabamaWorley, and Technical are my favourites to read from an roleplay stand point. I'm not going to find threads to show it though.

Report Post Tip

Seems a bit lazy to me Tyrion. Look it up. Logical fallacies. You will find them all over the place around here. They work in the game if you have a big enough gun, its part of the game actually. But out here in the real world they just dont fly.

Report Post Tip

If we're just discussing Roleplayers, no one wrote better than Keats.

Report Post Tip

I would have thought a strawman would be a man made of straw. Not too desimilar from a scarecrow. Ah well.

Just so you guys know, I think Caruzzo could have stood to be more clear on his definition of greatness instead of leaving it so widely open for interpretation, Tyrion was perfectly within his rights to question it but could have been more graceful about it, Chuck doesn't know what he's talking about, Anthony make the occasional spelling error and doesn't appreciate it when they're pointed out and Aidan is the frustrating one everyone wants to punch in the nose because he points them out.

In regards to the original thread, http://mafiareturns.com/comm/thread/89102#947707.

Thanks for your time and effort, but this floors you all. Grin would testify.

Report Post Tip

Actually punching AidAn is not my style. If I were to get physical, I would buy a bag of hammers at some losers hardware store and use those on him.

Report Post Tip

Thank you for your excellent synopsis, Stryver. You are to be commended. Although, Grin wouldn't do shit because he is dead. Lolz.

Report Post Tip

Thank you for portraying me as a person who corrects spelling mistakes on a regular basis when I did it only once and only because somebody got picky with me and started twisting my words and got rude with me trying to criticise somebody else for being rude.

Oh, and since we are OOC and you like to talk about RL... I'd like to see you try your luck with those hammers...

Report Post Tip

Lighten up Francis.

Report Post Tip

lol, good one, Nancy.

Report Post Tip

Some people don't appreciate banter. There we go. Even people I considered friends didn't take that well.

Clearly not as close friends as we thought eh Aidan. Thanks bud.

Report Post Tip

I also thought we were friends. Until you decided to make this place even less hospitable for me. I am tired to not be able to post in the forums because I am forced to be a perfect gentleman in a world riddled by jerks because I always end up on the wrong side of the arguments.

I'll just go back to lurking and jailing. Oh, and mobmailing. At least that way I can chose who I talk to.

Report Post Tip

I think you dropped your purse with your tampons in it. Stop being such a prima donna. I don't have time to deal with girls crying.

Report Post Tip

Yet here you are. Proving that you do have the time. Good to know that your way of insulting me is with a purse and tampons. Such high regards you must have for women, lol.

You could stop trying to be a bully instead of telling other people how to behave... We should let people get back on topic here.

Report Post Tip

Well this thread went from mundane to exciting really fast.

Report Post Tip

Hmmmm....Some of my favorite players from the past? Deimne, Marietta, FlyingPig, tiggy, Anubis, BillyBathTub, JTG, Authed, and FrankieFigs. Give any of them a small something and watch them grow it into something big. Any of the previous stated all knew how to (or a combo of) lead a city, RP, make massive amounts of money, build absolute cannons, and repeatedly prove to the whole community their worth.

As far as Role Players? Kizzy and I come to mind before anyone to be honest, can't keep track of the dozens of threads we've had between us where people we'd never met would contact us asking for more, to get in on it, etc etc. Others include Marietta, Belle, Kittie, and Scarin.

Report Post Tip

BrunoD.

Report Post Tip

Best roleplayer was RonMexico. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Greatest of MR history
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL