Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 25 - 10:55:47
Page:  1 2 3 4 5 6 [ > - >>> ]
Today, we lost (another) one of our own. Started by: ViciousViper on Aug 31, '12 15:48

I come to you all with the saddest news I've heard in a very, very long time. As many of you well know, we lost a beloved member (Cruel) of our community not too long ago. Today, we've again lost a valuable asset to our ever-growing pool of...whatever it is we have going on here.

Love him, hate him, hell even if you've only ever spoken to him on IRC or seen him bashing on others, almost everyone who's been around for a while knew of Marco. I regretably inform you that this morning he passed away. Many of you may think this is a joke, or I'm trying to pull your leg, but dozens and dozens of his real life friends have confirmed it on FB.

I'm offering this thread as a place to say your RIP's, leave last words, or maybe even try to get these tears out of my fucking eyes by sharing a few great times you've had with the legend.

I don't care about the recent drama with him at all, I don't care if this is out of line, but I swear on every living soul I've ever met, if ANY of you use this is a place to "get a last dig" in on him, or disrespect him, I will find you. I will not kill you. I will make your life a living hell.

On that note, RIP Marco, I'll miss ya bud :'(

Report Post Tip

Rest In Peace Marco,

You were by far the coolest person ever. Me and you owning up #divinelunacy as cool dudes. I will sorely miss your abuse you gave me on multiple occasions and this is truly a sad day for our community.

You'll be missed by many and rest well man. My thoughts are certainly with your friends and family. <3

Report Post Tip

Marco,

You'll be missed bud. At first, it was pretty clear I didn't like you much, but the more we spoke, the more I started to like you. I even remember the first time I publicly said "Wow.. I miss Marco" when you weren't on one day... You were... a unique individual, but once a person got to know you, it made sense. This is truely a horrible loss for everyone. You were taken way to early from life man, and thats so incredibly unfair :(.

Report Post Tip

RIP Marco,

You were always fun and kept me on my toes with our convos. You will be greatly missed.

My thoughts and prayers to the RL friends and family.

Report Post Tip

Rest in peace, Marco.

We talked maybe once but it is always hard to lose one of us in this world of ours.

You will be missed.

Report Post Tip

I've posted "rest in peace" many times in this game but now I have to say them for real, and not as a roleplay, and that hurts. I didn't know Marco, but my thoughts are with his friends and family.

Report Post Tip

I actually remember the first thing he ever said to me. It was in a PM on IRC, that went something long the lines of "Leave LJ the fuck alone, or I will (something or other)"

This was our first time speaking, which happened to be our first argument too. We lashed out at eachother for a good hour insulting eachother back and forth. I don't remember how it ended, only how it started.

That was maybe 6 years ago now, when we were just wee little kids. It feels almost as if I've grown up with Marco, even though we never met. I only ever spoke to him on the phone once, and it was only a 30 second conversation, yet it still seems we grew up together.

Our friendship really did blossom after that initial argument, and we started almsot bouncing off of one another. He would insult, I would insult. I would insult, he would insult. We'd even insult eachother just for shits and gigs from time to time.

He became my Left, and Right Hand in a crew a ran a few years ago, truly signifying how far we had come since the first time we spoke.

I only spoke to him last week, and I can't actually believe this has happened.

You were a cunt Marco, but you were our cunt. We love you bud, Rest Well.

Report Post Tip

I don't really know what to say other than this is a terrible, terrible shame and a big loss for all of us here.

RIP Marco.

Report Post Tip

Leigh,

Where do I even begin man? We've had a great relationship here on MafiaReturns.com... I can't believe you have been taken away from us like this... I am utterly shocked and can't believe it. I almost refuse to believe it :(... I'll always hold a special place for you in my heart bro. You'll be missed every single day. I know you're looking down on us all watching over us...

Rest In peace, Leigh.

Report Post Tip

In all honesty im still waiting for the punch line :( such a sad sad day. Really cant believe this is actualy true ive know you for about 4 years though we didnt talk very often everytime we did speak it was very enjoyable and you were a pleasure to know... most of the time.

You will be missed you were a gem and will be missed by all. RIP man and sleep well.

Report Post Tip

Leigh,

I don't know what to honestly say here.....

We've known each other for several years and I just can't honestly wrap my mind about what has happened here today...

I will personally miss you man so will everyone else out there that knew you

RiP buddy

Report Post Tip

Four years playing this game and i dont recall ever talking with Marco. There is still a link that bonds everyone of us together, even if we have'nt spoken, we still grieve. I am touched by Marco's death, may his soul rest in peace. Marco, i will pray for you today! My deepest sympathies to his family and friends. This is such a shame... first Cruel and then Marco!

Report Post Tip

I normally refrain from posting sentiments about people who have passed away on any type of social media because it is still a weird frontier for me. Marco and I had a very strained relationship when we first crossed paths years ago. We clashed when he was a member of our staff in his first go around, but he had the persistence of a terrier and eventually we found common footing.

I didn't know Marco personally until last year's Mafia Meet when we all spent the week together in New Jersey. He was at once a brash and shy 21 year old. Like many people his age it struck me that he was trying to find his spot in this world and had trouble reconciling that there was an entire planet waiting for him to make his mark. Despite his penchant for sitting on my lap that week, I can say with no snark or sarcasm that he was a genuinely nice guy that wanted to make those around him laugh and be happy.

There are a lot of people who knew Marco better than me, and knowing how I feel about his passing, I can't imagine what they must feel. He was 22, and the world is going to miss out.

Report Post Tip

Although we didn't speak many times, there is no denying you were a great person.

Rest in peace Marco.

Report Post Tip

I never had one conversation with Marco that didn't involve us making fun of each other. 

I loved it :) 

Rest well man. Give those angels hell. 

Report Post Tip

I only know Marco from his account on top of the 60s list and his talks in #divinelunacy. Not many words were spoken between the two of us.

But, seeing he had a car accident and died today touches me deeply. No one should die that young.

I wish his family and friends lots of strength to overcome this loss.

RIP Marco.

Report Post Tip

I have done my crimes, wars, chatted and stuff with Marco over the years and you know I cannot think of a negative thing at all but only positive and praise for a young man who just like all of us wanted to play a game and live his life. Cut short for reasons we will never understand and until the next time we talk my friend..we will be here for you and continuing to do what I know you would want us to do. RIP Marco and I pray for you and your family.

Report Post Tip

Rest in peace.
22 is way too young.

Report Post Tip

I did not know Marco very well however from what I heard he was a great guy and from what I saw in chats he was a funny guy. It is sad to see someone taken many years before they should have. You will be missed Marco nobody can replace you. Rest in Peace :(

Report Post Tip

This is an aweful shame. Marco, i knew you only as a name, but everyone in this community I consider a friend. Rest In Peace.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Today, we lost (another) one of our own.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL