Get Timers Now!
X

May 09 - 00:03:11
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
HELP: Beta test the new skill selection page Started by: Squishy on Sep 01, '12 04:24

http://mafiareturns.com/create_char.php

If you guys got a few, I would appreciate some feedback on the new character creation page. The left side is for the new dice-rolling of stats, the right side is for the traditional answers.

The dice roll picks our a random set of 12,000 of the traditional answers. Every dice roll picks a set of answers that is possible on the traditional side - so that there is no advantage (other than seeing what things are) to using the dice roll side.

The page will not actually create a character, we have this disabled so that we can test the dice rolling aspect and not get flooded with 100000 test characters :)

Soooo play around with the dice roll stuff, and give some input on how it works out for you!

Report Post Tip

That seems to be a very good way to create a new character.

I really like it and hope that it will be part of the game soon. :)

Report Post Tip

I love it, this would be awesome :)

Report Post Tip

I love it too and think I would use it even for creating a toon 

Report Post Tip

Awesome deal, only things I can think of is maybe a portion that gives a bit more detail on what each stat does (for fresh players who don't know the effects of stealth and whatnot yet)...

And if programming it wouldn't be too much of a bitch, setting it up so that when you roll something...if you REALLY like it's results, you can click over to the traditional side and see what answers would get you there so you don't have to sit and roll repeatedly until you get the same results next time you die...and maybe vise versa, plug in some answers and click over to get to see what sorta stats they'd land you with? If that makes sense?

Great setup though otherwise, I like it :)

Report Post Tip

I like it! Really caught my eye, and the new dice roll is pretty amazing. 

Report Post Tip

I was unable to see the stats on firefox (maybe its my browser, i dont know) so i switched over to chrome. Rolled the dice a few times, I really like this. I think new players will be far more inclined to use the dice than answering the questions. Hell I might even use it with my next character. Think this will be an excellent addition once it is live.

Report Post Tip

I love this. I am personally going to use his for my next character but I agree with The_Marine, it would be cool if the answers that get you to a particular skill set are displayed so that when you really like a particular set, you don't have to sit and roll for eternity.

Overall, awesome change

Report Post Tip

We will not be correlating answers to rolls.

Report Post Tip

that and when you're making you shot reports you know what answers you used LOL

Report Post Tip

Great idea. Gives a new look to how your character will pan out, and you kept the option to set the answers to a certain skill for the nostalgic aspect which is great as well.

Report Post Tip

The Marine, if we did that, it would give out too much information. The coders are trading randomness and not being able to shape your character in exchange for this extra information.

Squishy/enkindle: I understand the words, but I don't see how Physique tranlates into about MR activities.

Feedback: I love it. Rerolling the dice is really fun. The interface of the new stats showing up is really cool.

Genesis, I wouldn't say they kept the answers for nostalgic reasons. With the answers, in theory, you are able to pinpoint which trait to really excell at. I was playing with the rerolling several times and it didn't seem that any stat would ever get over 90-95%, luck of the draw. But supposedly, out there, people have sets of answers for perfect stealth, full vision, pure wack, pure defense, etc.

Report Post Tip

Love the new character selection, can't wait for it to be implemented!

Report Post Tip

just pointing out, people are gonna roll till they get what they want anyways LOL...save us all time recreating the new guys is all it'd do

Report Post Tip

Saving us time isn't always a good thing, Marine. Some things should be hard.

I personally love the roll of the dice. It shows the variation of combo's that are out there available to us. In fact, I'm really looking forward to it coming into play. Old Tyrion might get tossed off a bridge somewhere to allow a new family member to step forth after rolling the dice.

Report Post Tip

Great idea but one question When creating a character are you allowed endless chance to roll or just 1 roll

Report Post Tip

You can repeat and repeat until you get what you want.

Report Post Tip

It will certainly help the new and old in this thing of ours actually know what they can do, I only know about 2 character combo's myself, so this is a welcome addition.

Report Post Tip

I like this idea very much... but what i would like is to be able to raise a certain skills manualy. But... there should be a down side... if you raise the stealth, marksman would diminish automatically. Then one can still choose if he/she wants to start with a top stealth or other skills. You can raise one skill, but doing so alters the other skills. Just to avoid having to roll the die 100 times to get the stats you are looking for.

I like the idea though, it will change a lot of things in game, could be interesting!

Report Post Tip

The_Gent. You can already do that if you have information on what to answer in the RPd start up answers. If you were able to manually just drag the lines and do what you want, then that would be revealing all the info about the start up stats, and we know that isn't going to happen ever.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: HELP: Beta test the new skill selection page
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL