Get Timers Now!
X

May 16 - 14:12:27
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Selling witness statements Started by: Countdown on Sep 07, '12 15:22

Thankyou PC-Warrior.

Well I was basically thinking that if "Your" thug comes up to you and tell's you he saw something but doesn't want to reveal to much information because he fears for his life.

Basically your character doesn't want to know and is telling "Your" thug to go and place the hit on the black market and bring back some sort of profit.

So it's basically saying why would your character want to know something that doesn't involve him/her? All you want is profit with as little details as possible. (This would just need to be explained by the game with as little text as possible).

Idea #2 - [I also think it would be good that if when someone had bought the WS that they could then reblacklist the WS without looking at it. That way if someone see's a WS on the list that they think is worth more they can relist it for more...] - I think that this would make for good competition when you see someone's death in the obits that's not explained everyone will be refreshing the blackmarket trying to snap up the WS before others. (This could be going a little too far though in the case that some WS's may be far to pricey to even find out...)

Report Post Tip

I really like that idea, so you're saying once you view it you can't sell it? That's top notch and hopefully something easily coded. I would really love this idea to come full circle honestly. It would put a LOT of new mystery and possibility as to people killing and not being seen necessarily. Puts a lot of possibilities out there about secrecy. During my time here I have never once seen a murder go unsolved for more than an hour, it's unrealisitic and not really all that much fun. 

Speaking from a CL/Hand perspective this is a scary thought - but from an overall perspective it would add a lot of fun and mystery. 

Report Post Tip

I still really like this idea also. Hopefully its something that will get more interest.

Report Post Tip

Aye, obviously I've accidentally posted on my player account but meant to do it on here.

Could anybody that's reading that is against the idea offer some more criticism? I would really like a little more feedback to see if we can mold this into something more people would be able to get on board with. 

Report Post Tip

I've read this, gone and thought about it, come back, read the new posts, gone and thought about it...and well, I still love it. Admittedly yes, from a CL perspective it is slightly daunting to increase the prospect of not finding a particular person's killer, but by the same token I can see the realism in that and I'm all for it. I especially like that little addition offered by Annie - that's more or less what rounded it off for me.

In all honesty, I can't find any flaws with this aside from the obvious CL perspective one - and from a PC standpoint, that pales into comparison when I consider how much more interesting this feature would make gameplay. I can see how some would assume it may not take off, but it's something I would love to see at least in trial form. I reckon once users get to grips with it, it would go down a treat.

One last thing - I would definitely approve the removal of the warden feature if this were to be implemented. I know a lot of people might like the fact they can cream a few dollars from WS for just being online, but for me, this suggestion warrants greater involvement and that is always good for the game.

Report Post Tip
PC-Lola has sponsored this suggestion. This suggestion now has a total of 4 sponsors and will need 1 more sponsor in order to be submitted to the player commission forum.
Report Post Tip

Anything that encourages the "hiding" of witness statements, I am not really in favor of.

Report Post Tip

While this would make a crewleader/upper structure's job a tougher task, I must admit that I've grown far too tired of the same repetitive cycle of crewleaders hounding their members to hunt down infractions with hardly any benefit to the witness themselves. There's a significant amount of people that simply ignore (save for war) sending in their statements altogether. I think this suggestion (as its been tinkered with) would put a little more power (and money) back into the normal user's pocket while forcing crew leaders to start actually working (and paying) for what's arguably the most important commodity in this business when it matters - information.

Throwing that into the mix and save for the more conservative players who want a controlled environment to play in, adding a bit of mystery and randomness into the game is always a plus in my book.

Report Post Tip
PC-ralph has sponsored this suggestion. This suggestion has received the required 5 sponsors and has been submitted to the player commission forum.

Player Commission Thread: Selling witness statements
Report Post Tip

This feature has the ability to do what almost every other feature in the game has; potential to do good or bad.

Potential is always something that can be used for fear or used for morale, I personally feel as if this feature would do well for the game and I honestly know I would use it personally.

Yes, if your personal CL asked for a WS, you would most times give it over... however, if someone from a rival city needed a WS, and you caught it, why would you not try to get money for it?... I know the aspect of respect and everything, but someone who is considered not to be a "big figure" in the game, would easily be able to sneak past the radar and make a nice penny off this feature.

I don't see giving people the ability to be sneaky, in a mafia based game, to be bad. After all, these types of actions are what cause fireworks around the site... everyone seems to be mad about the stagnant times and this also has the ability to make the game more lively during specific times of the game.

I am more for this, than against it.

Report Post Tip

Very pleased to see this suggestion reach its 5 sponsor requirement. I think with some tinkering it could be very good, Ralph hit the nail on the head with it.

Report Post Tip

Sticks I agree with every bit of what you're saying. I think this would create opportunities for the fireworks people seem to be craving.

Report Post Tip
The voting for this suggestion has passed.

PC-El_Nino has voted YES. [4] (No reason given)
PC-Adrian has voted YES. [2] (WS system could benefit from this revamping.)
PC-ralph has voted YES. [2] (Good idea.)
PC-Sticks has voted YES. [2] (No reason given)
PC-Warrior has voted YES. [2] (Still a big fan of the idea. WS area really needs a change.)
PC-Whitey has voted YES. [2] (No reason given)
PC-Cassiopeia has voted NO. [5] (I've already expressed several times why I'm against this.)
PC-Flash-Fire has voted NO. [3] (There is no full defined and agreed way of putting this in and there is no need for it. If someone wants to sell a WS to a hitter so they get away with a naughty shot they can mail them.)
PC-DeadlySin has voted NO. [2] (There are already ways of making sure witness statements disappear, it shouldn't be made this easy.)
PC-SpikeSpiegel has voted NO. [2] (Based on the negatives and lack of definition.)
PC-Lola has not voted. [2]
PC-Patti has not voted. [2]
PC-Pratster has not voted. [2]
PC-Ter has not voted. [2]

Voting Totals, Yes: 14 (6), No: 12 (4), Undecided: 8 (4).

PC-Warrior, it is now your responsibility to write a final summary for the coders and to create/edit the wiki article for the suggestion.
Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Selling witness statements
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL