Get Timers Now!
X

May 16 - 08:54:20
Game Suggestions
1 Watchers
Page:  1 
OC Invite List Improvements Started by: enkindle on Sep 11, '12 20:33

I had an idea for inviting people to OC's... I have people coming to me left and right asking why they can't see a particular person and its always someone not realizing they have a timer, or an oc started, or...whatever. My thought is that it should list everyone and the reason why they can't be invited if they can't or an invite button if they can.

If theres a worry of privacy, I could make it so that's limited to crew members.

Report Post Tip

That would be delightful. You so smart, Enkindle.. you soo smarrttt..

No but seriously... I have fallen victim of this three times... 2 of the times.. it was someone who was involved in an OC... and the other time.... well.. i was right that time.. the OC feature was buggin :-p. But I do think this will help with the formation of OCs.  

Report Post Tip

I'm certainly glad I have stumbled upon this suggestion (actually from searching for something else)

at any rate, this is a great idea. Privacy concerns could be thrown to the wind at this point now that you can choose to toggle invites anyway... I'm all for anything that makes OC organization a little bit less tedious. Great call Enkindle.

Report Post Tip
PC-Whitey has sponsored this suggestion. This suggestion now has a total of 1 sponsors and will need 4 more sponsors in order to be submitted to the player commission forum.
Report Post Tip

So long as it's limited to crew members, I don't see anything wrong with it, and it'll leave people in less confusion when trying to figure out when people's timers are up .. or if they hit the felony button... again!

Report Post Tip
PC-SpikeSpiegel has sponsored this suggestion. This suggestion now has a total of 2 sponsors and will need 3 more sponsors in order to be submitted to the player commission forum.
Report Post Tip

I don't see a problem with this at all. If people don't want to be seen on the OC invite page they can always toggle it in the options page.

Report Post Tip
PC-DeadlySin has sponsored this suggestion. This suggestion now has a total of 3 sponsors and will need 2 more sponsors in order to be submitted to the player commission forum.
Report Post Tip

Yes, yes and yes. Love this idea. It can often be a nightmare to organise OCs between people forgetting their timers, going idle etc etc. A tidy little fix to this problem. And as DS says, they can simply opt out of visibility via options if they so wish.

Report Post Tip
PC-Lola has sponsored this suggestion. This suggestion now has a total of 4 sponsors and will need 1 more sponsor in order to be submitted to the player commission forum.
Report Post Tip

Ahh, so very close to being brought into the PC side, one more sponsor would be fantastic.

If you're reading and not sponsoring could we maybe hear some of the negative aspects of this suggestion? That way we could mold it into a workable form through that criticism.

Report Post Tip

My reasoning for not sponsoring this is simply I feel it is encouraging laziness of people not talking during OC's (of which I am guilty of) also if a person doesn't know it's because they have done a felony then they need to be educated better.

Report Post Tip

I haven't sponsored this because I don't see the reason in limiting it to just crew members. If people don't want to be seen or don't want someone to know why they can't join, there is a toggle for turning your OC off anyway. It would be nice to see if there are some constant feloniers in a city I'm trying to do an oc in so that way I can mail them and ask them to hold their timer so that they may join me.

Report Post Tip

Cassi, I agree - it shouldn't be limited to just the crew members. I think that was just an option if there were privacy concerns - but with the new toggle it's not even a concern in my mind. 

Flash-Fire I guess i can see where you're coming from. But please remember one of the more difficult things are that people that are new may want to do an OC but are under made man and are already in another crime - they're not going to know/remember and there is no place to go see (until someone gives you the url)

I don't see what the problem with lessening the learning curve of an extremely hard to learn game is. 

Please remember - what may come natural to most people after X amount of years, several updates and versions, different games and sites eve - will not be obviously apparent to newcomers. 

Report Post Tip

My main concern with this was the whole stealth/privacy side of things.

I feel these concerns are no longer an issue with the toggle option so would be happy to sponsor.

Report Post Tip
PC-Warrior has sponsored this suggestion. This suggestion has received the required 5 sponsors and has been submitted to the player commission forum.

Player Commission Thread: OC Invite List Improvements
Report Post Tip
The voting for this suggestion has passed.

PC-Cassiopeia has voted YES. [5] (No reason given)
PC-El_Nino has voted YES. [4] (No reason given)
PC-DeadlySin has voted YES. [2] (No reason given)
PC-ralph has voted YES. [2] (If this doesn't impinge on the optional toggle for visibility, sure.)
PC-SpikeSpiegel has voted YES. [2] (No reason given)
PC-Warrior has voted YES. [2] (No reason given)
PC-Whitey has voted YES. [2] (No reason given)
PC-Flash-Fire has voted NO. [3] (No reason given)
PC-Lola has not voted. [2]
PC-Patti has not voted. [2]
PC-Pratster has not voted. [2]
PC-Sticks has not voted. [2]
PC-Ter has not voted. [2]

Voting Totals, Yes: 19 (7), No: 3 (1), Undecided: 10 (5).

PC-Whitey, it is now your responsibility to write a final summary for the coders and to create/edit the wiki article for the suggestion.
Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: OC Invite List Improvements
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL