Get Timers Now!
X

May 05 - 05:28:41
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
PP Unfriendly and CAs Started by: Vedder on Oct 04, '12 00:00

I want to bring up an interesting item that has been bugging me for the last few weeks. We have individuals in our community that are PP unfriendly...which is fine. I have a long list of members who are very vocal about wanting me to keep my hands to myself but frequently visit the pockets of my CAs. Being PP unfriendly is fine, but what happens when that same individual is a very active PPer against CAs? What makes me laugh a little is reading their profiles and the threads of mugging with no apologies to anyone who attempts to rob from their pockets. Of course this isn't about money for me, it's about principle. 

Sure, CAs don't exactly kick up like the NPMs used so it's not like the $42 here and there is affecting my actual income. But from a RP perspective, how can you claim PP unfriendly but still try to take money out of people that I, as an upstanding mobster, employ? Are you messing with my paid help and essentially messing with my ability to put food on the table? I'm all for getting my pockets abused (to include my CAs), as long as you are willing to do the same. Don't stick your hands in any pockets if you are not open to me doing the same.  There's a word for this and it rhymes with hypocrite.

Thoughts? Am I irritated for no reason? 

Report Post Tip

As a pickpocket unfriendly person I really don't think that anyone claiming that they are unfriendly to people sticking their hands in their pockets should be pickpocketing at all. At the same time I dont think people that enjoy it should be pickpocketing people like me. However, its hard to tell I can imagine those that are truly pickpocket unfriendly and dont ever pickpocket to those that have double standards.

In short if you claim pickpocket unfriendly, you shouldn't ever be pickpocketing unless its during a war and your CL tells you to (in which case its generally a bad idea to go against your CL at that point in time.)

Report Post Tip

From an RP perspective, the whole thing is a mess to begin with.

Logically, assuming that someone has a problem with being PP'd, then it would also be fair to assume that they shouldn't then be PPing anyone else. However, I would guess that people primarily are against being PP'd to prevent losing either their $5000 or providing information on their protection level and neither of those reasons really apply to CAs as being PP'd doing affect their income and they have no protection level information to hide.

I think it is fair to think that if you aren't PP friendly, then you shouldn't be PPing anyone including CAs. Whether there is a Boss out there with the inclination or the ability to enforce such a policy though, that remains to be seen.

Report Post Tip

I see both of your points, as I hold the same opinion. The only thing that really pushed me to make the thread was reading how adamant some of those showing up in my CA locals are about being PP'd. I hope my CA shoots them!

Report Post Tip

Fingers crossed!

Report Post Tip

From a RP perspective what mobsters carry around signs they're friendly to pick pockets? None in any movies I've seen or books I've read.

For the sake of this topic let's say RP does matter. You're a mobster bribing a FBN for cheap coke, you pay him $4500 per unit and sell it for whatever high price you find. Any money he has on hand that's stolen from other mobsters doesn't effect your business relationship so why should you care? He's just a cop you're going to end up killing before he retires anyway.

Report Post Tip

Thanks for all those singles your FBN keeps giving me. My bank account really is fattening up from it.

Report Post Tip

The majority of people who are unfriendly towards pickpocketing tend to be people like myself who find it stupid that a member of the mafia would go around pickpocketing other mobsters especially those of made men and above where in reality they would be beaten or killed if caught depending the mood of the guy they stole from.

As for FBN agents I think Innocence pointed it out best.

Report Post Tip

I believe if the pickpocket your CA they have given you permission to PP them.. Although I have no CA so it is not an issue but that is how I would treat the event..until told otherwise by my boss, I get shot, or they piss me off enough that I shoot them and then none of it matters.

Respect keeps you alive, helps get you friends and moves you up in this world.. and only punks dont understand that.

Report Post Tip

Understood that stealing from a CA does not change the amount they will earn for the owner. My problem is with the players who inform the public that any PPer will get mugged regardless of their stature, yet are PPing CAs on the sly. So the RP aspect of a CA doesn't make much sense anyway, but one thing is clear to me: messing with anyone who helps line my pockets is not cool

Report Post Tip

This has been a pet peeve of mine for a very very long time. I don't mind you taking money from my CA. If you PP'ing my CA meant I would receive a small deduction of the amount of drugs I get, I would still be ok with it provided you are PP friendly yourself. However, to advertise that you are PP unfriendly and claim to hate PP'ers or that you would shoot or mug a PP'er and then commit the same 'heinous crime' on something that can't mug or attack you irritates me.

'You aren't loosing any money so why should you care?' How much does it take to earn back 5k? 20 petties,max? Well even if that seems an inordinate amount of work for you , most PP'ers I have met on here seem to return the money they take. So, you aren't loosing any money either, why should you be against getting PP'ed?

Same train of thought.

Report Post Tip

i never cared who pp'd my ca, as is just an easy victim or a training ground for pp'ers in my mind like durdens.  I get the same cash out of him, i am generally happy. Most of my pp'ing on me is between family members building a skill level which keeps me happy as is serving the family and boosting me, so it keeps outsiders out of my pocket i am happy.  Am i a big pp'er....no coz i am lazy in all honest and put in my whole character what some people do in weeks :(.(r/l and my job ftl)

Report Post Tip

With regard to the topic itself, I agree with the point in respect of people being hypocrites if they PP a CA when they themselves are PP Un-friendly. I dont really think RP comes into it at all though, its quite simple that these people want to hone their PP skill without allowing others to PP them, if someone like this PPs any CA that I employ, I make a note of their name and PP them as often as I can find them. I could have a list of 10 people to choose to PP from, but i'll always check first to see if any hypocrites are available.

Report Post Tip

An interesting question for sure - I would like to offer a different viewpoint here...

You say it is about the principle (therefore not the specific act of pickpocketing, but the fact that someone does something which they prohibit being done to themselves).

Apply the principle in question to wacking. I will rewrite a line of yours to illustrate this:

(Original) "Don't stick your hands in any pockets if you are not open to me doing the same."

(New line) "Don't fire your gun at anything if you are not open to me doing the same."

Just because someone shoots MIAs on a regular basis doesn't mean they should be friendly toward someone shooting at them, in the same way that someone who pickpockets CAs/Durdens doesn't have to be friendly to pickpocketing :P

Report Post Tip

pfffsh 

Report Post Tip

Im sure you know yourself DeadlySin, the two are not comparable, one ends a life, the other takes a little cash.

Report Post Tip

No the simple difference here is that Corrupt officers & Durdens are not players, players loose nothing from their CA being PP'd.

Police are not offered protection by the mafia, we get them on our payroll to make us money. Yet our own members are subject to our rules & our codes of conduct & if you wish to take money from someone else protected by their leader you better have permission or face the consequences.

Report Post Tip

Police are not offered protection by the mafia, we get them on our payroll to make us money. Yet our own members are subject to our rules & our codes of conduct & if you wish to take money from someone else protected by their leader you better have permission or face the consequences.

So,hypothetically speaking of course, if I was to shoot your ca, you wouldn't be pissed?

Report Post Tip

That is a big difference, by shooting a corrupt officer that is on someone else's payroll you are directly taking money from them.

Report Post Tip

"Im sure you know yourself DeadlySin, the two are not comparable, one ends a life, the other takes a little cash."

Well obviously. But if you read what I said, you'll see it was the priciple being discussed, not the specific act.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: PP Unfriendly and CAs
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL