Get Timers Now!
X

May 05 - 03:09:24
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Things you wish you could do on Mafia Returns Started by: Surreal on Oct 11, '12 19:48

This has been brought up many times and in order to protect the privacy of users as well as avoid sexual harassment the coders have decided not to specify gender. It isn't needed really, we can do this with our profile pictures and quotes.

I am female, my character is female.. I show this through my profile just like many others do. I don't care if I see "his" or "hers". I'd rather the coders take the time to code new features and fix things than worry about gender specific messages and am pretty sure there are others out there that feel the same.

As for the "mug" feature, it's an attack as it causes harm to another player. Therefore it would have to use the same attack timer as wack if it were coded in as a standalone feature rather than a defence and deterrent against unwelcome pick pocketing.

The only reason pick pocketing got its own timer was so people would realise it wasn't an attack that caused physical effects on the character and only has financial impact on the victim. This way leaders wouldn't kill those who pick pocketed.

Report Post Tip

She's definitely alllllllllllllllllll woman.

Report Post Tip

Not to say that Jono doesn't accept men applicants for love as well.

Your hopes are still alive, WhereAml!

Report Post Tip

Jono gets all the love and enemas he needs from me Goku. Stop trying to whore my Mushmonkey out.

Report Post Tip

I am sorry, the boys are just always trying to get me to introduce them to him. Especially peacemaker, I can't even mention in public what he asked me to ask of Jono!

Report Post Tip

Peacemaker cannot be involved, it would be incest..

Report Post Tip

Damn. My cover is blown!

Flies away

Report Post Tip

And incest is wrong!

Report Post Tip

It is? God damnit.

Report Post Tip

wish i could play MR where people didnt exploit the BG loop hole. Its fucking annoying to see people getting demoted, then demoted agian for BGs.

Report Post Tip

Rank up and do something then, Ragnarok... Winks

And Jono loves men. DrDrew is nothing more than an elaborate beard.

Report Post Tip

I wish for the same thing Rags, unfortunately as long as the leadership demotes for that reason it will continue. I long for the days when a demote was a punishment rather than a reward as well.

Report Post Tip

Ill rank up and do something about it, no prob. Meanwhile another 9100 BGs will be bought. Good luck to me

Report Post Tip

Will be waiting a very long time for leaders to get stupid enough to pay full price when they don't have to.

Report Post Tip

Very true Donbot As much as i hate the whole demotion thing and agree that it should ONLY be used as a punishment you wont see any change in how things run around here, I have never had a army of BGs protect me and have only ever been demoted once for a misshap somthing that cut me as i love my rank.

The only way i can see change happening would be to have BGs rank affiliated 

EG you can only buy BGs once you reach a certain rank like say MadeMan and the BGs are held at say a universal price

Report Post Tip

Another solution is to make it so bodyguards cost the same as they would at the rank before the first demotion of a character until that rank is exceeded then the cost will reset to the new rate...

For example:

DorkieDork is a Consig, if he is demoted the bodyguards would cost the same as they would at Consig...

DinkyDo is a Made Man, DinkyDo's bodyguards would cost the same if he is demoted, say he gets demoted.. Then ranks to Capo, the bodyguard price upon demotion would then raise to Capo prices.

One of my main bugs about demoting a high ranker to get them bodyguards is that it cheapens the ranks even more than they have been in the past. Ranks no longer mean anything other than how many units you can possess with the current reward demotions. Demotion was initially brought in as an alternative punishment to wack back in the old days, that way people weren't dying for stuff that didn't really deserve a wack, but did deserve some form of punishment that exceeded a fine.

Report Post Tip

Russian Roulette

Report Post Tip

One click button for petties, like felonies.

Also, higher pay for felonies.  It's strange that I can make as much, if not more for a petty crime as I would for something that would legally be worse.  Also, robbing a post office would be a federal crimer, therefore a felony.  And, prostitution shouldn't be a crime!  It's a way of renting friends.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Things you wish you could do on Mafia Returns
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL