Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 13:23:19
Page:  1 
8 Crazy Night with WhereAml Started by: WhereAml on Nov 03, '12 22:29

You receive a flier from one of the local poor boys who seems a little healthier than usual. He even has a food stain on his shirt, so obviously his employer is paying him well enough, so this probably isn’t just some scam.

WhereAmL has requested your help immediately; he messed up so badly he can’t deal with it on his own this time. We would like you to come and see if you can help him find out what happened after these last Eight Crazy Nights. There is 8 Million Dollars up for grabs. We’ll be Lost in LA waiting for you.

Report Post Tip

1 night with WhereAmL is bad enough. I don't think anyone could handle 8 nights with him.

Robb shakes his head at the very thought of spending a night with WhereAmL

Report Post Tip

(OOC: Winners won't be announced until the end. If I announce winners people might not try all the puzzles and I really want everyone to give all of them a shot.)

Report Post Tip

I've lived on the other side of the country for the better part of my life. So, roaming the streets and sitting in my apartment in Philly has made me a bit... well I lack the knowledge as to why WhereAmL is so bad. STDs? Is he a Leper? I'm curious to grab these 8 million bucks, but I don't need to sacrifice my dignity to do so. More details would be nice.

Report Post Tip

BigDaddy I can tell you the information has been provided. Everything is in place and I know of at least three who are pretty well into the competition. The answers will eventually be posted, but until then I can't give any hints.

Report Post Tip

Lilac eyes the young boy curiously before reading the flier that was rather unceremoniously shoved into her hand. She scans the contents several times, then eyes the boy again.

''I'm not quite clear on this. Am I being asked to participate in a competition? Or to help someone? And, regardless of the answer, how does one approach this with...well, with no information other than this fellow's name and whereabouts?'' She glances at BigDaddy with an expression of utter bewilderment as he mentions STDs; $8 million wasn't enough to convince her of anything that involved parasites, never mind those from someone who had declared themselves as 'in a mess'.

Listening to the boy, she shakes her head. ''I'm afraid that ambiguity is something that repels me. I don't do hints. I like facts and solid information. Good luck anyway...whatever it is. I'm sure somebody will pick up the mantle...maybe.''

Report Post Tip

Cory Chase stepped forward and smiled as he pulled a cigarette out and began to tap it against a container.

"Ms.Delaney, mafia members have being using code in our world for quite some time now. There is more then what meets the eye at these type of things. There has always been secret communication and those who have access to those secrets have to decode them at times. Just because you don't understand the initial clue doesn't mean anything honestly, it isn't a hard start to the competition. Use your wit if you wish to participate, but if the 8 million dollars isn't worth your time, then sit it out. We have competitors out there right now using their skills, brains, and wit to figure out the clues involved.

In mafia tense, what if you were asked to deliver a message that is unclear to outsiders, orders from your boss. This might be one way you would go about that process, or not. If the prize money isn't worth your time, it is worth others time. That, or just the competition itself. And no ma'am, not maybe, there is people out there figuring the clues out like they want as we speak."

He took a long smoke and ashed it. He kept his smile as he walked back over to WhereAmL.

"On that note, good luck to all the competitors, I have seen people busy at this already. I would compete but getting anywhere near WhereAmL..... I am afraid of infection."

Report Post Tip

I... I'm so confused.

Big Daddy turns around and leaves. Never looking back.

Report Post Tip

A messenger had slipped a note to Rhaziel saying about WhereAmI getting lost , she hurried right away to the streets and sees what is the commotion all about , seeing that its WhereAmI talking about money and his crazy nights , she chuckles to herself as she had been a victim on it earlier.

"Good luck finding all the clues and finishing the mystery , hopefully you guys will help him find his home now " With that Rhaziel went to her car and drive back home to Los Angeles.

Report Post Tip

(OOC: We are now 24 hours in, I hope everyone who wanted to try did. That being said, two puzzles are yet to be finished. The two yet to be finished will be revealed in The Back Room along with a clue for the one judged to be a little too hard.)

Report Post Tip

Theres a clue in New York for those whom are looking. I'm too lazy to bother unscrambling it. Good luck if you havent found it already

Report Post Tip

That information is given after you get two steps into the puzzles, along with a lot more information.

Report Post Tip

''If I may...I'd like to apologise to Whereaml. It appears I was rather hasty in making assumptions about this competition and I'd like to retract what I said out of respect to both him, his city and my own city.

I wish all the competitors the best of luck; having tried myself in my spare time, this is a little bit beyond me, so kudos to whomever unravels the mystery.''

Report Post Tip

(OOC: Due to the lack of an answer for the CH puzzle still, there will be another clue posted in The Back Room, after this I can't give many more clues without handing the puzzle away)

Report Post Tip

I would like to thank everyone for helping me dispose of the evidence of another one of my disturbing escapades. For those who are interested, I have a black book filled with what happened and who figured out what to do with each body first. The prizes will be sent out soon now that the competition is over, unfortunately my bloodline's history of getting shot by rogues made it irresponsible to hold onto the prize money so our sponsor, the wonderful Godmother Innocence will be distributing out the prizes as soon as she sees fit. I would like to thank Innocence, Cory_Chase, and Eris for their unique help, and everyone who participated. As always I hate you all, and here's the link to the little black book:

http://mafiareturns.com/comm/thread/305120/tpass/6068912188ba720eee2254a78a2783a8#3794679

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: 8 Crazy Night with WhereAml
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL