Get Timers Now!
X

May 04 - 21:24:39
Page:  1 
Why You should participate in the PC Election Started by: WhereAml on Nov 12, '12 07:03

Recently WhereAmL had started noticing the PC accounts were up for voting in again and realized most of the people on their seemed to work hard. He began thinking what if it isn't hard workers are attracted to being PC members, what if being a PC member forced you to do work and appear to be a worthwhile citizen regardless of whether you are or not.

Friends, enemies, neutral people, and whatever we're calling iocaste and Warrior these days; I come with a message you all should heed. There is a slim possibility that the title of PC forces people to do work and be upstanding citizens. These are qualities never associated with Scousedom. It may be a stretch, but I truely believe we may have stumbled upon the cure for Scousedom and I am here to force FlouryTortoise to volunteer for this experiment.

We recently had our best lab tech monkeys and lab experiment monkeys put together a trial. The results were inconclusive due to a lack of sufficient test subjects, but the monkeys we did test leaned towards the monkeys with star stickers on their foreheads spending less time sleeping and flinging poop and more time collecting and eating bananas. Our hypothesis is that the title of PC will either cure scousedom, or make them eat more giving them diet related risks and shorten their life span. This is a win-win situation for the community and now we need your support. Go to http://mafiareturns.com/comm/thread/305505#35531812 and sign our ballot.

Force this lazy bastard to be PC, help us find the cure to scousedom.

Report Post Tip

I don't actually understand this, (this game needs a lexicon so bad) but I'd like to point out that FlouryTortoise is always in jail.

Report Post Tip

^^ Probally due to the NYPD cracking down on the hubcap stealers.

Report Post Tip

This is a poster rallying the troops for our campaign. This heartless bastard may be saved if we force him onto the Players Commission Board. It may do nothing at all, but on the off chance it does make him change his ways, we have to try!

Report Post Tip

Ha! Well, I now get what PC stands for, but what is it and how does one vote for it?

Report Post Tip

I heard that some guy could help you with that. He's happy to help with any general question and he's known as HelpDesk. Feel free to ask him everything !

Report Post Tip

Captious2,

The PC Stands for Player Commission, it is a group of elected players who work with the suggestions forum (a place where users put forth ideas for the game), and pick which ones they think will work well with the game, massage the ideas, turn it into an idea that is ready to be implemented, then vote on it to be included.

They provide a valuable service to the game and the community by keeping the game "fresh" and balanced by all their combined input. Under the Comm menu is the Suggestions forum (raw ideas), and Player Commission forum (raw ideas currently being massaged and voted upon). Youll also now see a PC menu at the top right of your screen, this is only here temporarily, but allows you to see who is currently running for the next wave of PC, and also the voting page (goes active on the 15th).

Report Post Tip

Thanks!

Report Post Tip

this thing is just going to turn into a popularity contest.  instead of those being voted in that will benifit the community it will be lets vote in our favorite coffee shop friends.

Report Post Tip

It could Ragnarok, it easily could.

However, if the community actually goes and checks out the threads from those applying, then hopefully they will vote based on that and the supporting evidence (Suggestions history), rather than decide based on who is "cool" on IRC.

Report Post Tip

It's a running joke Ragsacunt Ragnarok. Most people voting seriously have read all the threads and know what these people have done for the community and will vote based on that. Learn to laugh a little and stop crying so much. Also, those that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, what the hell have you done? You aren't running but honestly what have you done that qualifies you to understand the work put in by others? Probably nothing. Have you even read all the threads? I haven't and that's why I'm not actually voting, otherwise I'd probably vote for everyone Enkindle and Izzy endorsed because those people actually done things to help the game without need for reward in the past.

Report Post Tip

The use of the C word in this format is over the top, I'm sorry for using it, but I stand behind the rest of my statement.

Report Post Tip

I apologize to you Ragnarok for the use of the C word, it's over the top and offensive. I have a vulgar mouth but that's not an excuse for language like that in OOC or the Streets. I stand behind the rest of my comment, but I apologize for the use of the C word.

Report Post Tip

Now that there's no longer the risk of my actions getting the city attacked, there's nothing wrong with using the C word in forums like this. Worse things have been said and they will continue to be said. I don't know if it was Phil hating the word or Rags crying to Phil because someone made fun of him, but I did nothing wrong here. If you want to attack someone's ideas, buck up and expect them to come back at you.

Report Post Tip

Well this took a turn.

Report Post Tip

A Wildly more entertaining turn.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Why You should participate in the PC Election
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL