Get Timers Now!
X

May 16 - 16:25:24
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
felony invites and pop ups Started by: His on Dec 03, '12 22:02

so, thought I'd toss this out there, I wish you could send an invite to people while they still have time on their felony timers...

Wow now, I know, I know, slow down and listen..

These wouldn't pop up for them until their timers up and they'd show up as part of the felony pop up, "so and so left you a note, he wants your help robbing the bank, accept?" as well as the normal felony button.

the invite would still appear in your personals, but not until your timer runs out, but it'd be there incase your petty popup over ruled your felony or something like that.

any ways, I thought I'd put this out there.

Report Post Tip

One problem is that, it would make people too visible. Maybe if you had to manually invite someone...

Report Post Tip

that would work :P

Report Post Tip

If this was limited to family or city members it would be a cool feature.

Report Post Tip

I like this, but would prefer if, as Toby suggests, it were limited to family/city members.

Report Post Tip

well, I agree, it would be best for just family/city, didn't think of that, but it's a great idea!

Report Post Tip

Another idea on OC's I don't like as it would detract from people talking to complete an OC.

Report Post Tip

I don't think it's going to detract anymore conversation from organising an OC than there already is. You can pretty much always get your OC done without uttering a word to anybody if you're willing to check the invite screen every couple of minutes.

I could still see people going "Hey got an OC, where you at?" "Chicago, but I have 6 mins on the felony" "Alright I'll shoot you an invite, accept it when your felony is free yeah!?"

Which is just as much conversation as "OC in CH" being posted in every possible room that the Mastermind thinks is going to attract people.

I don't think this will harm anybody, and is just a nice little convenience. I do agree with Toby's point also though.

Report Post Tip
PC-Pratster has sponsored this suggestion. This suggestion now has a total of 1 sponsors and will need 4 more sponsors in order to be submitted to the player commission forum.
Report Post Tip

I will go ahead and agree with almost everything here, as most of the PC's in this thread have stated, limiting it to direct family I believe would be less intrusive on someone. During a time of hostility especially, this feature could be used to find anyone who is trying to be stealthily, rather easily.

So as long as IT IS directed to only family, I will agree and sponsor this :).

Report Post Tip
PC-Sticks has sponsored this suggestion. This suggestion now has a total of 2 sponsors and will need 3 more sponsors in order to be submitted to the player commission forum.
Report Post Tip

I agree there are pros and cons to this that both need a bit more thought on it.

I think the fact people need to have an open timer before they can receive an invite is a good thing. For one, it means lower ranks often are invited as they dont have a felony timer and can be found more often, as opposed to the higher ranks clicking felony as soon as it opens. This feature would mean that folk are more likely to simply send manual invites and then rock and roll with the folk they know instead of inviting the unknown.

.. that said.. This feature does make it more Organised, doesn't it? Instead of simply grabbing whomever becomes available you would now have the ability to actually plan it and manually invite family so that they can accept when they are able to.

Its certainly an interesting idea. One that I feel has enough merit to sponsor so that it can at least possibly reach the PC for further discussion.

Report Post Tip
PC-Warrior has sponsored this suggestion. This suggestion now has a total of 3 sponsors and will need 2 more sponsors in order to be submitted to the player commission forum.
Report Post Tip

So long as there are limits to who can be added beforehand it works for me. 

Report Post Tip
PC-SpikeSpiegel has sponsored this suggestion. This suggestion now has a total of 4 sponsors and will need 1 more sponsor in order to be submitted to the player commission forum.
Report Post Tip

What limits would you like to see, Spike?

Just wondering if your thoughts are on the same track as the previous limitations mentioned?

Report Post Tip

This would go great alongside or even instead of the other OC upgrade suggestion.

I would just like to point out that I think these 'limitations' are pointless now that you can toggle your OC invites. 

{pretty sure you guys are worried about people using these suggestions to find locals during wartime - Every war or conflict since the OC toggle has been implimented I have recommended to friends that they toggle their OC off. I don't see this as a loophole for grabbing locals when someone doesn't want to be found - especially with this new toggle}

Report Post Tip
PC-Whitey has sponsored this suggestion. This suggestion has received the required 5 sponsors and has been submitted to the player commission forum.

Player Commission Thread: felony invites and pop ups
Report Post Tip

I was thinking along the previously mentioned limitations Warrior. 

Report Post Tip
The voting for this suggestion has failed.

Voting Totals, Yes: 0 (0), No: 0 (0), Undecided: 0 (0).

The PC may continue discussion of the suggestion and reopen voting or close the thread.
Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: felony invites and pop ups
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL