Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 15:22:39
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
GAME CHANGE: New Bodyguards Info Started by: Squishy on Dec 28, '12 01:44

The new bodyguard system can be used to purchase bodyguards immediately. There is a link to purchase bodyguards under the old pricing on the page which will allow you to purchase the old style up until January 12th, at 23:59:59.

If you are familiar with the old style bodyguards, we have renamed a few things. Its maximum HP is now called its "maximum skill". Training a bodyguard now refers to training it to increase its maximum skill. The old healing or training of bodyguard verbage now refers to "Upkeep".

A new bodyguard starts with a maximum of 10 skill.
Bodyguards can be trained to a maximum of 100 skill.
Training adds an additional 10 to it's maximum skill.
You must wait 24 hours from your last train, to train it again.
The cost of purchasing a bodyguard depends on your rank at the time of the purchase.
The cost of training a bodyguard depends on your rank at the time of the train.

Pricing for bodyguards is listed at the bottom of the page.

In summary: If you demote for cheaper bodyguards, they are not as cheap as they used to be overall once they are trained up to 100hp. As you rank up, the cost to upgrade their maximum skill level goes up with your current rank.

Report Post Tip

Can I just ask if this will affect the amount of BG's any one person can now have?

Like can a goomba have 400 10 skill BG's or is it roughly the same as before?

Report Post Tip

The cap is the same as before.

Report Post Tip

Does the skill of the Bg change from to the rank of the buyer? Like if A don buys a BG at 10 skill and train's it up to 100 skill would it be more effective then a Goomba with a bg at the same skill?

Report Post Tip

A BG at 10 is a BG at 10, regardless of what rank the owner is, the BGs provide a static amount of defense based only on their current HP.

Report Post Tip

Do BGs still lose 1 hp per day ? In which case, for example, one hp from a GF's BG would be worth 57.5k since it costs 575k to recover 10hp at that rank (instead of the usual 12k per hp for any rank) ? It sounds like a great increase in costs for maintaining BG's at a high level...

Report Post Tip

I'm sorry if I'm misunderstanding things, but this doesn't seem to make much sense to me. I hadn't had time to really look into it before, but now with the numbers being there it seems to be rather counterintuitive.

As far as I understood it, the change was made with the intention of dissuading the use of the 'loophole' of demoting for BGS. Obviously most people are getting 100bgs when demoted but for ease of maths, I'll use an example of 1 for ease of maths:

Buying 1 BG at Thug:
Old way: Static cost of $750,000
New Way:

Initial Cost (1)
Upgrade at Gangster (1)
Upgrade At Goomba (2)
Upgrade at Earner (3)
Upgrade at Wise Guy (3)
Total BG-at-100HP Cost

Of course, another alternative is that you could potentially take a demotion back to thug each day for 10 days ensuring each upgrade would only be 150k. In other words, the amount you pay for a 'demotion' BG under the new system is between the range of $1,500,000 - $2,605,000

Buying 1 BG at Don:
Old way: $5,000,000
New Way: Initial payment of $532,500, 9 subsequent upgrades at the same price, total cost of $5,325,000

This is baffling to me. Yes, under the new system, demoting to buy can be up to 2-3 times more expensive than it used to be whereas staying at rank to buy only adds a small increase (325k for example). However, that is frankly inconsequential because as of the 12th the old system will cease to exist. If given the option of paying as little as 1.5m up to 2.6 mill or paying pretty much double that for the top ranks, the most sensible option will be to demote for your BGS, just as it is now; so this change doesn't actually change anything in my view.

In addition, although I can see the appeal behind the initial buy in price for BGs as it allows members who normally wouldn't have the funds to 'get involved' so to speak, but long term I feel this change could create a huge gulf between young and old; although those of us who have active accounts now have till the 12th to take advantage of the old bg pricing system, what of new players who come after? They have no choice but to pay at least twice as much, if not more than 3 times as much, to get fully bged up at thug than accounts which are already established. I don't see how that's a good thing at all.

Again, massive apologies if I've misunderstood how this works (if I have, I'm going to look like a massive mong); and I hate being overly critical without being able to provide a realistic alternative myself but, to be honest, I wasn't a fan of the old system but that is much preferable to this in my view.

Report Post Tip

When you buy a bg at 10 skill is the not counted as a full bg like say a 20 bg made that all have 10 skill is that equal 2 full skill Bg's?

Report Post Tip

"When you buy a bg at 10 skill is the not counted as a full bg like say a 20 bg made that all have 10 skill is that equal 2 full skill Bg's?"

1 bg at 10 skill = .1 of a full 100 hp bg
10 bgs at 10 skill = 1 full 100 hp bgs
10 bgs at 30 skill = 3 full 100 hp bgs
20 bgs at 50 skill = 10 full 100 hp bgs
20 bgs at 100 skill = 20 full 100 hp bgs and so on.

Report Post Tip

NoahLevenstein,

The new BG system was put in place as a compromise between people wanting to never allow demotions for bgs, and people still being able to afford it.

We found the middle-ground being to increase the cost and effort in order to get BGs at a greatly reduced price (Demotion, plus staying demoted for the next 9 upgrades, while having a period of vulnerability during so), while keeping the costs of high ranked bodyguards around the same.

Report Post Tip

Can you train your all BG's up to 100 skill in one day?

Report Post Tip

"Can you train your all BG's up to 100 skill in one day?"

No, you can only upgrade the max skill up by 10 at a time, waiting 1 day in between each upgrade.

"You must wait 24 hours from your last train, to train it again."

Report Post Tip

Every rank has a maximum level for the BGs purchased at that rank. For example, the best BGs you can purchase at Gangster, has a lower amount than the best you can purchase at Goomba.

As you rank up, you will be able to upgrade your bodyguards from their original lower max to go up to the current max of what your current rank can hold.

Sooo in summary: Buying 100 BGs at Gangster will not be as good as buying 100 BGs at Capo unless you decide to increase their maxes as you rank up. Demoting for BGs is cheaper in the short run to get BGs, but in the long run it is slightly more expensive than buying them at your existing rank if you upgrade them at every rank.

I may be wrong here, as I'm terrible with math. But I was under the impression that BGs could be purchased at a starting rate that was higher than 10, depending on your rank was when you bought them. From what I've seen, all BGs bought start at ten.

I was under the impression that "Demoting for BGs is cheaper in the short run to get BGs, but in the long run it is slightly more expensive than buying them at your existing rank if you upgrade them at every rank." meant that it would be slightly less expensive if you didn't demote, but from what I've seen, it's just made it about 3 times more expensive to buy BGs at thug, and a bit more expensive at the higher ranks, judging by the math that Noah showed. Was something changed that I missed?

Report Post Tip

Another thing to mention since I do not know. Do BGs have to have health in order to upgrade them?

Say I have 10 BGs with 3 hp because I cannot afford to keep their hp up, their upkeep, do I have to heal them before I upgrade them to 20 health?

Report Post Tip

" do I have to heal them before I upgrade them to 20 health?"

Nope.

Report Post Tip

I might misunderstand it all but if you buy 100 bgs at 10 hp at gangster.. if you just start gangster and fix them every 24 hrs can you get them to 100 hp like a normal bg used to be, at a cheaper rate due to staying gangster? Or is the system built to be fair so that cant happen

Report Post Tip

**stay at gangster and not rank sorry typo.. so say I demote for bgs and just stay at 5 units fixing them every 24 hrs until 100hp then rank up

Report Post Tip

Yes, you can do things to stay at gangster for the 10 days, however, that is now 10 days of lost forward progress which helps offset the lower price you are given.

Report Post Tip

That is terrible!

but ok thanks for the reply re ranking is the easy part mostly although

Report Post Tip

I still say that a Don should be able to buy a 100HP BG at once. A consig should be able to buy a 90HP BG and need to upgrade it only once.

So on and so forth...

Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: New Bodyguards Info
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL