Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 09:45:08
Page:  1 
Support Erasing Silence Started by: -_StonedSilent_- on Jan 04, '13 00:14

A tall good looking man sharply dressed approaches the podium located in Chicago's town center and begins to speak to all those willing to take interest.

The man bows his head and begins speaking to himself silently as he took the final steps to the microphone

"I sure hope this works. You're either going to fail or succeed, but just remember that this is something you want, what you set out to do."

Stepping up to the mic the man glances across the full crowd. Normally he keeps to himself, however, this is his goal now. This is what he promised himself he could do. So he will sacrifice his own fear and silence to accomplish.

"Good people. Some of you may know me and some may not. The not would mostly be the majority of you I'm sure, I have a habit of being a fan of silence. However, to better things sometimes you just have to make your own personal agenda and stick to it regardless of what roadblocks await. The other night I found a journal, it was my great ancestor BuddahBear. He spoke of a lot. Mainly about the times in which he lived, what he saw, what he experienced. Some good some bad but I can only strongly assume that's how it goes for anyone at any time. If the perfect life is out there then someone please let me know. I shall envy you for life. However, isn't that what makes life worth living? Getting to experience hard times or the good? I think so. Well before I get off track rambling about life and how things work I just wanted to share something in particular that caught my eye."

The man opens the journal and begins to read an entry

"September 25th.

Just got done recording an episode of of daze craze. The people went crazy in the streets over it once again. It's wonderful seeing the streets so active. Not only is it a way of expressing yourself or making yourself known and liked, but it's awarding to see other events taking place by all walks of life. New Tribunes being released, contest, markets, business's and hell, just people sharing opinions. There's nothing like a booming society! Things have really transcended over the years. What a time to be a mobster."

Shutting the book Stoned looks among the crowd noticing he's grabbed more then a fews attention."

"Step one complete."

He thought to himself before addressing everyone once more.

"It could just be me or it's actually what it seems, but I'd say this is a drastic change in scenery. My Grandfather seemed so excited about the commotion in the streets, so why is it these days we don't feel the same? So alright, maybe you over hear a conversation, visit an event but just that visit. Why were we as a community so willing to speak then rather than now not making our visit known? Even if it's a negative opinion on something someone addressed, why not make it known? I have thought a lot about this myself, and honestly I can no longer be quiet. I would like to see packed streets, and a community that blends together so well despite hidden difference's or where on the map you may be from. To just share thoughts, idea's, ranting and raving, or hell even taking a swing at coming up with contests or events to share with others. I honestly think it's time for a change in how the streets are handled. I for one would like to see it encouraged no matter how horrible someone may present themselves in the public eye. Something that needs to be fixed can't be fixed unless the problem is shown for instruction."

Cracking his knuckles Stoned takes a deep breathe.

"So I'm creating a tag of S.E.S (Support Erasing Silence). You can either support it or choose not too. Either way I'm going to break mine and make myself seen n' heard amongst the cities. If you choose to support make it known. Open your voices, wear S.E.S amongst your federal profile to help spread the word."

Seeing a few men and women nodding in agreement he knew this could possibly work if he tried hard enough. That alone was enough to settle his nerves long enough to continue his speech.

"You can take this speech as ridiculousness but I promise you a more active sidewalk along streets is better for an economy then a silent one. Business's flourish, ways change, and life is just more exciting all around. You don't have to take my word for it, you just have to see for yourself. The only way that will happen is in numbers, not just by listening, nodding in agreement then going about your way but by taking steps yourself to do so. Hell if you agree with me at least make it known. Like I said, when the numbers follow, changes are made. I for one want to live that experience my Grandfather shared, I hope you all would want the same. Thank everyone for their time and I hope to hear from everyone at one point. It may not happen but I gave it a try and will continue to do so. This has been tough for me to stand in front of everyone today so I highly appreciate all of you taking the time to listen. Have a wonderful day."

Stoned turns from the mic and shoots himself a smile

"Well done my friend, you've done well," he tells himself as he finished.

Report Post Tip

Vince was smelling some pebble dash that day when he came across a leaflet saying S.E.S (Support Erasing Silence) and he couldn't help but attend this man's meeting... He hurried home and put his best suit on and called a taxi to take him Downtown Chicago.

When the speech had done and finished Vince was the first one to go and collect a badge and pin it on to his blazer with pride. He approached Stoned Silent to give his views...

I am very please to see an effort being made to bring health back to these streets, just this morning I had seen community service workers and construction men getting these streets ready for a new wave of shops and other buildings. I dont mind what these people are selling as long as they are selling something. It's been far too long that we have been walking around here to find nothing to buy.

I support your acts here and I will wear this badge with pride as I walk through the streets shouting whatever I feel is necessary to shout on that particular occasion. Amen brother, Amen.

Report Post Tip

Following VinceNoir around was proving to be a fruitful enterprise for once. Soon after his own rousing speech, he had made his way to that of another man who spoke of a new endeavour, 'Support Erasing Silence'. Although Lilac's mind was set on retrieving the lingerie that Vince had stolen from her apartment, she was still in deep thought following her own testimony to fill the streets with activity once more.

With that, -_StonedSilent_- really couldn't have made his timing any better. As he took to a podium, she positioned herself precisely ten yards to Vince Noir's rear - a safe distance given his propensity for passing wind - and leaned against a wall, ears perked and Poignant Cigarette set aflame.

She listened intently, nodding her head every few moments and occasionally observing the reactions of the crowd. He certainly appeared to have stirred some interest; there was a shift in the atmosphere, that much was certain.

When he had concluded, she made her way towards him with a wide smile and her hand outstretched.

-_StonedSilent_-, it is a pleasure to meet you, Sir. Your father would have known me; moreover, he would have been immensely proud to see the action you're taking upon the streets today. I'm here to offer my full and unshakable support. I believe in what you are trying to achieve and I will commit myself to doing all I can to help.

I'll take one of those badges, please. I'll also pass the word on to the crew and ask that they take a moment to familiarise themselves with the cause.

Congratulations, Sir. I believe you've just taken the first step in making some well overdue changes. You have my respect.

Lilac pinned her badge to the lapel of her coat, nodded at -_StonedSilent_- and made her way to HQ in order to call a meeting. She would be expecting a great deal of support for this.

Report Post Tip

Kill_The_Irishman had been wondering the streets hopeless and drunk as ussual though nobody ever noticed as he never really spoke often and he felt that was about to change. He stumbled upon a man giving a speech on street silence a fellow crew member and friend, Irish approched Stoned.

Stoned old man! How ya doin? I'd hate to say it but I have not been as social around these parts as I would like to be.. So i'll tell ya what i'll take one of your badges and I will wear it proudly... I think you are doing a good thing and I hope that more people will agree and come and get a badge..

Irish grabs a badge and pins it to his coat 

Report Post Tip

Thank you for your kind words!

The man smiles with appreciation.

I hope the trend continues as it will pay off in the long run for us all. Don't be afraid to share you opinions. I'd like to hear from all walks of life.

Report Post Tip

Raoul walks up to Stoned and goes to grab 'him' in a more than friendly way, but changes his mind and offers his hand to shake instead. Despite his open sexuality and desire to pleasure every single member of the Mafia world, experience has taught him that not everyone is open to such public displays of affection.

Well done sir, I have to say I'm all for noise... I mean there's nothing worse than silence greeting you when you are giving it your all if you know what I mean. A simple moan or groan would suffice, its not always necessary to scream the house down in pleasure. So I applaud your attempts to bring gasps of excitement back to our streets. I'd be more than happy to join you on your crusade, and will gladly take one of your badges.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Support Erasing Silence
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL