Get Timers Now!
X

May 16 - 07:34:25
Game Suggestions
1 Watchers
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Save Contacts to text or CSV and other notes Started by: SpikeSpiegel on Jan 10, '13 02:13

I have actually asked several times and have been ignored each time, what CSV means. It's kind of hard to discuss or consider a topic that I don't even know what it is.

Report Post Tip

comma-separated values

"friend1","notes for friend1"
"friend2","notes for friend2"

Any spreadsheet app (Excel, Google Docs) can import these with ease.

Report Post Tip

And we already have it as an option on the crew page for CL's and hands. This would just be adding it as one for contacts... so just their Name, notes, perhaps start date or something. That's it. Also would vary depending on any additions made to the contacts page. 

Report Post Tip

Exporting CSV's in php is really very easy. It actually has a function that does it for you pretty much: http://php.net/manual/en/function.fputcsv.php

Report Post Tip

I don't understand why you would need to save a contacts notes. I'll watch for more input from users about this, but I haven't really been a fan of these types of suggestions since they were brought up in being able to download your personals. I can understand people are looking for the easy way to do it... But how hard is copying and pasting really?

Report Post Tip

Copying and pasting your contacts page is kinda tough now with the new format.

Report Post Tip

Also with CSV you are guaranteed a perfectly importable format every simple time.

Report Post Tip

Well, since it's simple, I hope it get's a bit more sponsorship. :P

Report Post Tip

Single* time.

Report Post Tip
PC-Adrian has sponsored this suggestion. This suggestion now has a total of 2 sponsors and will need 3 more sponsors in order to be submitted to the player commission forum.
Report Post Tip

Another bump. Simple enough :P

Report Post Tip
PC-Warrior has sponsored this suggestion. This suggestion now has a total of 3 sponsors and will need 2 more sponsors in order to be submitted to the player commission forum.
Report Post Tip

Personally I see nothing wrong Spike with you sponsoring your own idea.

Report Post Tip

Well, fine, I'll add it. If anyone disagrees with me sponsoring it, I will remove my sponsorship. 

Report Post Tip

Oh nevermind Warrior.

"Of course you think your idea is great, but do others?"

lolol

Report Post Tip

I really dont see there being an issue, but if someone has made that comment to you, then I guess I see why you feel like you shouldn't sponsor it.

Report Post Tip

No no.

{No, that's what happens when you try to sponsor your own suggestion. Game says it.}

Report Post Tip

Haha, superb. Guess there IS an issue supporting your own idea then!

Report Post Tip

Personally, I'd like to see this get done as it's a pretty simplistic but useful suggestion, of course in my opinion as I suggested it. :P

Report Post Tip

Yeah this would be a useful yet simple suggestion, I agree entirely.

Enkindle even just pointed out that it would be cake to put in, so why the hell not?

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Save Contacts to text or CSV and other notes
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL