Get Timers Now!
X

May 05 - 17:58:38
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
INPUT NEEDED: Vday start time. Started by: Squishy on Jan 11, '13 22:50

I'd be interested to know how many users from the middle east/far asia play - I can personally think of 3 or 4 players from that part of the world, but I wonder if collectively they'd be too small in numbers to have any bearing on this?

Report Post Tip

Wouldn't starting it on Sunday Anna affect Australian players? It would run into their Mondays.

Report Post Tip

8 am saturday sounds like an amazing time for us UK'ers, although it would be a bit shitty for americans.

Truth is, there will be no ideal time.

However, midnight UK time, would be 7pm east coast time(?) 6pm central and 4pm west(?) so I can see why that would be a bit shitty as well.

I'd suggest maybe 5 am UK time, so it's midnight east coast time, and 9pm west coast time.

This is probably the most convenient it's going to get.

I don't think sunday is a great time personally, a lot of people have 6 am starts and what not, leaving them with around 4 hours to recover from 24 hours awake.

Report Post Tip

I like what Sammy is saying, he seems to have thought it through better.

Report Post Tip

I don't understand what is wrong with a 7am start US Pacific time?  That would be 10am east coast and 3pm in the UK...

Is that not ideal?

Report Post Tip

There is not any time that is going to make everyone happy.

I still think it should be 00:00 to 23:59 (MR TIME) on Feb 14.

But since the 16th has been decided on those exact same times are IMHO the most fair. it is the full course of a day not playing favourites.

Report Post Tip

i work, so time doesn't matter to me as work split shifts

Report Post Tip

All other things being equal, my ability to play will be limited anyway. but thinking in terms of large portions of time, I do agree that it probably should simply be one full day, midnight to midnight MR time

Report Post Tip

12:00-13:00 Saturday would probably be best, still would suck for the US players as it would be around 5-7am.. but I guess it beats having to come home from work or whatever and going straight into a long v-day run if it were to start midnight. The reason for 12:00 or 13:00 is also for whoever might be 10-12h ahead of game time, as it would be late evening for them it would be a good time for the v-day to end on Sunday between 10pm or midnight for those that need their rest for work on Monday, for the rest of us we'd still have nearly all day to get proper rest for Monday, so don't really see an issue there. The only issue is the start time for US players, but they at least have a choice to either try and get some rest before it starts and be up early, or miss one round, possibly two before they get to playing.

Report Post Tip

Ideally starting at 8am UK time and running till 8am sunday!!!

But I am from England so I am biased.

What I wouldnt want is it finishing any later than 20.00 game time sunday because of the UK people hitting the hay for work monday.

I am actually kids free for the first time on a V-day so want to give this a crack this year, could we get a consensus asap so I can plan around it.

If it isnt going to be midnight saturday then I will go out for some beers and a date :)

Report Post Tip

Perhaps a quick poll of who actually intends to participate in the all day venture is a good idea.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: INPUT NEEDED: Vday start time.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL